Status: Slowly Active/ZOMBIE-LIKE!

Forgotten Princess

Realize

Alanna's red-rimmed eyes squinted into the blinding sun. Where was she? The violet eyes scanned the clearing. No threats were found, so she let herself relax momentarily.

What had happened yesterday? What had gone wrong? It was her ceremony, her most important moment in her life. Somehow, she had messed it up. She had so many years of practice. Magic came so easily to her.

Maybe too easily.

Tears of desperation leaked out of the wild violet eyes. Alanna swiped them away with a tight fist. She did not know what happened, but she would go back and fix it.

The forest was easy to navigate. She had been doing so since she was able to walk. She had not teleported far, just beyond the castle's limits. The stone gates loomed before her in no time. Her legs carried her willowy frame to the guardhouse.

"Hello?" she called out, expecting Guard Arden to question as to where she had gone and that the kingdom had been so worried. But he did not.

"Who are you?" came the gravelly voice.

"Princess Alanna," she replied testily, "Stop playing around and let me in, Arden."

The man's brown eyes (Brown eyes indicate that the soul does not contain the magical spark) squinted angrily at her. "What kingdom are you from?"

"Cut it out, Arden! I need to speak with my father, the King, in case you have 'forgotten.'"

"The King of Arnythia has only one child, Prince David."

"This is not funny--!"

"I daresay it is not," said a smooth voice from the doorway. Alanna whirled around to face the stranger. Everything from his stance to his shoes to his hair was pressed and pristine. His clothes were all black, which contrasted with his pale skin. He was intimidating.

But the most terrifying thing about him was his eyes. She had never seen that color soul. Burgundy.

"Who are you?" she snarled, feeling as if she had to prove her ferocity.

"If you were actually the daughter of the King, you would know," Arden said.

"I am the Royal Advisor, Sit Dmitr."

"No, you are not. The Royal Advisor is Sir Eden," Alanna replied weakly. This wasn't right. Nothing made sense.

An unseen force began to put pressure on her neck. Her airway was being cut off. Alanna's violet eyes widened and a small noise escaped her lips. Sir Dmitr looked on with a sadistic smirk. A reddish haze encircled his body. It held for a few tense moments before releasing her. Alanna crashed to the ground, gasping for air.

"Now leave, you little deceiver!" Sir Dmitr scowled before stalking out of the room.

Tears filled the amethyst eyes. "I do not understand," the young girl whispered forlornly.

"Hey, hey, don't cry," Arden pat her shoulder roughly. He was always a sucker for crying women. She pushed his hand away feebly, leaping to her nimble feet. Her legs began to take her away from what she though was her home. The wind whistled piercingly in her ears. Alanna could not get her thoughts straight. Everything was a jumbled mess.

She ran and ran into the forest, faster than she thought possible. Her settings became a blur, but she did not hit anything. Alanna's instincts informed her when to jump, when to crouch, when to swerve.

Finally she just collapsed into a patch of long grass. An anguished scream frightened the local wildlife away.

Alanna pushed herself to her feet and began to build a shelter and find food. Why? Because the only way to understand anything was to eat and rest. That way you would have a clear head.

At least, that was the best plan she could think up with such a fried brain.

Prince David Ariache Cynric Marhaldy of Arnythia paced anxiously around his study. He wanted something, craved it. Not just any old thing, like a glass of water or a book. Something big.

He need company, he realized. Not his father's though, or his friend, Thomas's.

David made his way to his mother's chambers and knocked thrice on the door. A soft voice greeted him.

"Hello David," his mother smiled, walking forward to embrace him and kiss his cheek.

"Good morning, Mother."

David suddenly came to the conclusion that this was not what he yearned for. The ache in his chest was not any less painful.

"What brings you to my chambers today, my son?"

He sighed. "I am not sure. I long for something big, something important, but what? I do not know. I first assumed it was your company, but I am sorry to say it is not."

"I am sorry, but I cannot help you there, David. Perhaps speak to your friend, young Thomas?"

"Perhaps," he sighed again. The feeling grew stronger as he bid his farewell to his mother and left the room.

His father's Royal Advisor appearing around the corner, walking toward David.

"Hello, Dmitr," the prince nodded formally.

"Hello, Prince David. It seems you are resisting. I will have to fix that," the cold man said solemnly. David's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Dmitr raised his hand, palm facing the Crown Prince. David's eyes unfocused as the haze fell around the Royal Advisor.

Prince Colewyn Reynald Matthew Martiel of Dakar heaved a sigh in exhaustion. He had never been very good at magic, especially tracking spells. Swordsmanship had been more of his forte. Of course, he would have to call on his worst skill to find this princess.

The irony of it, he realized, was astounding. He had spent a good portion of his time running from the many girls expecting to snag his heart. Now he was chasing one and using a tracking spell to find her.

A clearing appeared before his eyes, and he let the tracking spell fade. There was a small lean-to with a spot for fire. Princess Alanna had to be somewhere nearby. She had obviously made the campsite.

The cold, hard breath of a dagger's blade grazed his neck and he gasped. Prince Colewyn mentally smacked himself. He had tired himself out with the spell so he had become lazy and let his guard down. Now he would pay the consequences.

"Who are you?" asked a female voice that matched the feminine fingers curled around the dagger's hilt.

He gulped. "Colewyn."

"Your full name and title. Do not lie."

"Prince Colewyn Reynald Matthew Martiel of Dakar."

"Who were you tracking, Prince Colewyn?" she said. Her voice was authoritative and firm, hinting at a high social position. He hoped it was the princess.

"Princess Alanna Raenya Michella Marhaldy of Arnythia," Colewyn sighed, waiting for the rebuke or the recognition. He had made the mistake of asking a local for help to find the princess. The memory spell had obviously worked on him, that's for sure.

"Why?"

Colewyn blinked. He did not have a defined reason. "To help her."

The knife left his throat instantly, but he still did not move. It would not be wise.

"Come," came the reply, but it was softer and more inviting. She walked past him. Colewyn recognized the long brunette locks and the golden band on her head. The amethyst dress was a bit dirty, but that was to be expected.

"Princess Alanna!" he exclaimed happily, pleased to have found his target. She turned to face him, her violet eyes sorrowful.

"How is it," she snarled, but her anger was not directed toward him, "that you, Prince of Darkar, can remember me, when my own family cannot?"

Colewyn bowed his head, his shaggy blonde hair falling in his light sapphire eyes. "During your ceremony, a sixth sense warned me of danger towards myself, so I put up a shield charm. I did not realize that everyone else was in danger."

"You were there?"

"Yes. My parents were as well."

"What went wrong?"

He paused, meeting her stunning violet eyes. His stomach flipped. "You honestly do not know?"

"No. I remember my soul vacuuming out the evil, but I must have lost control because I fell in-"

"You didn't lose control. Someone sabotaged your ceremony. I do not know who it was, but he had a burgundy power. He-"

"Dmitr," she gasped.

"You know him?"

"Not really. I met him when I tried to get in the palace. His power...it was stronger than any power I have ever come in contact with."

Colewyn swore. "I am not good with magic."

"And I have not completed my ceremony, so I do not yet have my full powers."

"How-?"

"Prince Colewyn, please. It is getting dark, and I would like to rest."

He nodded and followed her to the lean-to. They both lay down mere inches from each other, for that is all the small space allowed.

Colewyn listened as Alanna deliberately slowed her breathing. Soon, she was sleeping soundly and he found himself relaxing at her leisurely breaths. He felt his eyelids droop and dreams overtook him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my goodness how time flies!

I haven't updated in a long time, I know. I'm pretty sure I have lost all subscribers, not that there were many to begin with. But every little person counts!

I put this up on Wattpad and a very nice person put a very nice comment on it and I was inspired to write it again. :)

So, if you hate me, I apologize. If you don't, I still apologize. But I promise I'll get better at updating!