We're Here to Take Your Hearts

SIX

TWO WEEKS LATER:

"CLARISSA!" Pete called from downstairs. Clarissa sighed and slammed her school books down and walked down the staris. She put on her fake smile.

"Yeah Pete?" She asked smiling.

"Go get me my phone. It's in my room." He said.

"Where in your room?" She asked.

"I don't know! Just go get it!" He yelled.

"Okay." She said quietly. She fought the tears and walked up the stairs and into his room.

She searched franticly around his room for the phone. "CLARISSA HURRY UP!" He yelled. She sighed and found it near Hemingway's dog bowl. She grabbed it and ran on the hardwood floors. She ran down the stairs in her socks and before she knew it she slipped and was falling forward with Pete's phone in one hand.

"Clarissa!" Spencer yelled from the top of the stairs. Brendon ran to lift her up, but Clarissa was already dozing off.

"Clarissa, don't fall asleep okay?" Spencer repeated over and over. She kept nodding and closing her eyes.

"Where the fuck is Pete?" Joe asked, who was now also helping Clarissa by fanning her with a peice of guitar music.

"PETE!" Jon yelled.

"WHAT!?" Pete yelled back.

"COME HERE! HURRY! CLARISSA FELL!" Pete threw down the remote and got up from where he was typing on the website infront of the television.

"She's probably faking it...." He mumbled.

Clarissa was sprawled out on the floor with Spencer talking to her, Brendon keeping her head up, Joe fanning her, Jon and William were trying to get Sarah to stop crying.

"Pete, she's your fucking daughter, help us!" Patrick said.

"How!?" Pete relpied.

"Go get an ice-pack from the freezer!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clarissa woke up from darkness in her room. Music was playing from her ipod speakers beside her bed. Sarah and Spencer were sitting by her bed.

"What happened?" Clarissa asked.

"You were running down the stairs with Pete's phone and you slipped. Spencer saw the whole thing." Sarah said.

"Thanks for turning on my music." Clarissa said.

"It was Spencer's idea." Sarah said.

"Do you have a headache? Do you need Tylenol? Do you wanna stay home today and not go to school?" Spencer asked.

"I'm fine, can you get me my drumsticks though?" Clarissa asked sitting up. Spencer handed her her sticks and she began tapping a new beat on her drum pad.

"How do you come up with that?" Spencer asked.

"I hear it in my head. I can hear music then I play it." She said, still tapping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah and Clarissa sat down on the couch watching cartoons. Clarissa started tapping on her knees. Pete walked down the stairs.