Into the Deep

Chapter One- Nice to Meet You

Into the Deep
||Castiel||

http://www.sweetandtalented.com/images/keys/keys05.jpg

Age: 24
Height: 5’ 4”

Hot-tempered, bored easily, plays with fire, no family, lived in Ireland for 3 years, loves to argue.

0.1 Nice to Meet You

Scarlet kneels down to pick up the quarter she drops and almost falls after forgetting her feet were strapped with heels. Her black tousled curls fall to her face while she tips her head to light herself another cigarette, shielding it from the harsh winds with her left hand.

She hates how long it takes for the Winchesters to find the information about the strange passerby’s from inside the bar, it always seems to get the best of her, making Scarlet revert back to old habits. Scarlet isn’t familiar with the havoc of Philadelphia and hates it with the depths of her soul. She had grown so accustomed to her small town life that now anything but seemed to be too overwhelming. Dean, Sam, and herself were only there for another three days or so, tops. Scarlet couldn’t have been more relieved.

It had been 2 months since the Winchester’s had come face to face with the petite hunter Scarlet. After what seemed like an eternity of searching, they had found her, in Oregon, of all places. She was “spunky” as Dean loved to refer her as, with sharp skills to amp her sharp attitude. She was what they had been on a quest for: A skilled hunter to help with the Apocalypse, nothing more.

It hadn’t gone exactly as they hoped. Scarlet was a likable character, which easily broke the wall they had planned on building. It just wasn’t possible. She was just too damn charismatic.


Scarlet took a glance behind her to find Sam and Dean exiting the bar, thanking someone whom she guessed had been a rather good lead for them –she stomped out her cigarette. Dean hated when she smoked: it’ll kill you quicker; that’s what he’d always say. She pats down her black clothing and rearranges her leather jacket.

“Finally,” Scarlet heaves, standing to make her way from the curb to the boys. “I thought you’d never get out of there!” Scarlet saw Sam rolls his eyes sarcastically.

Scarlet was always a bit offended by Sam’s constant mood swings while around her. One minuet they were friends and then the next he’d avoided her as if she were the plague. It was never meant to be personal though. Scarlet made him feel on edge, for whichever reason he wasn’t sure. It irked Scarlet when she would see ‘the look’ in Sam’s eyes. I certain look that said: ‘I still don’t trust you.’

“You better have somethin’ worth something.” Scarlet threatens Dean right after nudging him which her arm.

“Oh, believe me, we do babe.” Scarlet hears Dean comment, which she glares at in return. The first time Dean pulled that, Scarlet made it clear to him; I’m not a babe, babe.

“Oops, sorry, Scarlet,” Scarlet smiles, that was more like it.

_________________________________________________________________

Another day, another week, another hotel room; Scarlet was pretty sure she couldn’t feel any more like a gypsy. Sometimes the job really took a toll on Scarlet to the point of breaking. She would become depressed and distant and mope around when not hunting. When she’d rather be seen eating a gallon of ice cream then play with knives the Winchesters knew something was wrong.

Scarlet flips the channel to a simple show she can’t seem to comprehend and shoves another spoon full of mint ice cream into her mouth with frustration and flips to paid programming, sneering at the ‘Snuggy’ that is now abusing her eyes. It’s a fucking robe you wear backwards. Scarlet comments in her mind before flipping back to the previous channel. Scarlet rolls her eyes and turns the TV off, throwing the remote across the room which soon collides with the wall adjacent from where she sits.

“Jesus Scarlet,” She hears Sam say from the other side of the room, she doesn’t even bother herself with a reply.

Scarlet notes when Dean walks into the motel room and stops abruptly, quirking his eyebrows while filing his eyes across the small space –looking between the tv, to herself, back to the television, and then to Sam and sighs.

“Being emo again Scar?”

Scarlet doesn’t reply of course, she never really sees the point.

Scarlet watches as Dean sighs, and makes his way to sit next to her on the couch in which he precedes to prop his feet up onto the empty space in between them. Scarlet’s attention does not waver from the legroom in front of her.

“What’s the madder?” he asks her. “What’s upsetting you now?”

“Are you asking because you want to know our just because you feel obligated?” Sam laughs at Scarlet’s comment.

“…because I want to know.” Scarlet looks over him with skepticism. “Scouts honor.”

Scarlet cracks her knuckles out of habit as she feels the need to go light herself a smoke. “I bored of this stupid ass job!” Scarlet states wildly, shaking her head back and forth quickly, watching faintly as her curls bounce from side to side. Dean’s laugh echoes through her ears swiftly, sending a joint of happiness through her finger tips. Scarlet always loves to hear the boys laugh; it was a break from their lives –a release in sorts.

“Sorry hun but it is what it is. Besides, we have to get going soon anyway.” Dean stands while Scarlet watches.

“Get going? Get going to were?” Scarlet asks.

“Seals of course, did you forget already, Scar?”

Scarlet pouts as she watches the Winchesters pack up the few belongings they had brought with them.

She guessed she really did forget.

_________________________________________________________________

Scarlet mentally prepares herself for the lies she sure to give while riding in the back of the impala, feet kicked up into the seats. She stares out at the passing scenery of hills soon before they are swallowed back into the browns of trees. She sighs and leans up front to turn off the music that had been playing.

“Hey!” Someone yells, though Scarlet had yet to take note whether it had been Sam or Dean, maybe even both.

“Can it.” She commands and leans back from the front of the car. “I don’t see why we had to leave so early.” Scarlet whines childishly.

“Why do you even care?” Sam laughs briefly. “I mean seriously, we always leave everywhere ‘early’, and besides you didn’t even like it there, remember?”

Scarlet rolls her brown eyes rapidly. “Yes, I do know that!” She snaps. “It’s just. I mean-” she stops to search for the correct wording. “How do you know…you know!”

Dean stares at her through the rear view mirror with a look that could only be described as confusion. “No, not really.”

“How do you two keep track of all the seals, and Lilith, and, well, everything!?”

Dean shrugs nonchalantly. “Cas helps us out.”

Scarlet tilts her head. Never in the time she had been traveling with the Winchesters had she hear from, heard about, or seen from anyone with the name of ‘Cas’.

“Cas?” Scarlet can’t help but ask.

“Oh right, you haven’t seen him yet!” he pauses. “He really hasn’t been around lately…” Dean states abstractly.

“You didn’t tell her!?” Sam hisses at Dean. “What the hell dude!”

“Well excuse the hell out of me! What the hell’s the matter with you, you broken or somethin’?”

Scarlet irritation grows as she’s listening to the two squabble in the front, who now go completely deaf to the multiple questions that she is asking.

“Will someone tell me what’s going on?!”

Dean groans and ends his argument with his brother. “His name is Castiel. He helps us with the seals; he’s an angel, seriously.”

Scarlet blinks from sudden shock of the information she had just been fished. Angel, the word really made no sense in her vocabulary. “What?”

“Cas equals angel.”

“No, I-I heard you I just…”

“Way to be gentle about it.” Sam states sarcastically.
Angel; it was enough to make her silent for the rest of the trip.

_________________________________________________________________

Another seal broken.

Scarlet heaves out of frustration as she rips a large section of cloth from the bottom on her shirt to tie up the wound she had received in the process.

So now here they were again, the three of them packing up from another failed attempt to go hunt down a few small fry ghouls a few towns away like the previous time. She feels worn and has yet to say another word when they near the next town.

It’s quite other than the sound of distant howls of wolves and the music that plays softly throughout the car. Dean and Sam are upfront talking about something or another as Scarlet begins to drift.

From the other side of the back seat, there’s a gust of air that send her hair flying, tickling her face as it goes. She awakes from her slumber.

Scarlet lets of a scream of surprise and pins herself to the far corner of the car.

“Oh my god, oh my god!”

Dean swerves the car out of shock staring into the mirror to get a good look in the back and laughs along with Sam.

Scarlet looks over at the man at the other end of the car whom looks just –if not more- shocked as she does. “Stop the car, let me out, oh my god!” Scarlet starts to freak, and snatches the knife from her coat pocket.

“Whoa, chill!” Sam bends back to tear the knife from Scarlet’s grip.

“What are you doing?” She yells as she feels the weapon slip from her hands.

Scarlet is annoyed when she hears Dean let out another laugh, stopping the car on the side of the road. “Scarlet meet Cas, Cas, Scarlet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Taking things slow is the best way to wright a story...