Oh!Darling

I Should've Known Better

It was around seven-thirty when John decided to leave Paul's to go pick up Mandi.The long walk was less then boring with Paul beside him,humming and keeping to himself.They both picked up random conversations about Aunt Mimi and Paul's Dad or about the Hamburg proposition that they had signed for later during the summer.

But something kept on lingering in and out of both of the young lads minds every so often.Paul would keep stealing little glances towards John when his eyes were down casted towards the ground and John would smirk occasionally at the numbness of his lips when they touched Paul's.How electrifying the kiss was literally blew his mind and intoxicated his thoughts during the walk to Mandi's flat.

"John,Paul!"Her voice yelled from outside her flat window.Paul and John stopped in they're tracks before stepping in the building,"Fancy seeing the two of you here.."

"You asked me to come pick you up,luv.Now get yer pretty arse down here"John yelled up to her.She giggled and disappeared into the flat once again.John rolled his eyes and turned back to Paul who was still staring up at the closed window,"Figures she'd do that.."

"Was she standin' there waiting for us or somethin?"Paul asked.John shrugged and quickly lit up a fag,passing it to Paul.Upon sucking the sweet nicotine,Mandi and George popped out of the building."George,you here too?"

George nodded and slipped his jacket over his shoulders,"Yeah.Mum let me stay the night at Mands tonight,I guess.She's been a really good mood lately"

"Scary"John replied wiggling his brows and wrapping his arm around Mandi's shoulder."So,which pub we hittin' up,darling?"

She tapped her mouth with her index finger then shrugged,"Donno.Lets just go"

The four left the flat and made they're way to the nearest deserted pub.Mandi bit her lip from smiling at both John and Paul walking beside each other.They looked so out of it while her and George talked.Hard to get was the right word for the two of them,even if she was the only one who knew about they're secrets.They both didn't understand the feeling about being with the same sex,well Paul didn't have a clue,but stories John had told her about his feelings towards Stu,seemed like John had more thoughts then what she thought.

"So George,what made you wanna stay at Mands tonight?"John asked.

"He's stayin' with his girl tonight.Ain't that right,George?"Mandi giggled,nudging him in the ribcage.He stumbled towards the curb and glared at her.

"Oh really.Does yer mummy know about this then?"

"Shurrup,John.She doesn't.And besides,I just want to stay at Mands house,whats the big deal?"George argued stuffing his hands into his pockets.Mandi roared with laughter as the others stared at her.

"Whatever George.You want to poke her,we all know that"Mandi confessed before taking a deep breath and smiling,"Besides from what you've told me about her,she seems like a fox.Wouldn't mind me gettin' with her at all,would you?"

George furrowed his brows,"Stay away from her Amanda."

"Oh come off it George.Besides,what you don't know mate,won't kill ya"Mandi added in before they entered the pub.John chuckled and shook his head following after them.

"I like the way she thinks.Let her get with her Georgie,come on"

"Fuck off,John"George mumbled before he spotted the brunette across the room.He smiled widely and left the group to go and greet her.

"Well now.Isn't it dead in here.."Paul said gazing around the empty pub with a couple drunks at the back of the room.He rolled his eyes and noticed that John and Mandi had already left him in the dust to find a table.He groaned and followed after them,sitting down beside Mandi just to ease the tension between John and him.Just the thought of what had happened yesterday,confessing to Mandi about everything then having John kiss him earlier saying it was from her,seemed a bit to fishy for him.Had she told John about him having these feelings for him?

Paul chewed on his bottom lip as a pitcher of ale was delivered to the table.Pitcher after pitcher was drank until Mandi began being obnoxious and loud,giggling and poking him in the side.Besides himself,John seemed pretty amused by her wild antics.She slipped out of the booth and disappeared somewhere while George and his arm candy replaced the spot next to him.

Paul silently sipped on his ale and looked up,catching John's eye quickly.He found it weird how fast John's escaped from his to look across the room.He followed his gaze to where Mandi was slowly swaying back to the table,smiling and a pinch of red staining her cheeks,"So guys.."

"Yeah?"Paul replied.She looked down at him,lifting her hand and pinching his cheek.Paul flinched and pulled away,"Ow.Stop that."

"But yer so cute"She wined.Paul swatted her hand away when she tried to do it again.

"Knock it off,Paulie.She has a point,y'know"John muttered before sucking back his ale.Paul cocked his brow.

"Who's side are you on anyways?"

John shrugged as his smile spread from ear to ear,"I guess I'm on her side,I do like girls y'know.So Mands and I have somethin' in common.Aren't I right Mands?"

"Ugh.Yeah."She muttered blanking out for a moment,"Oh.Yeah,yes you do."She giggled and turned to Paul,sliding on his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck,"So.Paul,do tell.How'd you like my kiss?"

Paul sucked in a breath and turned away from her.He blushed madly and regretted for even coming with the guys to the pub.He chewed on his lip and noticed everyone in the booth looking at him.A pool of sweat pooled down his brow as he forced himself to look up at her,"You asked John to do that?"

"Yeah.You did like it though,did you?"She asked.Paul was about to reply before John did.

"Of course the lad did.But the question is,would he like it better from you or from me?"John said,a wild smirk spiraling across his face.Paul furrowed his brow and gripped Mandi's thigh.

"Fuck off John.I'm not a fuckin' fairy.Of course I didn't like it from you!"Paul spat.John busted out into giggles and just shrugged.Paul rolled his eyes and let his anger towards John slip away by Mandi raking her fingers through his hair.He sighed and leaned back into the booth.

"This pub sucks.I say we go back to the flat,yeah?"Mandi asked.George,his arm candy and Paul agreed,leaving John sitting there pondering by himself.He chewed down on his lip.

"I'll meet yeah there,I just gotta pick up somethin'"He replied.They all nodded and split up,leaving the pub quickly and headed towards her flat.George and his bird walked a couple steps ahead of Paul and Mandi before he stopped her quickly,causing her to stumble into his chest.

"Woah.Why'd you do that?"She mumbled.

"Did you tell him about me Amanda?"Paul whispered harshly,gripping on her forearm.Mandi blinked,shoving some hair from her face."About..what I told you last night?"

"No! I wouldn't tell him about that,Paul.Seriously,it's between you and me,luv.I pinky-swear to you."She giggled and held up her pinky in front of his face.Paul looked at her curiously as she stumbled and he helped her to stand.

"Yer gonna fall flat on yer face.And what the hell is a pinky-swear?"

She chewed down on her lip and lifted his hand to meet hers,where they both entwined both of they're pinky's together,"See.Pinky swear,Paul.I promise not to tell anybody about you,get it?"

Paul furrowed his brow,"Alright then.I guess,I do...or possibly it's just the ale talking."

Mandi chuckled and continued walking alongside Paul before they reached the flat.She collapsed on her couch releasing a loud moan while the others scattered about.Paul slipped his shoes off and sat down next to her before the door was thrown open and John came tumbling in with a bunch of ale bottles,drenched in his own sweat.

"What the fuck happened to you?"Paul asked

"Got us some ale to party with!"John smiled placing the bottles down on the table in front of them.

"Woo"Mandi yelled.

"How'd you get em?"Paul asked,"By the looks of it,you stole it or somethin."

"Doesn't matter how I got'em.Just fuckin' enjoy drinkin"John spat slipping his coat from his shoulder and tossing it on the sofa.Paul flinched at the sound of John's voice.Why he had been acting so narrow towards Paul lately and why so harsh of words.

Mandi scrambled to the table and grabbed another bottle of ale quickly,tossing one to Paul and one for herself.John emerged out of one of the rooms in nothing but his boxers and a pair of socks.Paul blushed lightly and tried to hide it by sipping some of his ale quickly.

Fuck.Why do I keep thinking of such things involving me best friend?Paul thought to himself as John grabbed a bottle from the table and popped the cap off.He shook the thought from his mind and turned to Mandi who was in her little word,mumbling about random nonsense.

"George's bird is a total fox."She mumbled and took another drink.Paul cocked his brow as Mandi's face lit up like a runway.She stood to her feet and began jumping around the room,"Guys.Guys,lads.Can we play somethin' please,please,please?"

"Oh god,shut yer gob.We'll play whatever if you just shurrup,Mands"John demanded flopping on the sofa next to Paul.He tensed up and shifted so his legs were dangling over the edge instead of being neatly tucked underneath him.His face grew hot quickly and decided to strip himself of his own jacket.

"TRUTH OR DARE!"

John's face fell,"What the 'ell? Are we like five,Mandi?"

"Oh come on ye git,You said we could play!"

John rolled his eyes and slipped from the sofa onto the ground,"Fine.Get yer arse down 'ere."Mandi clapped her hands happily and sat next to him,"Paul.Go get George and his girl to come play too.Cos I'm not playin' with a fairy and a lesbian."

"Hey!"Paul spat,"What the fuck did I tell.."

"I was only jokin' Paul.Stop gettin' yer knickers in a knot mate"John chuckled.Paul rolled his eyes and stood from his spot.Mandi shifted excitedly on the ground,drinking sips of her ale and bouncing from her spot.John smiled."You excited for me,luv?"

"Oh yes.I'm excited to play"

He chuckled,"I take this game seriously,so you better be up for it"

Paul,George and his girl joined the two in the living room and sat down.George glared at Mandi as the bird sat next to him,"Kay,who's first?"

"You are.You thought of the fuckin' thing!"John mumbled.

"Fine you fuckin' twat.Paul,truth or dare?"Mandi asked.He rubbed his chin thoughtlessly and mumbled a truth before getting a glare from John thrown at him,"Okay.Um.Have you ever---Wanked off to another guy before?"

Paul's jaw dropped and he refused to answer the question,"Fucksakes Paul.Just answer it"

"No."

"Fine.I'll change it.Have you ever wanked off to---two girls going at it?"Mandi smirked and stole a glance to the girl sitting across from her.The girl shuddered and ducked her head into George's neck.

Paul's brows perked up,"Ugh.Actually,no.I haven't.."

"Kay.My turn,that was bloody horrible,Mandi by the way,"John replied with a low chuckle,"Hey you,girl I don't knows name.Yeah you.Truth or Dare?"

"My names Kacey,just for you're information."She mumbled glaring at John,who also mumbled 'smartass' under his breath."I pick truth,I guess."

"Wow,you lads and lasses are a bunch of pussies.Well--Have you blown George lately?"

Kacey blushed and averted her eyes to the ground and mumbled a 'no'.John smirked successfully and glanced at George who was also blushing."Kay,I'm done.Yer turn,Paulie."

"Hm.Lets see."Paul mumbled as a wild smirk toyed on his lips,"Mandi.Truth or Dare,luv?"

Mandi perked up in her seat,"Ugh.Lemme see.How about.."

"You better not fuckin' pick truth,pussy!"John said.

"I'm not a fuckin pussy,John"She muttered,"I'll take a dare,Paul"

Paul smirked and licked his lips,"Okay,luv.I dare you,to kiss Kacey over there.."

Mandi chewed on her lip,looking to the young girl across from her.Kacey's eyes went wide and she started shaking her head fiercely,"No.No way,I'm not kissing her.That is so bad,no I can't do it."

"Oh come off it,do you somethin' with people who like the same sex or somthin'?"John spat taking another drink of his ale.His cheeks became rosy as the alcohol began to settle into his system.Kacey pierced her lips together and shook her head.

"I'm not doing it."She said angrily and stood up,"I'm goin' to the room,George you comin?"

George looked to the others sympathetically and followed after her,"Should've known.He's like a dog on a leash to that one y'know"

Mandi shrugged and fell back into her spot,"Oh well I guess."She lifted the bottle to her lips and took a long chug of the ale before Paul cleared his throat once again.

"Okay then.I guess...I dare you to kiss me instead then,Mands"Paul smirked as she lowered the bottle from her face.She spaced out for a moment while John studied the two of them closely.

"Mands?"John called out waving a hand in front of her face,"You okay?"

She chewed on her lower lip,standing to her feet and quickly walked into her room.John turned to Paul who was clueless at to what was going on."What did I do?"

John swallowed down hard and waved it off,"Nothin' mate,I'll tell you when you get older.."He stood up from his spot and followed in Mandi's steps towards her room.

Paul sat cluelessly in his spot and watched John disappear into her room,shutting the door behind him.He had no idea what had happened or what he had said to cause Mandi to freak out and leave.Possibly it was the question of the kiss,maybe lesbians got all bent out of shape when another lad asked them for a kiss? Or it was the girl?

Paul sighed and sunk his head into his hands.

Way to go Paul.You try anything to make John jealous and not to think you're a fairy,and Mandi freaks out.

Feeling alone,Paul stood up and slowly walked over to her room,pushing the door opened.Both Mandi and John layed with each other on the bed softly snoring.Paul sighed and made his way to the other side of the bed next to Mandi and shuffled underneath the covers.