We're Here to Take Your Hearts

SIXTEEN

The room was silent as the large group waited for the doctor to come out of the room. Pete paced back and forth. His lips moved silently with every step. Most would think he was praying, but actually he was apologizing.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Clarissa. Come back to me. I promise I'll make everything better. I love you I really do. Come back. Come and hug me. We can all live together without arguing or fighting. Please. You can even boss me around. You can tell me to do your laundry or get your phone or feed the dog. I won't ever do anything to hurt you again. Please. Please. Please..."

The doctor walked out of the room.

"Is there any blood reletives here?" The doctor asked.

"Um, no. She's adopted." Patrick replied.

"Is the guardian here?" The doctor asked again. Patrick pointed to Pete. "Mr. Wentz, I'm Dr. Livingston. Your daughter has deep gashes in her wrists and stomach. We're unsure if she is going to make it. You can see her now."

Pete ran into the room and rushed to grab Clarissa's hand.

"Clarissa, it's Pete. I'm here. I'm here for you. Wake up. Please. Just wake up." He pleaded.

Clarissa weakily opened her eyes.

"Pete?" She whispered.

"I'm here."

"Pete, I'm sorry. I really am. It's not your fault. Please, I want you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"I want you to keep doing what you do best. Keep designing clothes, and writing songs. Keep being you. Don't let me stop you. I want you to be everything you can be, and I want you to do everything you can possibly do. Don't end up in the nut house because of me. I'll be okay, just promise me you'll go on with your life."

"I promise. But Clarissa you're scaring me."

"Don't be scared. I love you Pete."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete walked out of the room and everyone stared at him, waiting to hear what she said to him.

"Well?" Ryan asked.

"She's dead."