Sickly Sophie

Chapter Three - The Beginning Of Anger

Sophie woke to a tapping on her door.
She got up confused, thinking the person on the other side of the door was a nurse.
She opened to find Brodie standing there, freshly bruised.
"Sophie" She whispered.
"I thought about what you said. I want to help you. I want to help you get out of here. Tonight, tonight, tonight we leave here forever" she spoke as if she couldn't breathe.
Sophie was too surprised and tired to say a word, she simply nodded.
"BRODIE! What are you doing out?!" Yells Nurse Murphy.
Sophie quickly closes the door and jumps back into bed.
As Sophie had expected, Nurse Murphy came bursting through the door a few seconds later.
"Up now Sophie! You have a session with Dr Marcus. So get up, get up and hurry, he will not wait forever" she said grabbing the blanket off Sophie.

Sophie liked Dr Marcus.
He reminded her of Trent.
He was nice.
He knew Sophie didn't belong here, but his father owned the institution so he could never change anything.
Sophie sat up, slipped her feet into her slippers and walk towards the door.
"And Sophie......I want you to stay away from Brodie. That girl could have a bad effect on your....umm......condition" the nurse spoke while taking off the bed sheets.
Sophie simply nodded like usual, not really listening to what she had to say.
She slowly made her way to Dr Marcus office down the hall.
When she got there she was surprised to see Dr Marcus sitting on his chair reading a random book.
He looked up as she knocked on his door and smiled.
"Sophie take a seat, lets begin" he smiled motioning her to sit down.
"So Sophie how have you been since we last talked?" he asked closing the book and putting it down on a side table.
She shrugged.
"Good I guess. I'm still having nightmares though...........they won't go away" she spoke honestly.
"Uh huh uh huh and do you still have bad thoughts?" he asks.
Forty minutes go by and Sophie eventually finishes the session and walks to the entertainment room.
She sits next to Brodie, watching some very old cartoon.
"Did you sleep well?" she asks turning to face Sophie.
"Um yes fine......whu....why are you asking?" Sophie says facing Brodie.
"We'll be on the road all night tonight. No time for sleep" she smiles.
Sophie nods.
Sophie thinks deeply again.
While thinking she takes a hard look at Brodie & her scars.

"Brodie how did you.......why did you do all this?" she point to the scars on her face.
"I didn't do...ALL this" she says staring at the TV.
"W...who?"Sophie tries to speak.
"You want to hear my story? Its not all pleasant. I was born into a poor family. I had a mother & father & a little brother. My father was killed in car crash. My mother......she didn't take it so well. When I was 17 she kicked me out of the house so I went to live with this boy I was......friends with. I started doing drugs and drinking like crazy, so did he.......he began beating me one night. He smash beer bottles and cut me with the sharp leftovers. He'd tell me I looked so pretty when I was bleeding...I ran back to my mother but she was still.......mourning.....she put me here" she sighs.
After a long silence.
Sophie manages an "Oh".
"Don't worry, we'll get out of here" Sophie said looking around the room, the walls, the candle sticks that hung from them.
It all seemed so gloomy.
If you weren't already depressed, certainly being here would make you.

"Maybe this seems a little blunt but why do you want to get out of here so bad? I mean....do you know anyone outside this place? Revenge is a big price Sophie, you could get in allot of trouble" she spoke as if she had completely changed her mind.
"Well..I have a boyfriend Trent. I met him when I was 16....before I was sent here"Sophie replied.
"Oh! The boy at the door!" she smiled.
"Yes. He comes every few months" Sophie added.
"Well hes coming allot lately. Nearly everyday...except your usually sleeping or in with a doctor" Brodie informed Sophie.
"Really? What? Brodie! Did he come today!?" Sophie asked excited.
"Not yet but he usually comes around 2pm, when your getting your medication. Why do you ask?" she turns to Sophie.
"Brodie! If you see him. Please! Before the nurses stop him! Please...tell him I love him and to be here at 1am exactly, in a car!" Sophie almost yelled.
"Oh! Sophie! Great idea....I'll tell him....what time is it?" Brodie asked.
"Oh wow! Its five to two....I should go find nurse Murphy. Don't forget what I said Brodie" Sophie spoke getting up.
"I won't. I will see you soon" Brodie replied.

Sophie walked around the hospital.
Searching the corridors for nurse Murphy or at least waiting for nurse Murphy to find her.
"Sophie! There you are girl. Don't you go wandering now. Its time for your medication. Come on" said nurse Murphy pulling Sophie away.
The same as everyday, Sophie was giving pills in a plastic cup & told to swallow.
Sophie nodded & walked cup in hand to her room.
In fear of someone coming in and seeing pills on the floor, she did indeed take the pills.
She didn't feel so good after.
She had an extremely painful stomach pain & felt very tired and weak.
She lay on the bed, not even bother to properly get under the blankets.
In seconds though, Sophie was asleep.

*Flashback*
"Where is my daddy? I want my daddy!!!" cries a small girl.
A thin blond woman kneels down to the child.
"Sophie! Shut up you stupid brat! You do not mention that man!" she speaks aggressively and slaps the child across the face.
"Mommy! I want daddy. Where is my daddy?" the child screams.
The woman moves closer to the child's face.
"Hes dead! Hes not coming back! Now shut up you stupid child" the woman screams harshly.
*End of flashback*

Sophie wakes up, again screaming & crying.
She stops herself screaming, so no one will come into her room.
She still continues crying though, wiping tears & crying more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, rate etc.
I hope you like it.
If you comment I'll know if I should keep going.
Thank you :D.