‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

23 ; -

People were closing in on Gwen’s back and she felt a light pressure against the fence she stood at. Blue Twilight would start to play any minute now, in case they decided NOT to act like rock stars and come out fifteen minutes later, just because it was a cool thing to do. No, Sammy would be on time. A security guard asked if Gwen would be okay, because the crowd started to get bigger and bigger, and slowly turning into a mosh pit. Luckily, Gwen was used to this kind of crowd when she’d been to several festivals before so she just nodded her head and held onto the fence firmly. A drum started to beat somewhere from the back of the stage and blue spotlights pointed toward the middle of the stage. They were preparing to enter the stage now. Gwen looked to the left, and saw Sammy stand there with a tambourine in her hand, looking extremely fierce and awesome with the dreads lying on her shoulders. She looked like she was supposed to be here and no where else. With a sudden move, Nic, the lead-guitarist struck the first chord over his guitar and went into a riff thereafter. The pulse of the place dramatically increased and everyone was moving. Gwen felt the iron bars hit against her hip but this was something she could handle. She just tried to embrace the love Sammy was throwing at her. At times she felt like it was only her and her best friend in the area. When Sammy had shouted out the first song and nodded her head toward the security guard who stood right beside Gwen. He nodded in reply and turned to Gwen to grip both her wrists and drag her over the fence.

“What are you doing?” she asked in a petrified tone.

“Your gal wanted you up with her, so up you go,” he answered her and literally threw her up on the stage.

“It was always supposed to be like this, y’know, so just sing with me now,” Sammy said as Evan this time struck the first note on his bass before blur was the only thing Gwen could see.

She woke up merely seconds later, not feeling ill, but definitely odd. She quickly discovered she was in her own bed back in Vegas, and Sammy was peacefully resting beside her. After looking at the clock beside the bed, which showed around 9 in the morning, she decided that it wasn’t too early to wake her friend up.

“Oh, Sammy, Sam, mini, wake up, I’ve got to tell you something.”

“Mmm’whaaat? I was shweeping, can’t you shwee?” Sammy mumbled under the covers.

“Don’t go there, I’m the role model, and I say we set the time back, and not turn the hours around even more. Just listen to me, I had a dream.”

“About what?”

“About when I saw you first live on the warped tour.”

Sammy suddenly looked alert when she sat up fully and looked at Gwen. “What was your dream?”

“Well, it basically was exactly what happened that day. I was in the crowd, you sang your first song, and you decided to drag me up on the stage too-,”

“That was the only thing I could do.”

“Let me finish, anyway, and you asked me to sing along, and then your bassist started playing ‘She’, and I went overexcited.”

“And I sang the first verse; you danced around, and were really into it, and after the chorus I let you sing the second verse. You really did a professional job for just being dragged out of the crowd.”

“And then the different parts, like, I sang Mike’s part and you continued on Billie’s. We were a fucking success. Thanks for doing that.”

“Come on, it was nothing. The moment just begged for that, so I gave it to it.”

“I’ve never felt so alive in my entire life.”

“Billie Joe would be proud of you.”

“You think so?”

“Fuck yeah, and I liked how you got down in the crowd again directly after and not stood beside the stage like a pussy.”

“Yeah, they really cheered me on down there.”

“I can imagine that. Didn’t Betty say that she was coming over today to tell something?”

“She sure did, so I suggest we make ourselves breakfast and settle down on the couch in front of the television. I think we can find something interesting to watch.”

The women did so, and after magically producing something to eat they turned on the television to find old episodes of ‘teletubbies’ on the children’s channel. The moment was too easily to make fun off.

“Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, Po!” Sammy sang out loud, not caring about the neighbours below, who were probably still sleeping. Gwen and Mary had had troubles enough with the couple as it were, so with a nudge in the head, Gwen gave Sammy a warning, “fucking way of ruin the mood.”

Around two hours later, when Gwen and Sammy had been fed up with stories about dragons, robots and small boats, the familiar sound of the doorbell went through the air.

“I’ll get it,” Gwen said with a sigh, watching as Sammy turned the channel to a soap opera which seemed to just have started. Gwen shuffled herself of the sofa and rubbed her head as she went through the small hall and opened the door roughly.

“Woah, nice way of greeting me,” Betty said with a grin. She looked almost too satisfied it was going to make Gwen feel sick.

“Feel the warmth. Be happy we’ve been up for one hour or two already.”

“Why?”

“I had a dream about the trip to the warped tour.”

“The concert when you got dragged up on the stage to sing with Sam’s band?”

“That’s it. It was kind of cool. Why are you here so early in the morning?”

“Wait,” she said and grabbed Gwen’s wrist and led her into the living room, where Sam had turned her body around and was now watching television upside down, “what I’m going to tell you now is probably going to shock you.”

“Nothing shocks me anymore,” Sam said.

“Oh, but this will, because you were never expecting this in a million years--,”

“You’ve killed somebody!” Gwen shrieked. “Oh, wait, that could actually happen. No, I can’t think of anything.”

“I’m pregnant.”

“YOU’RE WHAT?!” Sammy shrieked this time, and rushed up from her place on the couch. “You can’t be fucking pregnant! Christian is a fucking monk!”

“He’s not a monk for real, stupid ass! And just because he acts the way he acts doesn’t mean that we haven’t done it.”

“But--, but--,” Sammy stuttered.

“What Sam’s trying to say is that you have never placed your words in such a way that could tell us that you actually had had a night of hot passion.”

“I just didn’t think it was that important for you to know about.”

“Of course it isn--,”

“IT’S FUCKING IMPORTANT! How many times haven’t you laughed at my stories when I’ve told them? It’s a question of trust, and this shows clearly that you won’t trust us. So fuck you, we deserve better. Come on Gwen, we’re leaving her.”

“Don’t be such a baby,” Gwen said, “you’re exaggerating. I woke Sam up a little bit too early I think. But I really thought Chris was a monk. Are you sure you’re pregnant?”

“One hundred percent positive.”

“I wanna see some proof. Otherwise there must be some sort of mistake. Betty, you’re not pregnant,” Sammy tried to establish.

“I know I am.”

“I’m not sure if I think you are…” Gwen said and rubbed her cheek.

“What’s the problem with you, guys? There’s another fucking person in my stomach.”

“But have you actually heard a kick or something?” Sammy said.

“Well, n--,”

“See, you’re not pregnant!”

“You can’t hear kicks when you’re like a few weeks pregnant. It’s just not normal.”

“Wait, I’m gonna find out if it’s true,” Sammy said and paced her hands above Betty’s stomach, closed her eyes and wrinkled her forehead slightly, giving the impression of a fortune-teller,”oh fuck!”

“What? What did you see?” Gwen asked.

“I--, I saw a house, with a car outside and then baby blue clothes. Bets, you’re having a boy!”

“Now you believe me? Don’t come with the lame excuse that you can actually see into the future.”

“There’s a fucking load of shit that you don’t know about me, missy.”

“Whatever, just because you say it’s a boy, I’m betting my money on a girl.”