We're Here to Take Your Hearts

THIRTEEN

"Pete, you have pushed her around since day one. Do you not realize how much you're hurting her?!" Frank said.

"Oh shut-up, I ask for little favors..."

"They are not favors! Do you know anything about her? Did you know that the reason why she was in an orphanage was because she got in a car-accident and she was the only one who lived!?"

"No." Pete said softly.

"Jesus Pete! That child has been through the worst times and having an asshole adopt her isn't such a walk in the park." Frank stated.

"I-I didn't know."

"When she wakes up I want you to make a desicion, either keep her and treat her like a daughter, or send her back to the orphanage where she won't be miserable." Pete nodded and Frank got into the black car where Gee was sitting at the stearing weel, staring in awe at the new Frankie. The Frankie who would never stick up for anyone because he was too scared to get hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CLARISSA!" Pete yelled from downstairs. Clarissa fought back her tears as she began to walk down the stairs.

Everyone sat at the couch, wondering what would happen.

Frank's words repeated over and over in Pete's mind.

Clarissa was on the last step when she tripped over Hemingway's dog toy laying in the middle of the step. She fell to the floor, clutching her ankle and groaning in pain.

"Ohmygod Clarissa, are you alright?" Pete asked, truly worried. He got up and ran over to Clarissa, while everyone stared in shock at him. Pete put his arms around Clarissa, trying to give her a hug.

"NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed.

"Clarissa, listen to me." Pete said softly.

"NO! NO MORE DEMANDS! I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE! GET AWAY FROM ME I DON'T WANT YOU! I WANT FRANKIE!"

"Frankie's not here." Pete said sadly.

"GET ME GEE, OR RAY, OR BOB ANYBODY BUT YOU!" She screamed.

Pete looked down at her, tears poured out of her green eyes.

"You don't love me." She started. "You never cared. I've tried so hard to try to make you understand. I've tried to do everything, hoping that one day you would walk in and act like my dad. Act like how William does with Sarah. I am not loved by anyone. I don't even know why i'm still alive. Everyday I think about how I was supposed to die that day instead of my parents and little sister. I think that this is my punishment for not dying. Living here with you and having to deal with you hitting me and yelling at me non-stop.
I have never felt so unhappy. I can't even write songs anymore. You basicly took that away from me. I haven't written a song since the day you found me in the woods. I've lost all that I had left. I always had music there, I had a gift of writing songs and being able to play. But that day you yelled at me, and hit me so hard I fell to the floor crying my eyes out, I lost it. I lost everything I wanted to live for.
Then I met Frank. He actually cared! All of them did! They would come in at night and say goodnight and give me hugs and acted like they cared. I felt loved. They made it seem like you just dissapeared.
But you yelling at me wasn't the thing that broke my heart. I asked you to do one thing for me, I hoped that if you were to come to my game then you would see I could be somebody. But you didn't show. And it was Frankie who walked with me home and comforted me.
I can't live here anymore. I just can't. Not with you. Please, take me back to the orphanage."

Pete stared at the young girl in shock. He didn't know how much he had hurt this girl. You couldn't break her heart, she was so far beyond that. Just like the boy in his book, The Boy With The Thorn In His Side.

Her eyes were sparkling with pain and sorrow. Pete looked into her green eyes, trying to tell her sorry without saying it. And there, out of nowhere something happened. Something that no one thought would ever happen in a million years...

Pete Wentz was sobbing.