‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

14 ; -

Three weeks had passed since that nightmare weekend, and Gwen was making really good progress in getting her self esteem back. Something that helped was the fact that the police had actually caught the guy, mostly because of her description of him. She knew that neither Brendon nor Betty would get out to search for him, because it wasn't something you would really do, just talk. She couldn't say she wasn't glad about them talking about how they would kill him, because it had been very amusing at times. Brendon had been away most of the time, considering it was time for his band to think about new music.

Sammy had been out in the blue as well. She was busy with Blue Twilight, now that it seemed like their drummer had started to think about other things than his also gay partner, and she had started to focus more and more on the Matthew she met on the bar. She wasn't saying she was in love, but she was talking about him a lot, and things he did. He seemed not to be the cheesy boyfriend that love could turn guys into, but acted natural around her, not saying she was 'the angel that had saved his life'.

Gwen hadn't been out (out as in bars or nightclubs) for three weeks, and she was counting every day she felt scared of going outside the door. She knew she had to work, and she really did her best to be nice to customers, coming to the café for the good conversations the place was known for. Now she was focusing on trying to get contact with Josh again. She knew he didn't like to plan things in advance, but enjoyed the was of doing things by impulse. She was okay with that, she just felt so dumb if she was going to call him every night to see what he was doing. Mary had been trying to help Gwen in a few ways. She had known her for... forever, and offered herself to talk to him. Not necessarily about Gwen, but just figure out what he thought.

Today was Friday, which meant that Gwen could come home to the apartment, just sit down, and relax, not having to think about work for the whole weekend. She knew she would be alone; Mary was working late at her photo studio and Sam, who stopped by whenever she had time, was rehearsing with her band; they were going on tour in a few weeks.

She spent the night watching some boring movie on the television. And when saying boring, it was boring, bu she couldn't complain.

"Why so alone in the dark?"

"Shit! Oh Sam, you scared the living hell out of me. Why do you have a key again and why did you have to sneak up on me?!"

"Because it wouldn't be fun otherwise, and I've got Mary's keys again. She won't be home until later."

"That wasn't fun! Don't you have a home of your own?"

"Yeah, but it isn't fun when it's empty, and Matthew is away for five more days."

"When are you going to admit that there's something love-ish going in between you two."

"When I know he can respect all of my flaws as a person, and that I wanna continue being fuck buddy with Ryro."

"I love it when you get deep, but the latter thing I can not understand. But whatever, you're a grown woman. You can do whatever you want and I won't behave like your mother."

"Behave like it if you want. Anyway, George said he would call tonight, like late, and said it would be important news, but I really don't get it."

"Maybe he'll say that he manage to slip his wife some sleeping pills and he wants you to come over and fuck him."

"That's so not funny."

"Neither was scaring me."

"Well, now we're even. What are you watching?"

"I lost the story halfway through, but I guess someone's in love, and someone gets killed, and in the end everyone's happy. The same old story."

"That's so you and me, Gwenny-girl."

"I know."

There was a pause in the conversation for trying to take in what the movie was about. Sam didn't have less problems than Gwen when it came to that. After a few minutes they decided that it wasn't worth it. Gwen changed the channel with a swift movement and found, to the joy of them both, an old episode of CSI. They hadn't even watched five minutes of the show when Sammy's cellphone started vibrating.

"It's George." Gwen turned the television to mute. "What's up, dude?"

Gwen watched Sammy while she was talking to her manager. Her face expression changed each and every second.

"Is it for real? Are you sure? They aren't fooling you, right? They wouldn't lie? I'm gonna kill you if this doesn't happen. I'm sorry, I won't threaten you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, etcetera, etcetera. I love you for this. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night."

She threw her phone to the side and turned to Gwen with the most happy face she had ever had. Her eyes was literally glowing with joy.

"What did he say?"

"You'll never believe me. He had spent the whole day with talking to dudes, and he finally managed to get our name up on the warped tour. Are you getting this?"

"Yes, I'm following."

"And guess which the biggest band on the bill is."

"I really have no idea."

"GOOD FUCKING CHARLOTTE. Do you hear me? I'm going to meet the band I've loved since I was a little kid, and I'm gonna talk to them, about our music, MY music, and they're going to listen to what I'm saying. I'm almost dreaming. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

"That great, sweetie! I feel so good for you. It's almost like if I was going to meet Green Day, so I can imagine what you're feeling. When does the tour start?"

"In two weeks or so, just after our tour starts, so we're going through the country with them. It's gonna work out so well, but everything will screw up. I can just feel it. But still; Good Charlotte!"

Gwen smiled. She loved seeing Sammy so happy.