‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

2 ; -

"I'm sorry, but there's something really odd about you today, my little cupcake. Did you take your pills?"

"What's up with you and Brendon calling me silly names today? And if there's someone who should take their pills, then it's you. When did you do that to yourself?"

Gwen was pointing out Sammy's last visit to the hairdresser, which had accrued this morning. Sammy always had new ideas of haircuts and colors. This time she was mixing dark with light, and it was extremely shorter than it had been the day before.

"Are you saying you're not loving it?" The look upon her face was the one of a lost puppet.

"I would marry it if I was attracted to your hairdo instead of the opposite gender, my dear." Her mind was focused on her cup of tea and the paper in front of her in place of her one year younger friend. She was in great need of doing something this hot day/evening but figured she would probably get dragged out by someone during the nearest hour. "Remind me why you have the key to the apartment, Sam."

"Because I stole yours and made a copy of it of course. Not really. I've got Marys key at the moment. Your room-mate, remember? She's staying at her parents for the weekend?"

"Oh yeah, that chick. Totally forgot about her." Nothing was really important to know while she was reading the advertisements for the galleries tonight.

"And I think I should do a copy of this key, so I can sneak in every night, and disturb you in your sleep."

"Hey, I heard that, and you're not doing it. I'm not keen of finding you lying on top of me at 3 AM in the morning when I have to go to work."

"It's a plan." Gwen didn't hear that last comment. Instead she drew a circle around some events that seemed interesting for her. Sammy peaked over her shoulder and snatched the paper from Gwen's hands.

"Forget it, you're going out with me tonight!"

"I'm not in the mood of partying, Sammy." Gwen didn't like whining, but she had no need of people seeing her when she was in the worst state of her appearance. She really didn't feel pretty.

"Who said something about a party?" The two young women turned their heads toward the doorway and saw Brendon, all wet, with a towel around his waist, with an excited look upon his face.

"Right now, you should be so happy I think you're gay, otherwise I would so not know what I would do to you." Both Gwen and Sammy watched his torso as he walked over to the table and sat down opposite them. He snatched the newspaper from Sammy's hands and studied the circles.

"Don't say you were planning to go to one of these things? Who knows how long I'll be around, and you'd rather go to the galleries? That's a little too fucked up."

"Shut up. I was just thinking."

"Which you need to stop doing. God, be fun tonight and go with me to Benny's. I heard they've got battle of the bands tonight. I'm so pepped up for screaming that they suck or adore the ground they walk on if they're extremely good." Sammy grabbed Gwen's cheeks and forced her to look her in the eyes. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Fine, I won't go to those stupid galleries tonight. I'll watch when you two get drunk, and hook up with someone hot and leave me alone for the rest of the night."

"Don't be like that, Gwenny, my little teetotaler. Because of the fact that you think I'm gay, I'll be honored to find an extrema hot guy for you to fool around with this night, okay baby?" Brendon's expression couldn't look sillier. Gwen ignored his comment.

"You better make sure I'm in the mood for it until tonight," Gwen said with a gloomy look.

"I'm on it. Give me just a little while and I'll fix everything. Trust me." Sammy grabbed her bag and was out of the apartment before you knew it.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Bren."

"I really don't know her that well, but I bet she's got some sort of good plan for you." Brendon had transported himself from his seat to the fridge where he stood, analyzing if the milk had expired or not.

"Five bucks that you two will hook up tonight."

"I beg to differ. Five bucks she's more into Ryan than me."

"Your band-mate?"

"Right-o. Why isn't there any food in this house? Didn't your parents teach you anything of living for yourself?"

"You ate it all yesterday, fucking idiot, so you'll do the shopping today. And there's tea, so I'll manage for a few hours."

"So, what do ya' say, I'll get dressed, so you can stop drooling at my extremely hot torso, and then we'll hit the street with out ghetto-moves?" Gwen couldn't help but laugh at his nerdy movements to that sentence.

"Whatever you say, Vanilla Ice. I'm all yours for the next hour, or until Sam calls."

"Does that mean that you will come with me to the guestroom?"

Once again she ignored what he'd said and threw the paper he'd left behind on him to make haste.

"This is an offer of a lifetime. Don't blow it."

"I'm alright, you fucker! She'll be back soon enough."

He'd left the room at that moment, and she was alone with her still half-filled cup of tea. It started to get cold. On a day like this, when most of things felt bad , she would most likely just sit back on the couch and listen to Pixies or something. In a way, she was relieved that she had visitors, because it made her feel less lonely. She liked being by herself at times, but not the thought of being alone. Mary was a good person to live with. She seemed to have the extraordinary quality of being able to read Gwen's mind. It was kind of scary at times.

"The God is done. Is the Goddess ready to go?" Brendon stood leaning toward the door frame with his arms crossed looking as handsome as only he could. Gwen, on the other hand, didn't feel attractive at all.

"Sure, I can look like shit today. Just let me get my sandals ands keys." Brendon stopped her when she got to the door.

"Look at me, babe, and repeat; I am beautiful today."

"I am really really really ugly today, and that's okay. Give me a break."

"I realized long ago that's it's no use trying to persuade you, so I'll just help you; You are beautiful today."

"Are you ready?" She offered her arm for him to clutch onto. He did so, and they walked out the door together.