‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

18 ; -

"Are you saying he was in this apartment, like, twenty minutes ago, and you just let him go?"

"Basically."

"I knew about your problem with taking action in these situations, but for fucks sake, Gwen, he was right there!"

"I know..." Gwen pulled her knees to her chest, as she would do anytime she had something to regret and felt bad about it. She did it an awful lot. Brendon sighed heavily and moved closer to her side.

"But maybe it was alright. Maybe he's a guy who doesn't want it to so quickly in a relationship, unlike myself."

"I don't want to force him into something with me. I hate playing games."

"It sucks doesn't it? I really don't know how you think, because boys doesn't exaggerate things like girls do, and-"

"We've got a major problem."

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking serious matters with you, girlie, I'm just saying that if you want him, you should really just tell him, otherwise he will never, ever, ever get the message, but that's just from my point of view."

"You're so fucking right."

"I know."

"Now is just the question when I'll get the opportunity to be with him again. He seems to have really much stuff to handle."

"Did he have a good time tonight?"

"I think so..."

"Then I think he'll take time for you sometime in the future."

"Can we please stop talking about my problems right now and focus on something else."

"But it's fun getting involved!"

"Like Sammy for example, she came by for just a few seconds literally, and asked if it was a bad time, and then just left when I said that I was with Josh."

"Why would she leave just because of that?"

"Because that's just like Sammy works. She hates to disturb people, especially when they're with somebody."

"That just doesn't seem like her."

"Believe me, you just don't know the girl like I do."

"I so believe you, but what are we suppose to do about that?"

"We're gonna call her, make her come over, and then figure out why she's acting like that. Do you have a problem with it?"

"It will never be a problem. Bring emo over."

Ten minutes later Gwen had convinced Sam that there was no problem with her coming over, because Josh was gone and now there was only Brendon to worry about. She was sounding really on guard, as if she really didn't know what could happen the next minute. While waiting for the knocks on the door, Gwen and Brendon made sure to make Sammy's visit comfortable. Gwen knew she had a bottle of wine in some of the cupboards, which she'd gotten from her father on her birthday for some weird reason. Brendon had been creative enough to search through the whole apartment for every thinkable candle to light, for the cosy environment.

"She'll be here any minute now," Gwen said after throwing a glance at the watch.

"Was it like this when you were waiting for Josh?"

"For your information it was almost like this, but didn't have the idea of making every breath of this room taste like a hot night together."

"I've done it to many times."

"Thanks for making me imagine that." Just as Gwen put down the bottle of wine on the table after pouring some into three glasses the doorbell went of for the fourth time this night. She grabbed two of the glasses and hurried to open the door with only her elbow. She found Sammy standing outside, looking like she had done before; messed up, but not really sad.

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"Get a grip of yourself, sweetheart, it's just you, me and some random guy named Brendon in here. Come inside and tell me why you are this way today."

"Reall-"

"Come in! Now, take this glass of wine, and sit down on the couch opposite Brendon on the floor, and explain."

"Well, I-, I just-, don't know what's happening. We're going on tour in about a week, and I'm busting my ass off. And at the same time, I have no clue where I stand with Matthew, and he's been acting so weird lately, and I've been acting so weird lately, but I'm just saying it's because of the stress but maybe there's something else. And we've just been arguing an awful lot, and I don't want it to be that way. He's like everything I've ever wanted, and now I'm supposed to fuck that up. I tried to write a song to him, but it didn't turn out half as good as he is so I threw it away. And-." Sammy wasn't the girl to cry her eyes out, she usually had good reasons, and even when she had good reasons, it would be weird if she cried. But as she spoke her eyes had turned even more red at the second, and finally she couldn't hold everything in. Out of shame she covered her face with her palm. Gwen calmly took the glass out of Sam's other hand and put it on the table beside them.

"Come here," she whispered and pulled Sammy to her own body, holding her arms protectively around the younger woman. Brendon had put down his glass as well and moved from his spot on the floor to beside Sammy, putting a comforting hand on her shoulder. There was little he could do about the situation.

"Do you know why he's been acting strange lately?"

"Nu-uh, I have no clue. It's like I can't get through to him, and he can't get through to me."

"Why don't you let him get through then?"

"I'm trying so hard, Gwen, but it takes too much."

"If you really think he's the one for you, then you have to try even harder if it's gonna be worth it. And maybe he surprises you, and you'll sort everything out."

"You think so?"

"I'm not number one giving-the-best-tips but I know one or two things about common sense."

"Thanks. I think I'm gonna try a little bit more. Maybe miracles happens against all odds."

"And if the miracle happens, you can write a song about it," Brendon said.

"Yes, because a cheesy love-song would be so fucking me."

"I just wanted to say something. Are you feeling better now?"

"I never thought I would go so emo in front of both of you. I didn't know anywhere else to go to."

"Relax, it's 'come to Gwen's apartment if you've got troubles'-month. I'll guarantee you that it comes with one hundred percent comfort."

"By the way, I've got a friend who said that you were on TRL talking about your sexual life, it that true? What did I miss while I was rehearsing?"

"The old bitch kept asking me about nasty stuff! I don't even know why they let her in in the first place."

"Whatever. Gwen, how were things with Josh?"

"Yes, tell her, Gwen, tell her what you DIDN'T do."

"Well, I-," Gwen began but was interrupted immediately by Sammy.

"You didn't kiss him?"

"No..."

"What? Why not?"

"On the cheek?"

"That's for pussies only, bitch, you have to go the whole way if you wanna sc-." Sammy was cut off to, but by her cell phone. She looked at the display quickly and then back to Gwen. "It's Matthew."

"What are you waiting for, pick it up!"