‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

12 ; -

“Oh my God, he’ll like be here any fucking minute now. I’ve got to get my hair done, and my lips in case of him kissing me, and what if he looks at my toes? I’ve got to paint them too, etcetera etcetera.” It was absolutely not Sammy who said that. It was really Brendon who was trying to make his best Sam-impression, and exaggerated just slightly. He was literally following her in the apartment and would never give her a break. Sammy didn’t have time to scream or hit him. She was only focused on searching for her socks. Her idea was “look pretty, but not too blown-up, slutty or cheap.”

“Gwen, my little doll. Can I borrow a pair of socks of you?”

“Okay, but I’m not sure I’ve got a pair that matches.”

“That’s no big deal. As long as the colors are bright and happy and symbolize me as a person.”

“My dear God,” Brendon said leaning back on the couch, closing his eyes peacefully, dreaming of somewhere else.

“Are you suggesting I’m overdoing this?”

“I’m just stating a clear fact. You really do look awesome, and Ryro isn’t that shallow, so he probably won’t even go 25% on your appearance. Just fucking be yourself and you’ll be fine.”

“I might forgive you one more day because of that.”

“Awesome.” Brendon closed his eyes again and ignored everything around him. There was a calm quiet moment that filled the air, giving Gwen time to finish reading the newspaper.

“When is he coming?!” Sammy shrieked, close to Brendon’s ear. You can imagine how he reacted to it.

“When he was done, I said!”

“No you didn’t say that. You said it in a way that said that he was really coming any minute now. You know about my patience, right Gwen?” Gwen raised her empty teacup in approval. “Thank you.”

“I’m really not going to care about what you say, but he’s still coming when he’s done with whatever he’s doing, so just shut u-“

He was brutally interrupted by the doorbell, which caused Sammy to shriek again, and hide behind the couch. It did almost look too humorous to be true. Gwen knew how she looked, and she was very aware of how her cheek ached, but she was going to try to keep her mood up. Brendon was already on his way to the door, really taking his time.

“Can you just open the fucking door?”

”Fine, fine. Oh, hi Ryro. What gives us the pleasure?”

“Brendon, you called me and said it was urgent, you dick.”

“It was fucking urgent. I was on my way of getting killed. You just have no idea.”

“Care to share?”

“Just come inside.” Ryan took an insecure step through the door to enter the apartment. Sammy had gathered her just a little but was still shaking. She really wasn’t that obsessed about him. There was just something that made her like everything about him and his beautiful appearance.

“Ryro, the reason why you are here is kind of hiding behind the couch there.” Ryan peaked over Brendon’s shoulder and caught Sam’s eyes. He waved his hand just a little and gave her a smile. She was already on her way of melting.

“Why would you die?” Brendon didn’t answer at first.

“Later.” Gwen wasn’t eager to talk, but not because of it being Ryan. Her mind was just wandering of to its own places. “Just say hi quickly to Gwen, and then I’m gonna lock you and Sammy into a room.”

Ryan winced at the latter sentence but shrugged his shoulders. He took of his jacket and went over to where Gwen sat.

“Hi.” Gwen tried to make it as invisible as possible when she took a deep breath as he spoke to her.

“Hi dear, it’s really weird to meet you first now.”

“I know. Brendon was talking a lot about you all the time, but never seemed eager to bring you with us on tour.”

“Is that so? I knew he sometimes felt embarrassed because of me, but I didn’t know he was so ashamed of me.”

“It’s not like that,” Brendon said quietly. He could see that Gwen did take it a little bit hard. He really never would want to start an argument with her. She had crossed her arm in waiting for an answer. “I guess it was just a way of separating the normal life with the music. I just didn’t want to take you with me and lose my best friend along the way.”

“You really are an idiot. But that’s just something that makes you you.” The tension in Brendon’s face disappeared.

“Anyhow, nice to see how you look in real life.”

“Same about you. It seems like you are a real person, and doesn’t only exist on youtube.”

“Sorry for asking this, but how did you-. “He was cut off by Brendon’s hand on his shoulder, dragging his backwards toward Sammy.

“He’s all yours.” Brendon said and pushed Ryan from him into Sammy’s arms. She was now in total shock.

“H-, h-, hi, I’m Samantha, but you can call me Sam, or Sammy, because everyone else does. I really enjoy singing, and I’ve been trying to teach myself guitar just a bit. And I try to write my own lyrics too, they turn out good sometimes, but I really think that you’re good at what you do, not least making up lyrics. But you could get a little bit better at guitar, but hey, nobody’s perfect. Did I say that I was in a band?”

Ryan turned to Brendon and gave him a glare. There was nothing else Brendon could do.

“Relax; she’s just good at talking crap when she gets shy.” Gwen shot in from across the room.

“Are you calling her shy?” Gwen shrugged and went back to her paper. Sammy was twining her new blue false lock of hair.

“So, what do’ya think?” Brendon asked, tilting his head to Ryan’s.

“Well, she’s really pretty, if that’s what you want to know.” Sam blushed, as expected. Brendon nodded pleasantly and grabbed both Ryan and Sam by the arms.

“Now you see, I am going to put you two in a room, and you two are going to get to know each other, and you can choose either way you want to do it on. I really don’t care.”

Sammy wasn’t complaining, and neither was Ryan actually. Brendon just easily pushed them into Mary’s room and there was no fuss about it. He closed the door, and sat down beside Gwen again with a satisfied grin.

“Did you know that when a girl twins her hair in front of a boy, but not doing it by purpose, she’s sending out signals that she finds him attractive and that she is interested?” Brendon shook his head.

“Anything about what the guys does?”

“They have their legs toward the girl. That’s a clear sign. But I’m no expert. However is my guess that Sammy is going to score today.”