Hurt You

Three.

Nick was sitting on the couch, staring at the TV (although not actually watching it), when Tyson arrived.

"What did you want to talk about, Nicky?" he asked, sitting down beside him.

Nick hesitated. He'd rehearsed what he was going to say, but now it sounded strange and forced inside his head. He decided to make it up as he went along.

"I did something when we were on tour. Something that I shouldn't have done. And a part of me really wants to do it again."

Tyson looked concerned. "Shit, Nick. You aren't into drugs, are you?"

Nick shook his head. "No. It's nothing like that."

"Then what?"

"I..." he looked down at the floor. "I cheated on Ashley."

Tyson didn't say anything, but nodded for Nick to continue.

"I slept with one of the guys. He was drunk, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even remember it. But I can't stop thinking about it. I think I... I have feelings for him."

Tyson nodded again. "So what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know," Nick replied quietly.

"You should tell him, Nicky."

Nick sighed. "I don't know if I can."

"You should try. What if he feels the same way?"

"I don't think he does, Ty."

"Just try."

"I don't want to. I don't want to ruin a friendship with one of my bandmates over some stupid crush. That's all that it is, Tyson. A stupid fucking crush. It doesn't matter."

"That's too bad, Nick," Tyson said softly. When he looked at Nick, his eyes were filled with hurt. "Because what he feels for you is more than a stupid fucking crush. And it definitely does matter."
♠ ♠ ♠
rawrr.