‹ Prequel: My Little Cheesecake
Sequel: My Little Xmas

My Little Raspberry

6 ; -

“You guys suck!” was the only thing that was heard after the second band had played, and of course it was coming from Sammy. The band really had sucked, and it was clear that she was stating what everybody was feeling. During the performance Brendon had joined them along with his friend Jonathan.

“I think I’m in need of another drink,” Gwen said, after shooting Sam a glare which said ‘you just ruined their night’ but she couldn’t care less.

“I’m coming with you,” Betty yelled and came tottering after her; there had been a lot of feet in the way.

“So, how are things going with you and my little man Chris?”

“We’ve been together for seven months now. You can stop asking me, because obviously things are going great. How are things with you and that dude you’re so obsessed with?”

“Oh lord, I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up tonight with his incredible ability to show up at every place I’m at. But I still want him, and his babies.”

“Bless the day you were born. How’s that drink coming?”

“The same one?” Fred asked.

“You’ve got me stuck on it for the night, dear.” Gwen answered.

“What if he doesn’t show up tonight?”

“Then I’ll find another way of getting some love. Do you think I can ask Chris if I can borrow you?”

“If you want to. I don’t think he would be into a threesome anyway, as the monk that he is.”

“I’ll leave you guys alone for the night. The singer of the first band was pretty interesting, and I can’t see any girls drooling over him right now. Maybe that’s my part.”

“If so, make me proud.”

Gwen raised her eyebrow a bit, took a drink and focused on the spot where the guy sat. She normally wouldn’t do anything like this, but she was slightly drunk, and thought that anything was possible. He was sitting with his friends, but there still was a chair beside him that was free. He didn’t seem to be so involved in the conversations.

“You were pretty good.”

“Huh?”

“I said; you guys were pretty good, when you played.”

“Oh, thanks, I saw you and your friend cheering on us at the end. And I saw that Matt was talking to her.”

“I’m Gwen, by the way.” She offered him her hand, and he didn’t hesitate to do the same.

“Simon. Are you into music, or is it just a hobby?”

“It’s kind of both. I’m not making a living of it, but I like to create. My friends are always nagging about how I should do something for real instead of having it in progress for so long, if you know what I mean.”

“I sort of do, but I like to get things done.”

“Is it paying the bills?”

“Hell no, I wish it would. But as it is for now we can only get some gigs now and then. But if we win tonight, we definitely have something to keep us going.”

“Oh man, if the next band is as bad as the last one, you’re so going to win this shit.”

“Hey.” He leaned closer to her, which made her feel a little tingle in her stomach. “Did you see that Brendon Urie is here?”

She was about to tell him all about Brendon being her friend, but she decided to wait with that a while, just to see where it got her.

“That Panic! At the disco-dude? No way, where?”

“Yes way, right there, oh, he’s sitting at the same table as Matt. Fucking bastard.”

“Brendon or Matt?”

“Who do you think? Matt of course.”

“Do you like Panic?”

“Sort of, but Brendon is fucking hot, man.” Gwen stared at him after that last sentence. Great, the dude was gay, and was turned on by her best friend. Simon was literally drooling over him. It was time for her to blow her cover.

“Excuse me, just for one tiny second.” She stood up from her place and walked over to Brendon, knowing that Simon was staring at her in shock.

“You see that dude who looks like he’s checking out my but?” she whispered in his ear. Brendon peaked over her shoulder.

“Uh-huh.”

“He’s got the hots for you.” Brendon opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again. “You want me to introduce you?”

“Why not, I’m pretty bored at the moment. Lead the way, missy.” He grabbed her hand and followed her back to the table where Simon was sitting and feeling pretty tense.

“Simon, this is the incredibly hot Brendon, and Brendon, this is the very, at the moment, awkward Simon.” She was so pleased with herself. Brendon sat himself down beside Simon, putting his arm around Simon’s chair back.

“Hi, I heard you were into Panic’s music.”

“Um, well, I really…, y’know…, I sort of…” Simon was sweating like a pig at that moment. Brendon was so in the moment he forgot about everything else. He was really focused on acting extremely gay. He put his finger on Simon’s lips to stop him from rambling, and leaned closer to his face.

“I’ll just leave you two alone,” Gwen said, receiving a nod from Brendon. She went back to the tables where Sammy, Matt, Betty, Christian and Jonathan still sat. She took Brendon’s empty chair, and looked at Jonathan. “You wanna be my date? Brendon stole mine, and you’re kind of his, so we’ll be even.”

“Sure, but I can’t guarantee I’ll go to bed with you, because I’ve got a pregnant girlfriend waiting for me at home.”

“I never go to bed with someone on the first date.” Jonathan smiled easily. Sammy looked like she never would take her eyes away from Matthew. He was talking, and she was putting in some random “uh-huh” and “yeah” here and there. And she also seemed to be on her third beer as it looked. “Does anyone know when the last band is coming up?”

“Fred said in like five minutes or something,” Betty answered Gwen’s question. “What happened to Brendon?”

“He’s having one of his gay moments.”

“Again? He’s been having an awful lot of those lately.”

“It’s you and me against him, baby.”

Some girls seemed to be plugging in their guitars and bass on stage, so it was probably soon time for the last band to go on. There were few clues that said what to expect from these people, so all they could do was hope for the best. They knew that the first band was going to win anyhow. Brendon suddenly was back from his little adventure, and without succeeding on finding himself a chair, he settled down on Gwen’s lap.

“How was the date?” she asked him.

“It was alright. Nice little conversation, a few kisses, I got his phone number. He came with pretty nasty suggestions, but I clearly stated that there would be no sex on the first date.”

“At least he’s got something to tell his best girlfriend tomorrow.”

“I say, when are these guys, or girls playing?”

“Something like now. Sam, get your eyes off of him and start watching the show.” Sammy snapped and got out of her world where only he existed. She blushed slightly and got back to being her music-loving self again, which meant that she was the one screaming for them to start playing.