‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

10 ; -

The nurses informed that it might have been possible for Gwen going home even that day. The only requirement was that they never would leave her alone. One of the biggest parts of her healing was feeling safe all the time, and neither Betty, Brendon nor Sammy had any problems with that. Well, Sammy had mostly been hugging Gwen, giving her all the sentences there was about how much she loved her, and that she would take care of her children when Gwen died.

"I'm not gonna die for a while."

"I knoooow, but all I'm saying is that when you die, which could be in 70 years, I am going to take care of all of your children, and tell them about how their mother was the best." Gwen was fully aware of why Sam was acting this way, and found it very amusing.

"I love you too."

"Can we go home soon? I think I left something in my bed."

"It's not your place, Sammy, and you left a fucking person in your bed. He's probably emptied the house when we get back there," Betty said.

"Ooooh, right, that guy. He was kind of cute. But I think Brendon is cuter."

"You know what, that lady is getting pretty out of hand, so I'll just go outside and wait for you, before she throws herself over me," Brendon said, and had left the room before anyone had had the chance of answering him.

"How do you feel about going?" Betty asked.

"So far, so good. I'm really just trying not to think about it, and getting home would do some."

"Sweetie, we're going as soon as I've spoken to the nurse. You can put on those clothes she came with."

Gwen did as she was told, feeling every joint in her body being sore as she pulled on the sweatpants and t-shirt she'd gotten. She really was longing to get back home after all. Sammy had already appointed herself to be the new queen on the hospital bed, and Gwen really didn't have anything against that at all. Betty came back to the women.

"Okay, here's the deal. They have to report this to the police, so the chance is pretty big that they'll come over later this day or tomorrow to get a description of the guy, but you will of course give your friends a more detailed one, so it'll be easier for them to catch him before the authorities. You can go otherwise, and here are your painkillers." Gwen nodded. Nothing seemed to be a problem just at that moment. Sammy was out of the room before anyone could react, so Betty grabbed Gwen's hand gently to walk her out of the hospital.

When they got outside, none of them could see the sight of neither Sammy nor Brendon. They'd just started figuring if they should search or not when they reached the corner of the house, and saw Sammy literally pressing Brendon against the wall, showering him with kisses on the neck, mouth, chin, cheek, almost everywhere on his face. He didn't seem to have anything against it just at that moment, but kissed back, both of them closing their eyes tight. Both Gwen and Betty tilted their heads on the side and watched the show. Betty finally had had enough and cleared her throat as Gwen tried to hold back her laughter.

"Forgot to mention something?" Brendon opened his eyes and stared at the two women standing there and watching him. When reacted at Sam kissing his neck again he pushed her away from him.

"I know it sounds cheesy, bit this is definitely not what it looks like."

"Mmm, Brenny-bear. I want more," Sammy said, making another attack toward his neck but he firmly held her back, realizing that this maybe wasn't the most appropriate thing. Gwen tried even harder not to laugh at Sammy calling Brendon Brenny-bear, and managed to show an amused grin.

"Oh, I know what it looks like; she's high on some weird drug the nurses gave her and you're just a horny musician. It looks perfectly normal. Now the only matter is her waking up tomorrow, knowing that she's done something she wouldn't have done normally."

"She really did caught me off guard. I was just standing here outside, smoking, and suddenly she throws herself on me, and starts with that kissing, and-"

"Did you say 'smoking'?"

"... Yeah." He looked kind of ashamed. He'd been trying to quit for a while now, and Gwen had been checking on him about that. She was as anti-smoker as you could get. "But I think I have good reasons to wanna relax just for a second, and yes, it's fucking relaxing to smoke now and then."

Gwen shrugged. She wasn't really interested in anything of that. The only thing she had in interest now was going home, take a shower, and tuck herself into her own bed. Betty grabbed her hand again and walked to the car, while Brendon and Sam came walking after them.

There wasn't much talking in the car during the ride home. There was this episode when Sam started talking about how she could get drugs to everyone, if only they payed her the right amount of money. Brendon, who also was sitting in the back seat, told that no one was in need of pills at that moment, which of course made Sam flip out.

"Are you saying I'm a lousy drug-dealer," she said with whimpering in her voice.

"Cheer up, emo kid, I promise I will buy some painkillers from you when I get a headache next time."

That was enough to set Sam on a good mood until they arrived at the apartment. Betty was surprised that nothing had been stolen (of what she knew of) and was relieved about that. Gwen made her way to the fridge to take something to drink.

"I think I'm taking a shower real quick, and then I'm just gonna go to bed."

"You do that, honey, I've just got one tip for you."

"What's that?"

"Don't look in the mirror."

Gwen actually smiled a little and nodded, leaving the three of them. Betty settled down by the dinner table and started thinking of how they would do. Sammy was looking for something, but no one knew what. It ended up being the drummer she was looking for, but she found a note on the bed with a phone number scribbled down on it. Brendon sat down beside Betty by the table and started looking though a magazine full of pictures with different hairstyles.

"Do you think this haircut would go with my face?"

"If you wanna look even more gay than now, yeah. Do you wanna be with her first?"

"If it's okay with you. Do you need to do something?"

"I'm gonna meet Chris, and we'll probably come by later, but I mean, she'll be in bed the whole evening."

"I'll keep her company tonight. There's really nothing else I wanna do. I think Sammy will black out soon enough."

While Brendon and Betty were talking Gwen sneaked past them and went into her room, her own room. The curtains were pulled to the side so the sun filled the room with its warm light. She didn't want it that way, so she closed them and finally made up her mind of crawling down in her bed, her own bed, and pull the covering over herself. The only problem was closing her eyes. It seemed like everytime she did, his face was glued onto under her eyelids. She heard when the door was opened, and when it was closed. She felt when he crawled under the covering. She felt when he curled up next to her. She felt when he slipped his arm around her waist. She knew he was there to protect her.