Love Is Insane

Under The Rose

As Ville woke up, so did Bam. He was already used to a similar schedule.

"Sleep well, sweetheart?" Ville asked.

Bam yawned. "Not the best."

I kept having these awful dreams about you taking all the pills in your mattress.

A hooded figure sat next to Bam. 'Brandon, you should save up your pills and get out of here the way he's going to.'

No way. I want to get to know Ville...

'You do not.'

I do so.


Bam groaned. "I hate you."

"Me?" Ville asked.

"What? No," Bam said.

"Then, um who?"

"No one! Fuck."

Ville eyed Bam.

"They won't leave me alone..." Bam said quietly.

"Are you talking to me?" Ville asked.

"I don't know..." Bam said. "There's these people that live in my head...They appear outside my head...they try and tell me to do things..."

Ville sat up on the edge of his bed. "People?"

"Yes, people, and things...and I don't know." Bam said looking at Ville. There was a man standing behind Ville with a huge axe.

Bam jumped across the room on top of Ville.

Ville raised up from under Bam. "Uh, hello..."

Bam got up. "He was going to kill you."

"What?"

"You didn't...see him...Of course not," Bam said. He sat next to Ville. "I'm sorry, I just...I'm just crazy."

Ville looked oddly at Bam. "You are not. Your perfect."

Bam looked over at Ville. "What?"

"I said..." Ville said, "I didn't say anything. I don't know what I'm saying. I'm sleep talking. I shouldn't have said a word..."

Bam tilted his head slightly to the side. "It's okay..."

"No, no it's not okay. Like you care what I'm saying. Like it even fucking matters if I have a opinion on anything! I've turned into nothing! I'm a fucking nobody now! I know it. Nobody cares what the hell I have to say because this place turned me into absolutely nothing! I might as well talk to the wall behind me because nobody gives a FUCK! If I died no one would care!"

"I don't want you to die..." Bam said.

"Sure, sure you don't. You could care less about me because I'm NOTHING!"

"Well, I'll just leave you here to be that nothing," Bam said storming out of the room.

"Fuck you."

"Maybe later."

Ville eyed the man leaving. "Is that a promise?"

"It's not a threat now is it?!" Bam yelled from the hall.

Ville kind of smiled. "He's insane..." he muttered to himself. "And so are you."