Life After Death

Chapter 4- a new beginning?

I knocked on the door twice and then slowly opened it. “Mom? Dad?” I asked stepping inside there house.

“Honey we’re in the kitchen!” Mom hollered as I made my way though the house and smiled and gave mom a hug as soon as I made it in the kitchen. I sat down at the counter and sighed. “What’s wrong honey?”

“I came to….”

“To what? Is everything alright pumpkin?” Dad asked as he came and sat next to me and pulled me into a hug.

“Ugh, its just, I came to tell you that I will need a ride to the airport tomorrow.”

“Why on earth would you need to go to the hospital for?” mom asked as she stood on the other side of the counter in front of me.

“I was just gonna go stay with aunt Gail, and Roxas. I need to get away for awhile.”
“but, honey that’s all the way in Canada! How long are you gonna be there?” mom worried

“I know, but I need to just leave, and I’m not sure how long I’ll be gone.” I said looking down at my hands which for some reason have become very interesting.

“Ok, what time should we pick you up on Friday?” Dad asked sounding a little upset.

“um 8 am. “

“What are you going to do with the house?”

“I have no idea, I’ll figure that out when I get back.”

“Oh come on let go.” I mumbled as pulled my suitcase out my closet. “Finally!” I heaved my suitcase on my bed, and started throwing clothes in the suitcase. “Ok, underwear, a couple skirts, t-shirt, boxer shorts for PJs, a couple trucker hats, shoes, and and and….Oh I know I’m forgetting something.” I mumbled looking around, I stumbled backwards, and caught my balance on the top edge. “What the-SOCKS! I almost forgot socks!” I laughed really hard as I picked up the sock I had stepped on and at how stupid I sounded as socks was echoed through the house, and then I stopped suddenly depressed again as I realized how empty the house was, and how empty I am.