Sequel: Warrior Twilight 2

Warrior Twilight

Outside the Window

Thump thump, scratch scratch, rustle rustle. There was something outside the window. I could see its silhouette. Something in its hand was large and pointy. I cringed farther back into the cushions, bringing the blankets all the way up to my face.

Holy crap. My heart beat was racing, perspiration dampening my forehead.

Jacob was snoring softly on the floor next to me. He took up almost the entire mattress. The fact that he was there made me feel a tiny bit safer, but... I tried to push all of the horror movies I had seen out of my head.

And it didn't help that it was storming outside. And pitch black. I should have told Ashley to put out like a nightlight or something. If I where a cat, I wouldn't need one, because I would be able to see everything. Stupid human inconveniences. I could see better than normal humans at least.

Another lighting strike, and I shot straight up by reflex. I hate storms.

Jacob mumbled something in his sleep. I looked over at him. Oh, he wasn't asleep.
He had himself supported up a bit by his arms, eyes squinting from sleep.

"Jacklyn?" he mumbled again.
Whoever was outside made a large 'clang', sending me jumping into Jacob's arms.

He yawned. "Whats wrong Hun?"
Since when did he call me that? Well, he was still half asleep, so... I didn't think too much of it.

"There is somebody outside the window," I whispered, clinging to him.
He pulled his hair from in front of his eyes, and peered outside.

Once he had given up on trying to see, he looked down at me.
I returned his gaze with a pitiful look.

He sighed. "Okay, I'll go check it out."

The only bad part about this, was that I was left all alone... in the dark still... and now it was completely silent, save the battering of the rain against the house.

Thankfully, only about a minute later, Jacob was back, soaking wet.
Before I even got a chance to ask him about anything, he was already on the mattress, whispering in my ear.

"Holy crap, there was actually somebody out there. I don't know what he was doing, but I scared him off at least." I looked out the window again just to make sure he really wasn't there.

By the time I looked back, Jacob was already asleep. Holy crap, what was that, like 15 seconds? I would have to time him some time.

I curled up against his side and went to sleep too. I felt much safer with him next to me now.
Even if he was wet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp!! I wonder who that WAS out there!?!? Well I guess you will have to read the next chapter to find out, mwahahaha!!!! ^___^