The Amazing Adventures of Rainbow Girl and Emo Boy

Meeting

Time. Time is everything it is the most important and precious thing on this earth. It’s also easily wasted next thing you know it’s two pm and you have no work done. And that’s exactly what happened to me in class as I jumped awake, startled by the school bell mumbling something about Charlie the Unicorn. I looked around embarrassed and people were staring at me like a freak. I flipped them all off and stood up grabbing my stuff and fleeing from the room. I sighed in relief as I escaped the suffocating class room and made my way to art. I grinned excitedly, art is my favorite class.

I almost started skipping, my rainbow hair bouncing lightly with my eager steps. On my way to class I drifted further and further into my thoughts of bright colors and my slight (ok big lie) obsession with unicorns. I let out a small shriek as I suddenly fell on my butt after running into a wall of flesh. I looked up shaking my head and looking around me confused.

*What the hell? How did I end up on the floor?* I thought as I picked up my folders that were by the way covered in cupcake, sponge bob, and of course you can’t forget unicorn stickers. I giggled silently to myself before looking up to see what I had miraculously ran into. What I saw shocked me, most of the people here looked like Neanderthal aka the jocks or preppy cheerleaders that wore short skirts and did all the Neanderthals on the football team. Then there were the loners, geeks, ‘emo's’ and Goths. I didn’t fit in anywhere with my bright rainbow hair, neon skinny jeans, tutu’s and retro t-shirts.

It was one of the ‘emos‘ shaggy black hair that typically hung over one eye, skin tight black jeans and a Birthday Massacre band t. He was of average height which was way taller than me considering I’m only 5’2, and skinny (not anorexic or anything)

“Sorry,” he mumbled offering me his hand so he could pull me up. I grasped it and he easily lifted me to my feet as I brushed myself off. I grinned at him and he looked embarrassed.

“Hi, my name’s Fay,” I smiled up at him.

“Aidan,” he said shyly, my eyes brightened as I realized where I recognized him from…art class!!!

“Want to walk with me since we both have art,” I chirped, he hesitated a moment before nodding. We walked down the hall side by side to art class until one of the Neanderthals saw us.

“Oh, look the rainbow freak even has a friend now,” everyone in the hall looked our way as I gulped in fear…jocks were…bullies. He pushed me into the locker, my small frame hitting the hard metal. Sliding to the floor, and dropped my papers all over the floor….again. I saw Aidan from the corner of my eye as I got up glaring at the huge idiot that pushed me down. He sneered at me, “Even the goths and emos have more friends than you”

“Leave her alone and pick on someone your own size,” I heard some one say from my left. It was Aidan. The Neanderthal looked at Aidan in disgust.

"Shut up faggot,” he spat and pushed past him going to his class. I started grabbing my stuff off the floor again. Aidan handed me most of my folders.

“Thanks,” I mumbled and we started…again on our way to class. When we finally made it there I could already feel the forming bruises on my back from where I had hit the lockers. When we walked in, some people were shocked. No one ever talked to me. I don’t know why though, I was a really nice girl. And as usual they wanted to see what crazy outfit I was wearing that day. I rolled my eyes sitting at my table.