‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

20 ; -

"Peanut?"

Gwen snatched her entire body in her sleep when she heard a voice talk out lout only inches from her ear. When she opened her eyes she met a pair of lively, wide, blue eyes who existed because of way to much coffee. It was an stewardess who had persisted on offer her nuts of all things.

“What? Oh, no, no,” Gwen answered as she rubber her eyes tiredly. The stewardess smiled as cheesy as only a stewardess could and then continued on with waking up the person behind Gwen’s seat.

Gwen cursed to herself, for once she had managed to doze a little bit, and then someone had had the guts to disturb her. When looking at her iPod she realized that they were only minutes from landing really, and was assured that that was the case when they called out that is was time to fasten the seat belts.

Twenty minutes later she waiting for her luggage to appear, as well as her younger, but much more successful friend. She turned a little bit annoyed when neither of the two items would show up during the next ten minutes.

"IHKK!" someone shrieked behind her, and she instantly knew it was for her. When she turned around she immediately found herself on the floor with a small girl sitting astride on top of her. Something was different though.

"What the fuck have you done to your hair?!"

"Don't you like it?" Sammy asked, twirling her blond dreads around her fingers, looking pretty over-excited.

"Are you kidding me? I love them, When did you do it? And you've done more piercings?" Other from the two piercings she had just under her bottom-lip, looking like snakebites, she had two more in one eyebrow and in the nose, and that was what Gwen saw. It made her look even more like a rock star than she had been looking before.

"And you haven't even seen them all." She stuck out her tongue, showing off two more, and then pulled up her sweater a bit to reveal one in the belly button. "You can do a fucking lot when you're on tour, even after a week I tell ya. I did these like yesterday."

"So your roots must be pretty sore right now?"

"Pretty much, but I can manage it."

"Yeah, I dealt with it when I had mines too."

"What are you waiting for lying here on the ground. Come on, we've got lots of things to do."

"First of all, it's your fault I'm lying here, and what are we going to do?"

"Y'know, pretty normal stuff, go back to the buses, meet some people, maybe go to a concert-"

"I'm not supposed to see your band play?"

"We've actually got a show tomorrow, and I'll get you in no matter what."

"I know that, just tell me if I have to flash my boobs-"

"You really don't have to, it was just a joke. I know it's nothing you would do."

"I know so too. So, where's your car?"

"It's right over there. Have you got your luggage?"

"Yeah, it came out just a few minutes ago, and I had time to grab it before you dragged me away."

"Great. Anyhow, welcome to Wichita Falls, Texas, mate."

"Thank you, it feels great. Bu you haven't had time to get to know it ye, have you? I mean, you're going around an awful lot."

"I've seen a few parts of it, but you're right, it's not much. I know I love it though."

"Which concert are we going to?"

"I know you don't listen to them as much as I do, but I though that we could go and see Bowling for Soup, because they're in town for the night."

"Uh, sure, I'm really not up for anything else, and I rely on you taking care of me, so bring it, bitch."

"It's on."

Through the car window Gwen could see the environment, children playing this early Saturday morning, and teenagers standing around corners, trying desperately to cover the fact that they smoked for their parents. It seemed to be a pretty normal day for a pretty normal town. Other than the huge stage set up in the northern part of the town, everything seemed fine. Gwen had never been backstage in any form before, so she was pretty excited about this time. When they stepped out of the vehicle nothing was really moving. People were just sitting around, those who were up of course at this time, and doing nothing basically.

"Come, I wanna show you our buss." She was dragged along by Sammy, leading her between different types of buses. "There's the beauty."

"She's not that beautiful."

"Shut up. Her name is Fiona, and she's my baby."

"Do you even like the name Fiona?"

"She's just a Fiona, end of story."

"Fine. Are your band-mates up yet?"

"Probably not. I was the only one keeping sober yesterday because I was going to pick you up. Give them a few hours."

They actually spent the next few hours chatting about what they'd missed for a week in each others lives. Sammy was going on and on about Matthew. He wasn't on the tour with her, but they talked very much on the phone however. Gwen was telling Sammy about how she hadn't talked to Josh since they had been with each other. She assumed he was just busy with his studies. Otherwise they kept on talking, like they had always done.

At least the sun was shining.

"You know what, I'm gonna go jump on them, and then I'm gonna introduce you to the fucking greatest band ever."

"Oh my God, I can't wait."

"Don't go all sarcastic on me."