Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Personal Demons

Zach walked me to the front door, I looked up to see him staring at me. I flushed red and looked down. I felt a sudden urge to kiss him, how stupid of me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I mumbled shyly.

"I'll pick you up and take you to the forest base to train." He told me with a smile. "I still don't know how you'll fair with a gun but lets hope you won't shoot me." He joked, chuckling. I joined him before turning for the door.

"Bye." I whispered before sneaking into the house. Mum was in living room watching TV with dad, snuggled on the love seat. They turned to me as I entered.

"Rhiannon?!" Mum exclaimed rising from her seat. "I thought you weren't back till tomorrow." She frowned and hugged me. "You look like you've been through hell." Mums expression turned to worry as she pulled away and looked me up and down.

"I just had a rough night..." I mumbled feeling the giggles of irony forcing there way up my throat. "I'm going to bed, night." I waved and ran to escape from them. I lay on my bed trying to soak in the last few days, it all felt like a horrible dream but in other ways an amazing dream. There was one thing that always helped me sleep, I didn't use it often but tonight was a night where I didn't want to stay awake with far too much time to think. I opened the bottom drawer of my side table and pulled out my old teddy bear with the hole in the bottom, from that hole I pulled out a Small flask of Vodka Liam had once given me. I hoped I would eventually throw it up, it felt horrible to have a part of Liam in my system. I took a swig, and dressed for bed in my old sweat shirt and trakies. I then collapsed on my bed and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

***

I was shaken from my sleep, my vision was blurry so I rubbed my eyes and shot up into a sitting position.

"Mi-Mi." A boy whispered.

"Huh?" I mumbled sleepily as I rubbed my eyes, my vision cleared and I flinched away when I saw Liam only a few feet away from me. I suddenly remembered the gun poking into my back.

"Mi-Mi I'm so sorry, I acted like a maniac. I don't know what I was thinking, your my sister and... well what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry." Liam babbled on. I pursed my lips, I wasn't buying his bullshit and lies. His eyes didn't help his cause, deep in the murky blue was the deceiving b*stard who claimed to be my brother.

I played the naive little sister and faked my forgiveness. "It's okay, I understand." I lied, I hoped my attempt wasn't as pathetic as it sounded to me. "But I want you to tell me something." My plan would soon come into affect.

"Anything." He agreed smiling. It hurt to know he used to be my sweet, kind loving brother.

"Why do you have such a grudge against Zach and his friends?" I knew part of the answer but I needed his side too.

"Mi-Mi, you don't understand what they are..." He cringed at the thought.

"And who are they?" I wondered. Who ever they were Zach was apparently one of them.

"Those... rich... snobs... they're just scum! They don't belong on this world!" He shouted in whispers, his hands balling into fists. "It's my job to rid the world of them."

"Don't be such a hypocrite, your rich too..." I snapped, his ignorance was getting to me.

"I am not!" He shouted. His hand slapped to his mouth and we both waited silently to see if mum or dad hard hear, it seemed they hadn't.

"What your doing in overreacting thats what!" I hissed shoving him lightly.

"If you only knew what I've been through..." He breathed, pain twisting his features. For a second I actually felt some remorse for him, but as soon as it came it was gone as I remembered what he had done to Zach. His own pain was no excuse for the pain he had inflicted on others.

"Then tell me." I pleaded. He shook his head and went to sit on the dark purple bean bag planted in the corner of my room.

"I can't tell you... but dad will." He looked up from under his honey lashes, his voice darkening. A chill ran up my spine.

"I will ask him." I retorted opening my double story window. "You'd better leave before someone catches you." I ordered softly, trying to hold back the hateful curses I wanted to shout at him.

"Your right..." He muttered, getting to his feet. He strolled to me and bent down to my level. "Promise me something Mi-Mi..." He whispered, his eyes piercing.

"Depends." I struggled to keep my voice civilized.

"Stay away from Zach Benson... I mean it this time." The warning was cold and harsh behind the whisper, he really did mean it. "He is no good for you." He said no more and sprung out of my window grasping the branch of the near by tree then swinging to the ground. It scared me how many things reminded me of Zach. My phone vibrated in my pocket, checking the ID I saw it was Zach. How did he get my number?

Feel like sneaking out?

The message read. I was quick to reply.

Maybe... why?

I replied smiling to myself. His reply came soon after.

I'm waiting for you down the road, Its time for your first mission with us.

I didn't understand but a chance to see Zach was all that mattered so I would go. I slipped into my old jumper and converses - not bothering to fix the laces - and grabbed the gun off the bed.

I had done this a few times so I knew what I was doing. I balanced on the balls of my feet on my window sill, holding the frame for support. I reached out and jumped, I grasped the nearest branch of the huge Bald cypress and swung for a few seconds before I jumped to the ground landing swiftly on my toes.

"Wow." I breathed, I had expected to sprain my ankle or something horrible like that. So far, so good. I creeped around the side of the house still on the tips of my toes, pushing the back gate open as I snuck into the front yard. I ran until I was standing in the middle of the road, up ahead I could see a dark figure lounging against his car. Zach. I ran towards him, I could feel the gun digging into my back, a constant reminder of what I was now apart of.

"Why hello." He greeted smoothly.

I bent down, putting my hands on my knees. "Hello." I panted.

Zach chuckled. "Nice." He commented nodding at my old, worn jumper and trackies.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just go." I prodded, walking to the passenger side of the car. He laughed quietly to himself and got into the car too.

Once we were speeding down my street I felt it was time to tell him about Liam's visit. "Guess who snuck into my room five minutes ago." I told him, peeking at his face. "Liam." My voice was harsh and low, it surprised me.

I watched his jaw tighten. "... And what did he say to you?"

"He told me to stay away from you." I whispered. The street lamps flickered as we headed towards Lake Saint Clair, memories flooded back.

Zach's jaw tightened further, his knuckles went white on the steering wheel. "... And what did you say?" His voice was strained, I could hear the fear seeping in.

I wasn't sure exactly what to say to him. That I was falling for him, that he was my hero. And as cliche and it sounds, its true. I think I'm falling for Mr Jerk. "Well..." I began. Confessing how I felt was far from my mind and I didn't want to do it right now. But it would be hard to hide it now. "I said I would never stay away from you..." My voice was so soft I wasn't sure if he had even heard it.

He was still, eyes still on the road until we stopped at a traffic light and he turned to me. His beautiful hazel eyes were magical at night, just like the first time I had seen him on that chilly night on what seemed like many months ago. I felt compelled to stare in them forever. "Why would you say that?" His lips barely moved as he spoke.

My throat tightened. What was I going to say?! "Because its the truth." I stated solemnly, amazed that my voice remained as steady as it did.

"He's your brother Rhiannon." He mumbled turning back to the road. The way he said my full name puzzled me.

"And?" I asked staring ahead too.

"Why wouldn't you just stay away from me?" He really didn't seem to understand. Maybe I was and idiot to even consider feelings for him. I didn't answer his question. There was only one answer to it and I wouldn't lie to him for all I wanted him to hear was the truth. He didn't press on to my relief, he left me to ponder. It wasn't long before we found ourselves beside Lake Saint Clair, right beside the place we had met not so long ago.

"Lets go." He whispered, leaving the car. He waited patiently beside my car door where I stumbled out to his side.

"Where are we going?" I wondered.

"One of our three bases." He informed. "We're going running again... into the same Forest as last time." He added.

I froze, the fear gathering in me. "W-what?!" I shrieked frantically.

A smile broke out across his face. "Don't worry, I've carry you if you like." He laughed, I joined him.

"Fine." I smiled and we walked towards the black forest, not a speck of light. Once we reached the edge he handed me a sliver torch. "You light the way." He ordered bending over, I jumped onto his back with a laugh and hit the torch switch.

"How do you know where to go?" I questioned squinting into the darkness.

"I follow the ribbons. Now help me find the first one." He took my hand and pointed the torch at the branches of the surrounding trees. "There." He whispered with a swift point at a small purple ribbon flickering in the small breeze. He ran towards it and suddenly darkness was all around us. I kept the torch pointed ahead lighting up the way, he seemed to know where he was going and I felt I could trust him. I kept my arms tightly wrapped around his neck as his arms held my legs, keeping me from slipping off.

The deeper we ran the more anxious I got, but every few trees I would see a tiny purple ribbon tired to a branch.

"There it is." Zach noted. I looked ahead to see a small shack that seemed to blend in with the nature. Moss and climbing plants covers the faded brown wood, it seemed to have been built around the trees.

"Is that it?" I asked raising one brow.

He laughed. "Not exactly." He whispered secretively. He let me off his back when we reached the door, the door took a little effort to wedge open but when we did the inside had a certain charm to it. It was full of old fashion antiques, and large ornate statues and vases.

"Wow." I breathed.

Zach chuckled. "This isn't it, its downstairs." He stomped his foot twice.

"But this is only a one story- Oh..." I felt so stupid. He only laughed and began folding away the huge red mat, under it was a trap door. Crap, how smart of these guys. "How on earth did you find this place?!" I inquired.

"Me, Luke and Arron were out here on business and we found this place. When we came in to investigate, the floor was so old that Luke fell through the floor boards." He chortled staring up at me. "And we found that this shack is tiny compared to whats below it. It must of taken years to dig it out and build it." He thought casually as he pulled open the trap door. "Jump in." He grinned playfully.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach but I ignored it and dangled my feet over the edge. "1, 2, 3." I counted to myself, I jumped and landed on my feet in the middle of a huge room filled with the people in Zach's gang I had seen at Liam's camp.

"Rhi!" Luke exclaimed with a smile.

They all stared at me with confused expressions until Zach landed on top of me. "Ah!" I shouted as I fell to the ground.

"Hi!" I squeaked, my body crushed by Zach, who happened to be heavier than he looked.

"What the f*ck Zach!" A boy yelled.

"Crap I'm so sorry!" Zach gushed helping me back onto my feet, as I stood the gun fell out of my jeans and clattered on the floor. In that split seconds everyone in the room except for Zach and Luke grabbed their guns out and pointed them at me.

"Whoa relax guys, this is Rhi the girl I told you about." Zach stood in front of me his hands raised. "Shes Liam's sister and she's going to help us." He explained taking a step forward.

"Oh... sorry." A girl with dark brown hair mumbled embarrassed, she tucked her gun away.

"Its okay, you guys didn't know." Zach muttered understandingly. I sighed with relief when all the guns disappeared and everyones expressions went from serious to warm and kind. Except for one.

"What if she's one of them." The boy said, he was bigger than the others, the oldest from the looks of it.

"Thats our leader Arron." Zach whispered before he went on. "She hates him just as much as we all do. He has hurt her just like he has hurt us." Zach reasoned. It was hard to block off my feelings when he was always stepping in and becoming my hero again and again. How could he expect me to stay away from him?

"It can't of been as bad as what he did to all of us." Arron grumbled getting to his feet.

I needed to speak. "What exactly did he do you all of you?" I wondered stepping forward. They all looked away, some got to their feet and walked off in different directions, sitting and standing awkwardly, cowering away.

"I'll tell you." Arron offered, the only one still watching me with authority. I nodded shyly. "He killed our families... he killed the ones we love... and he has never been caught." He snarled, I cringed at his harshness. I could feel Zach stiffen behind me, I could see his head drop. "The f*cking police gave up trying to find and stop him, he was too damn smart for them. So its our job! We the victims have to kill him ourselves." He spat. His hands were balled into fists and his face seemed to be going red with fury. "He took our money, our families..." He looked up and locked his eyes with mine, they were dark and frightening. "He ruined our lives." He whispered darkly. I turned my head ever so slightly, just enough to see Zach's blank, lifeless eyes. I very slowly reached back - though we were so close - and took his hand, comforting him. He didn't shy away, he held my hand tightly.

"I'm not like him." I didn't know what else to say. "Will you tell me what happened to your family." I murmured, I tensed waiting for his reply.

He jumped straight into the story as he sat back in his chair. Zach handed me back my gun and pulled me towards him - still grasping my hand - and we sat on the love seat opposite Arron. "I was living in New York at the time, with my mother and my father. My family was very wealthy because of my dads enormous fame and wealth, he was the manager of a huge company and he worked in a large skyscraper in the heart of New York City." He began, his voice softer than before.
"It was in the middle of winter... he went to the office like every other day. He kissed me and mum goodbye before driving into the city. It was only later that afternoon that we heard about the 'accident' on the news." He sneered at the thought.

"My father had been pushed from the window of his thirty-seventh floor office building to his bloody death on the streets below. There were pictures of his body covered on the streets, crowds surrounding it... there was a puddle of blood around him... thats how I knew I would never see him again..." I watched him struggled to continue, Zach squeezed my hand. "The police said they had two suspects, a boy who had been responsible for the deaths of many in wealthy community and had been seen entering the building earlier that day." He looked briefly to me. "-and his best friend and office mate who later was cleared of the charges because of the alibi he submitted to the court."

"I'm so sorry." I breathed, my eyes watering.

He laughed dryly. "Don't be, your obviously not like your brother and I applaud you for that. He is a horrible man. All I want from him is his head on a silver platter." His eyes turned dark again.

"I want nothing more than to help you." I felt proud to be offering myself to them.

"We're happy to have you... but will you tell me one thing?" It was more of a plea than an order.

"Anything." I agreed.

"Why does Liam kill all these innocent people?" He questioned, straining.

I didn't know what to tell them, but I still tried. "He only told me this... He hates the rich because he had a horrible past and now he claims that it is his job to rid the world of them." I confided with him. Everyone in the room seemed to turn and listen. "I promise I will help you kill him." I declared, finishing. The girl with the dark brown hair strode across the room and hugged me.

"Thank you." She breathed. I was taken by surprise, I hugged her back.

"No problem." I replied smiling. She pulled back her arms and sat beside me.

"Now to business." Arron suddenly said. Everyone came and huddled around the little sitting area, where a small heater was built against the wall. "Apocalypse is planning a raid on the Masquerade Ball the Parkers are holding next weekend. We'll have to go on guard that night." Arron's words seemed to get muddled up in my head, I wonders how I would cope in this gang. Arron looked to the girl beside me then to me. "Scarlett you will look after Rhi and help her train. Teach her the basics and she'll learn the rest herself." He commanded the girl I now knew as Scar. "Zach will help you seeing as him and Rhi are very... close." Arron began snickering then everyone broke out into laughter, even Arron who seemed to up tight for laughter was chuckling away with he rest of them. I sat very confused.

"Oh shut up!" Zach grumbled throwing a cushion at the group of boys hooting at us. I looked to Scarlett for some answers she mouthed 'I'll tell you later'. I nodded, pleased.

"Aw Zachy wacky is scared she'll find out!" Luke mocked laughing louder. Zach got up and pushed him over then sat back down. Luke continued laughing on the floor.

"Okay shut up all of you. The girls will take the front line in the gardens by the main gates." Arron pulled out some sort of map and a small photo, he began pointing out areas. "Zach, Luke Marcus and myself will take the back line near the entrance here." He jabbed a finger at a patch of garden that looked to be a round about in front of the building. "Tyler, Jake, Tim and the others will patrol behind the manor and and will take the areas, here, here and there." He again pointed to several places.

"Whats Apocalypse?" I whispered to Zach.

"Liam's gang, its what we call them. Becuase of their killing rampages We're Rapture." He explained seeming to be enjoying a personal joke. I felt so lost and out of it.

"His gang numbers have dropped seeing as we killed two of them yesterday so we have a five person advantage, now that we have Rhi here." Everyone threw me a few thankful smiles. "We will go into further detail as the week goes on so your all dismissed if you wish to go." Everyone murmured their responses and began climbing back up and out the trap door.

"I should take you home." Zach murmured. I nodded my head and got up. "I know it seems like a hell of allot to understand." He said, feeling my timidness. "But it gets better, and me and Scar will help you." He promised.

Scarlett suddenly pulled me from Zach's side and whispered. "He has a huge crush on you. Thats what all the guys were laughing before" She winked and walked off giggling.

"Uh..." I breathed a smile playing on my lips. Everything was moving so fast, I felt so clueless. I prayed to god I would make it through the next week without getting shot to death.

I'm not ready to leave this world.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you likey my story? Comment or subscribe if you do :)

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.