Sequel: Warrior Twilight 2

Warrior Twilight

The Day My Heart Died

I sniffed the air, the fur on my back raising on its end. It smelt like wolf... with a mix of human strangely.
My heart beat faster. There was no escape.

With any luck, at least the kittens could survive. But even that was unlikely.
Wolves where ruthless creatures. They never showed mercy.

Our entire clan was surrounded, the smell of fear in the air. Although there was no hope of defending against them, still, the warriors held the perimeter in a loose circle, the elders and kits huddled together in the small cave in the center.

There was a loud snarl, and one of the wolfs crashed through the foliage, landing between 2 of the warriors. The creature was obviously too large to be just a normal wolf, so it must be a werewolf. I hoped that that wasn't worse.

Both the cats rose their haunches to strike, but just as soon as it was there, it was gone, continuing on back into the forest on the other side, where... I heard a screeching moan come from Leopardshadow. It was painful to hear. I bounded automatically there, signaling to the rest of the clan to stay put, but the scene was gruesome.

Leopardshadow's body was laying limp, and there was a... a thing hunched over her, its mouth at her neck. It was almost like a human, but it smelt too sweet, and its skin was too colorless. Vampire.

Riverwhisker was hardly even recognizable. She had obviously been devoured first. And Sandmask was laying a little farther off, her leg detached from her body, cowering in terror. Behind a tree, i saw Scarpath staring at the horrific scene, eyes wide with fear.

The vampire suddenly stopped moving. And then our eyes where locked, his bright red eyes hypnotically holding mine.

I knew it was all over for me. The thing lunged forward, as I cringed against the pain that was sure to follow, but all of a sudden i heard loud crunch, immediately followed by the smell of werewolf.

I looked back up, and the vampire and the werewolf where both snarling at each other, about 6 meters apart.

Had that werewolf just saved my life? There where more mews and hisses behind me. Obviously there where more vampires than just this one.

I hadn't noticed, but the loud crunch i had heard before was the sound of the vampires arm coming off... which was now laying stiff on the ground... holy crap, did it just move!?!

I was completely frozen with fear. Even when i tried to move, my joints felt like they where stuck, and my muscles seemed to be held in place with some invisible force.

The vampire lunged forward, but the werewolf counter attacked, shifting to the side and raising its massive claws to come down on the vampire as it came past.

And then it ripped it to shreds.

I was still frozen, but Scarpath had the sense to sprint away, back to our clan, which had probably been reduced to nothing by now. The attack had happened so fast, we had hardly had time to realize what was going on.

Once the werewolf had adequately reduced the vampire to a pile of gory remains, it shifted over to its human form, slipping on the shorts that where smartly tied to his ankle.

The person had shining black hair, gorgeous russet skin, huge muscles, and a face that looked satisfied with his work. He grabbed something out of his pocket, scrapped it against something, and then threw it on the pile of what was left of the vampire, which then burst into flames.

Finally, i gained control back of myself, and i let out a mew of relief. The human looked up, startled, but then smiled to find that a cute, adorable kitty-cat was the one who had made the sound.

I willed myself to take on my human form, swiftly throwing on some clothes to cover myself.
This COMPLETELY startled the now-human.

"Well, you didn't think wolves where the only thing people could morph into, did you?" i asked him.
He was at a loss for words, his mouth gaped open.

I looked to my left, and my face filled with sadness at the sight of my lost comrades. I ran to Sandmask's side, trying to see if i could repair her in any way. Her blood supply would shortly run out. I let out a sob, laying my head against her still warm back, burying my face in her fur.

I felt something warm touch my shoulder, and i whirled my head around. He was now right next to me. I sniffed, and wiped my face dry, getting up off my knees and onto my feet.

"Thank you." i said to him sincerely.
There was wailing behind me, and i snapped my eyes in that direction. I sprinted back to our clan.

When i hit the little clearing, almost the only thing i could see was blood. I heard the man walk up behind me, also taking in the scene. I fell to my knees, taking a handful of the ground in each hand.

I squinted my eyes against the tears threatening to spill over, gritting my teeth against the overwhelming grief. And then i lost all control of myself, moaning out a pained sob, wrapping my arms around myself to hold me together.

This had been my family. These had been my friends.

I felt a pair of large arms wrap around me comfortingly. I lied my forehead against his shoulder, weeping even harder.

This was pain. This was loss.

An hour went by timelessly, and eventually i had become too exhausted to continue, slipping into a restless sleep, consumed by nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
well, this one was not very up-key, i know, i know, but the rest is funny and lighthearted, i promise!!!
i simply needed some way for me and Jacob to meet that would capture your attention... i HOPE i captured your attention at least... meh...