Status: Completed

A Local Love Story

The Local Getaway

Annabelle Chong squinted above the huge mass of bobbing heads. She stood on top of a bench right in the middle of Singapore's modern airport. A few curious glances pointed at her but she did not care as she continued looking around the crowd.
Every five minutes, she would glance at the screen on which they would announce the arrival of each planes. Bile rose in her throat when the screen confirmed her worries.

The man that she so anxiously wanted to meet was nowhere to be seen and she started to get worried over his safety. Annabelle spun around on the seat and her knee-length skirt slapped her calfs gently.

They had planned to meet up at the airport as soon he had landed but, his plane had landed half an hour earlier and he was still not in Annabelle's line of sight.

With a muttered curse, she hoped off the bench and whizzed past the crowd aimlessly.

She had clearly planned to go Chinatown with him as soon as they got out of the airport. After which, they would visit Geylang Serai. And then, perhaps, visit Canberra Secondary School - the place they first met.

"Annabelle!" A familiar, deep voice called out to her.

Her heart skipped a beat and she turned eagerly towards the voice. There, her worries ended and euphoria took over. The man that she so much longed for were standing just a few meters away from her, still looking as good as he had 2 years ago. With an enthusiastic smile, Annabelle ran towards the handsome man and jumped into his outstretched hand.

"Matthew!" She exclaimed excitedly.

The familiar warm embrace - now stronger - warmed her heart. She loved this man; Matthew Ang.

They had been the best of friends during their secondary years. They had gone through thick and thin together. He had even stayed with her even when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily, she went through surgery before it got too serious.
That was when she fell in love with him.
Unfortunately, she knew that this man, Matthews Ang, could never like her the way she does.
He loves girls. Just not her.

"Oh, how have you been? I missed you!" Matthew held her an arm's length away.

Annabelle smiled readily. "I missed you too!"

Then, with a mischievous grin, she took his hand and his trolley bag and led the way out of the buzzing airport.

"Where are we going?" Matthew asked as he dragged his other bags behind him.

"To a few places!" Annabelle exclaimed over her shoulder. "I call it, 'The Local Getaway'."
♠ ♠ ♠
Psh. This story would be a short one. don't worry. Just enjoy reading it.
The next chapter would be about the various places in Singapore. Of which, I hope you guys would enjoy knowing .! =D.
I love Singapore .!! xD