‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

17 ; -

“How much is it left?”

“Wait, hum, something like… 40 minutes? I really thought this movie was near an end.”

“So did I, and I’m not sure if it’s worth watching everything. Are we gonna call it finite?”

“Hellyeah.” Josh reached for the remote lying on the table and quickly pressed the stop-button, and lowered his head down onto Gwen’s lap again. For a minute she was just playing with his hair as he relaxed and had his eyes closed. No demands whatsoever, no pressure.

“How are you feeling?” she asked curiously.

“Well, can’t say anything else but extremely good.” She smiled; there was no need to talk really. “What’s Mary up to tonight then?”

“At Dave’s house. Have you met him yet?”

“Nah, I haven’t. And I don’t know when I will either. She’s always to busy for me and I’m always to busy for her. Maybe someday.”

“And you’re not to busy for me?”

“You were lucky tonight.”

“I’m so not complaining.”

“Who’s your friend coming home?”

“It’s just Brendon.”

“You mean that singer-dude which you know?”

“Yes, my famous, hot best friend. Like oh my God.” A grin was shown on his face when she did the expression of a fourteen-year-old fan girl, waving her hands in the air slightly. “Sorry.”

“Yeah, it must be so easy, I can imagine.”

“He’s good with handling it, so it doesn’t bother me that much any more. What are you doing nowadays that keeps you so busy?”

“Studying most of the time.”

“So, what do you want to be when you grow up then?”

“Surgeon would be cool, like my dad is, but I’m not sure if I’ve got the grades for it.”

“You’ll just have to work harder.”

“So you see why I don’t have time for Mary.”

“Yeah, because she really needs you to spend all of your time on her when you’re with her, right?”

“She’s like clinging onto me all the time. Never gives me the chance to breathe.”

They both new they were talking a lot of crap. Mary was the sweetest girl they both knew. If it wasn’t for her, Gwen would never have met Josh in the first place, so she owed her friend a lot.
“So what’s the plan for the rest of the night?”

“It’s not like you’re staying here the whole night, y’know.”

“Would you have a problem with that? You don’t want me to stay?”

”Of course I want you to stay, it’s not like that. I just thought you didn’t want to be here longer than necessary, because this is just like a plan B for you.”

“Don’t get me wrong, if I wouldn’t want to be here I wouldn’t have come in the first place.”

“I want you to stay.”

“Then I won’t leave.”

“Awesome.”

They spent some time just talking about general matters. Josh was feeling uncomfortable around some people he studied with, because of the fact he disliked the whole idea of a lot of alcohol, drugs, smoking and other things that could damage your health in any way. They seemed to be spending a lot of interest in all of those three things.

“Well, it’s just for another year or so. I’ll manage that time.”

“I hope you do. No fucker should ruin your will to do some good stuff in life.” He simply nodded his head and looked like his eyes were stuck on something. He wouldn’t react when the doorbell rang. When Gwen opened the door she found, not who she expected, but Sammy, standing there, looking pretty messed up, but not really sad.

“Is this a bad time? Who’s here?”

“Eh, Josh is here. But what’s up? Why do look like that? Is it Matthew?”

“Whatever, we’ll talk later. Bye.”

And she was gone after saying that, leaving a mysterious shadow behind her where she had stood. Gwen could only frown at her weird visit and what she’d said.

“What’s up?” Josh asked when she sat back down beside him.

“I’m really not sure. But it was Sammy at the door.”

“Sammy?”

“Sorry, I don’t know if you have met her. You know that dude with the weird humor about ninjas?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, she’s the girl that makes his hair look so emo.”

“Oh, I’m gonna keep that in mind for later.”

“Okay, maybe it wasn’t the best description.”

“You know what, I’m don’t want to be rude, but I actually have to get up sometime tomorrow, and it’s starting to get kind of late. I’m thinking of going home and go to bed.”

”Oh, okay, I’m not gonna force you to stick around.”

“Relax; I just have to get some sleep. But I’ll see you someday soon I hope. Alright?”

“Awesome.”

“So, should we call it a night?”

“I guess so. Well, goodnight.”

They were both standing in the doorway, Gwen on the inside and Josh outside. She knew it would feel so good just hugging him, so she took the first step, slowly crawling her arms around his neck. He was just the perfect height for her. When he held her body against his she felt like she was dreaming. She couldn’t hold herself when he let go, but gently kissed him on the cheek, watching his face turn slightly surprised afterwards.

“Oh,” he said. She just smiled and pulled him into another hug before he realized he had to leave her. She was alone with her thoughts for another ten minutes before the doorbell rang again. She found Brendon outside with his baggage beside him.

“Your timing is pretty darn perfect.”

“What did I miss?”