A New Brand of Redemption.

Gushing Wounds and Icy Blues.

Brett watched as Megan dropped her phone and then kicked away from the couch. She didn’t pause to look at him or ask why he was there. She just ran. Brett’s eyes darted from her to the exit; judging the distance. Then he went after her.
Brett caught up with Megan in a matter of seconds. Before she reached the door, he grabbed onto her and they both fell forward in a tangle of arms and legs. As Brett landed hard on her, Megan let out a shrill cry of pain. It wasn’t until he felt the wet heat of her blood on his hands that Brett realized he’d stabbed her.
I did it, he thought as a sense of triumph flooded his body.
But he’d got her in the hip . And though the wound was gushing , she was still very much alive. So Brett grabbed the knife handle. Then he tugged the blade out and her blood rushed even faster out of the opening. He was preparing to drive it back in when it happened.
The door opened and he thought, It’s not possible.

Pain. White hot, it invaded Megan’s senses until there was nothing, .Nothing ,but the feeling of metal in her flesh and the sickly warm sensation of blood. When she felt it’s thick liquid heat on her skin, Megan realized how much she blood she was actually lousing. Then , when her vision started to go grey around the edges, Megan knew.
She knew, but her mind still cried out angrily, No! Not now. I can’t be dying. I’m to close to having everything that’s ever mattered. I’m to close to having Trevor to lose him like this.
Then Megan felt the knife being pulled out of her and time almost seemed like it slowed down. As the room began to darken, it happened. The front door opened and Megan saw him.
“Trevor ,” she screamed; reaching her hand out towards him. But even as she did, everything went completely black.
It wasn’t like Megan thought it would be. It didn’t feel like she was slipping quietly into a starless night. It felt like someone had grabbed her with cold ruthless fingers and dragged her under icy water. Megan couldn’t breathe. She couldn’t speak. She could only go down gasping for air and thinking, No. I won’t leave him! I won’t…

Not possible.
Brett thought those words again and again. He couldn’t seem to make himself stop. They just kept repeating themselves inside his head. Because, how could it be possible? How could it be true when he had been so sure Trevor was dead?
Then Brett remembered what had made his so sure and he thought, Oh shit.
Had he actually done it? Had he put his entire future at stake over something Marcus Brody told him?
Not possible. Maybe if he thought that enough Trevor would disappear. Not possible. Not possible. Not possible.
No. He was still there. Trevor was so close Brett noticed the way his paper white skin turned ashen where it wasn’t bruised purple-black. He was so close Brett could see the look in his ice blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU so much for commenting =] Hope you like this chapter!