Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Bitter Fairy Tales

One hand ran down his chest as a smile broke out across her face. “This is William.” Mom introduced this stranger to me with such pride. What went unsaid was already quite obvious. William had thick honey blond locks, short in light waves. Sparkling brown eyes -mysterious you could say – his build was so bulky I felt suddenly tiny.

He gently moved mom off his lap and stood up to greet me with a smile. Holding one hand out he spoke in a deep voice, the kind you’d hear on the radio. “Hello Rhiannon, nice to meet you.”

I couldn’t even look at his outstretched hand, or his warm expression. I just gawked at mom, my heart faltering with hurt. How could she do this?

I slowly shook my head as my eyes finally met with William’s. I shook my head more furiously towards his hand. “No, no. I can’t… I won’t do this…” I took a few steps backwards, still shaking my head in grievance

“Rhiannon, don’t you walk away. It’s rude.” She hissed. Her lips were tight in fury. I could tell she would much rather let loose and scream at me. Go ahead mom, show this William what a hurtful woman you are. You already proved yourself when you decided to leave your dead husband to rot in the ground so you could run off with some pretty faced man.

As I stumbled into the dark hallway mom jogged after me. “Mi-Mi darling, I love William. You’re always away, who else can I turn to? Please just give him a chance.” Mother beseeched, stopping at the hand rail as I ran up the staircase.

“You’re horrible!” I screamed, kicking the rug running down the stairs up into the air. It flew down and landed in a large clump next to her feet. I burst into my room and grabbed everything I could find and chucked it onto my bed. I trust as much of it as possible into two duffle bags and heaved the window open. It groaned loudly in protest but it finally opened and I leaned out into the twilight.

I needed to tell dad.

My legs were quivering. I eased my feet down onto a sturdy looking branch and pushed away from the wall, holding my hands out by my sides to keep my balance. Holding back tears – my face scrunched up as I sniffled – I wondered what to do.

I sure as hell wasn’t going to stay with Mom and William. I sneered at the thought of that strapping young man. Dad was dead. Dead or not, mom was cheating on him.

The streets were empty. Just a loose plastic bag gliding across the air could be seen. It rose into the air and flew away, dancing beside a bird beginning to take off. I went around to the back gate and took my bike out from behind the flower beds. I pushed it up to the sidewalk and jumped on pulling my bag over my shoulder so it wouldn’t go flying off.

Inhaling I kicked it to a start and made sure to make a loud exit. I revved the bike a few time to see mom pull back the front room curtains and peer out at me. I raced away from the house before she could come outside and make a scene like I knew she would.

I wanted to lean forward on the bike and close my eyes. I was still exhausted, I had no where to stay tonight. Leaving was stupid but I couldn’t go back there until I’d seen dad. So that was the first thing I intended to do.

The cemetery wasn’t far away. I was there before dark, and god had decided to give me a break so luckily it didn’t rain down on me. I hadn’t had enough time to buy a bouquet of flowers or a card. I didn’t even have a match to light the lavender candle at dad’s tombstone but I knew that dad would just appreciate my presence.

I dropped my bag a few feet away and walked steadily to the base of his grave sitting cross legged on the dirt, smoothing out the rough patches and dusting off the marble stone with my hand. I felt like I didn’t come here enough.

I felt the need to cry, but I just couldn’t get the tears flowing. I only wanted to speak.

“She’s moving on daddy… I think she’s forgotten about you. She hasn’t been down here to visit you since the funeral.” I smiled at the withered bouquet of roses Tiarne and her mother had laid there a few weeks ago. At least they cared. “His names William… he’s all muscles and hair products… a real pretty boy. I don’t like him…” I said. It didn’t feel stupid to be talking to a gravestone, I was contempt that he was gone but I refused to forget him. What was even weirder was how I had taken such a strong disliking to a man I’d only met once.

There was just something I didn’t like about him. I had begun to trust my instincts a lot. In the past and it had been right in previous situations. Why not trust it again now?

“Mom said she loves him… crazy I know.” My voice was shaky like the wind that ruptured around me. I wryly wondered how long she’d been seeing him behind my back. “I know lots of people say this when someone’s gone… but I really do miss you dad, I wish you were here so badly.” I dabbed the sleeves of my hood at my puffy eyes and wiped away the gathering moisture. “I have so many questions… there going unanswered and I don’t want that to be the reason people keep dying.”

I sighed and laid on my back staring up at the blackening sky. I wanted to take back things I’d already lost. It was too late, but I didn’t want my hope to be crushed so I continued to pretend there was still a way.

A tiny drop of water hit my forehead and splattered down onto my cheek. I sighed heavily and sat up.

“I hope you understand why I must kill Liam… I know he is your son, but his terror must end...” With my final words said, I kissed my fingers and touched it to my father’s name. I got up without another word and marched out of the cemetery.

Honestly I wanted to just go back home and confront this William man and show him that he was an unwelcomed intruder into our happy life. Well I guess you could call it happy…

I kicked the bike to a start and released the clutch slowly. My fingers were no longer shaking even though the temperature was dropping considerably.

Moms relief was plain when I arrived at the front door, trying to look as apologetic as possible. It was hard when William was standing only a few feet behind her.

“Come inside, just talk to him for a while. You might like him.” She whispered in my ear as we hugged. I couldn’t roll my eyes, William was staring at me. We all proceeded into the living room. The news was playing on mute on the TV, my eyes trailed away when there were only familiar clips rolling on the screen.

“It’s lovely to meet you Rhiannon.” William smiled fondly, crossing one leg over the other as he took a seat in the arm chair opposite me.

My eyes narrowed. “Yeah…” was all I said.

“So your mother tells me you will be graduating soon?”

Oh great, the school questions. Why was this man subjecting me to such petty forms of communication? “Yes, in just a few more weeks.”

He nodded, eyes trailing to the ground.

Mom could see the tension building, so she intervened. “Will, why don’t we go out together tomorrow, maybe for lunch? So you two can get to know each other more.” She said placing her hands on his shoulders.

“Sure that sounds lovely Fee.” William rose from the chair, turned to kiss my mother on the cheek. All the while, I was watching closely. He made a brief farewell gesture to me before leaving the room in silence.

Moms lips were a long, tight line when I looked back to her. “Rhiannon Mia Balker that was unbelievable rude, running off. How could you embarrass me like that?” She scolded me, acting as if I was the only one at fault. It was quite hard not to snap back at her foully so I let her rant on for a while.

“I’m sorry mom… I just miss dad.” I lied. Well it was true, I did miss dad but I defiantly wasn’t sorry. I didn’t trust Will and I wouldn’t until he could prove himself.

Mom folded her arms across her chest. “You’re coming with us tomorrow. You will behave.” She said with a firm shake of her fist.

I said nothing, got up and walked up to my room to call Zach.

~

“Damn, that sucks… I would have hated it if my mom had dated another guy when dad died.” Zach sympathized as we sat on a bench down one of Michigan’s hot shopping spots.

Spring was coming into full force. The city was beautiful during spring, though there was still the occasional shower or two.

“Yeah, mom already told me she loves him. She’s even letting him move in over the next few weeks to see how it works out...” That wasn’t the worst of it. Mom had been on the phone to her friends last night, jabbering on about how great William was and how she thought she’d found the right man to remarry that dad would have approved of. She was acting as if dad would be happy to see her remarry so soon.

Zach looked just as down as I was. He wrapped one arm around me and pulled me close. “Don’t worry about it… maybe moving in together will be too soon and they’ll realize the rushed into things too quickly. They could even fight and break up!” He enthused. Zach did make things sound better. For a boy with his tormenting past, he was surprisingly optimistic.

“I guess that could happen…” I muttered as my finger traces down his forearm. “Thank you.” I craned my head back and kissed his cheek, sending me fluttery in the stomach and a smile breaking out on his face.

We were being a bit too casual. We were supposed to be keeping an eye on things, patrolling the streets for any sign of an attack from Liam. Violence seemed imminent. “How about we stop being lazy, get off our asses, and actually look like we’re doing our jobs?” I suggested getting to my feet with a playful tug of Zach’s arm.

He chuckled and followed me along the footpath. I couldn’t really have my gun out, in full view of the public. That was another problem. How could we control the situation if Liam did attack? If we used our guns someone would report us and we were bound to be under scrutiny by the police. When you were being watched by hawks it’s harder to hide your secrets than if you could remain lurking in the shadows.

My focus was split for a moment when I gun shot went off and there was a chorus of petrified screams. I turned around sharply.

A lady who had crossing the street was lying in the middle of the road dead, in front of a pram holding a crying baby. I looked up to the windows of the surrounding buildings. I searched desperately for a car speeding away. There was no one, not a suspicious looking man, a dark figure on a rooftop or even an open window.

“Rhi c’mon we have to go!” Zach said, towing me along closer towards the body. People fled from their cars, pedestrians ran towards the lifeless woman. Was I the only one who noticed the pram in front of her? There was pushing as shoving but with only a jab to my rib I got to the front and stood before the pram where a little baby boy was wailing for his mother. I didn’t pick up the tiny baby, I just watched its arms waving, reaching for me. I couldn’t look at the motherless child any longer. I peered past the pram to the pool of blood rushing from a wound in directly pieced into the woman’s heart.

Before I could even look away there was another shattering shower of guns, racing across the crowd. Everyone dove to the ground – including Zach and I – But I quickly rolled back onto my feet and saw a black van racing off. A black hooded gun man seemed to make a strong eye contact with me before her ducked back into the van with its windows painted black, its number plate spray painted over.

The street went into panic mode. Shouting men and women rushed in the opposite direction of the shots, people in cars skidded around the corner trying to escape from the ravaged area. More dead bodies covered the street, painting it red. One man was spluttering as he made an effort to haul himself up though his wounds were far too serious. I rushed to his side and helped him to gently lie on his back.

“Just keep calm sir, please just stay still.” I told him as I patted my pockets for my mobile. Zach suddenly held one out in front of me. I took it and quickly dialed 911.

A nasally voiced woman answered. “What Emergency service do you require?”

“Police please.”

After a short exchange I was put through to the police. “Michigan State Police, how can I help you?” A woman asked.

“There has just been a hit and run shooting and- and-” I began stammering as the dying man beside me began to wheeze and claw at my arms as he tried helplessly to get up. Zach took the phone from my ear and continued to inform the lady of the incident. I could only watch as the man rested his eyes with no intention of opening them again.

After a short matter of time, the ambulances filed in one by one. There was a very ghostly silence as each victim was wheeled into the back of the ambulances, the doors shut with a noisy thud. The sirens wailed on and on until they faded in the distance. The street was closed off by the police, running police tape from across the street. Zach and I were ushered behind the barriers along with the ever building crowd and media frenzy.

Zach wrapped his arms around my waist as we watched more police cars roll in. I couldn’t show emotion, I couldn’t even look at Zach. “It’s okay… the mother was killed sniper style, it would have been extremely hard to prevent that sort of attack.” He said comfortingly.

“And what about the others… If we’d further checked the area out after the sniper attack - instead of running into the crowd - we could have seen the van coming and scared it off…” I interjected, furious with myself. I hated knowing that we could have saved eight lives today. There was a slim chance that those three survivors would make it through the night, that raised the total to fourteen deaths.

“Don’t beat yourself up about this… Tomorrow I want you to go to school. You need to take a bit of time off.” Zach said sternly.

“But-” I went to object, but Zach continued ignoring me.

“I will drive you there and throw you into your classroom if I have to. Just take one day off, just one day. Then come back, I’m sure Liam won’t try anything. He’ll most likely let things cool down for a day or two.”

I wasn’t convinced.

“Now go home and have lunch with your mom and her new boyfriend, and please, please be safe.” He gently turned me around and kissed me softly. I lost my train of thought and gave up all protest.

I pulled away breathing a soft laugh. “Okay, okay. Just one day of school… I don’t care about graduation. I just want to be with you, helping Rapture.”

I didn’t miss the flash of red heat his cheeks. “Now go have lunch, I’ll pick you up from your house tonight.”

I didn’t bother to ask why. Rapture business was always on the agenda. “Bye.” I whispered, kissing him gently and left him to watch the police car procession on his own.

~

It was like someone had hit pause right in the middle of an awkward silence. It seemed like it wouldn’t end.

I placed my fork and knife beside my place and folded my hands in my lap, the tightness in my stomach seemed impossible to relax.

“So William… How about to tell us what brought you to Detroit, where did you say you came from?” Mum said, trying to ease the tension.

William swallowed and set his fork and knife down. He fidgeted for a moment. “I moved here from Los Angelis.” He said his eyes shifty.

I couldn’t help but feel like things were repeating themselves, but repeating what exactly? “That’s where Liam used to study…” I mumbled, looking back down to my lunch.

“Is Liam your brother?” William asked, trying to sound indifferent.

“No.” I said loudly.

Mum was quick to correct me. “Well he is, but we adopted him so he is only her adoptive brother.”

William nodded forcing a tight smile if that’s what you would call it. My eyes narrowed. William seemed to notice my resistance to accept him but said nothing.

I didn’t like this man, I did not like him at all. The way he looked at me was creepy and the way his eyes were always guarded and how his body was always tensed wasn’t making things any easier.

Mum forced me to join them for some window shopping. They strolled hand in hand together while I trailed behind them wryly staring into shop windows.

To my utter shock Will was going to spend the night at my place. I breathed in through my nose and tried not to turn red in the face. Damn this William man, I wanted my real father. I wanted him back so bad.

I ran up to my room without a goodnight, I took my phone out of my pocket to dial Zach’s number. I was however interrupted by a knock at the door.

“Who is it?” I called, shaking my phone as if that would make it turn on faster.

The door opened a crack and a deep voice entered. “It’s Will, can I come in?”

No you can’t, I wanted to say. But with a heavy sigh I decided to give him a chance. “Okay, come in…”

“Thanks.” He smiled, striding into the room stopping only to stand awkwardly in the middle of the floor. He looked at me for a long moment then opened his mouth to speak. “Rhiannon I know you don’t like me all that much, but I think you should know that I really do love your mother.”

Was this man for real? Did he really think I honestly cared whether he loved my mother? You know who else loved my mother? My real dad did. “Okay.”

“Your mother wants me to move in, and I’ve agreed to do so. I just came here to tell you, even if you have a problem with me that’s bad luck. Because your mother loves me too and one day I will be your new father and you will have to damn well accept it.”

I was taken back by his sudden hostility. There was over one hundred things I could have screamed at him, one hundred things I could have done to him, horrific acts of insanity and hatred. But furious silence seemed more than appropriate, my eyes said enough.

“Get out.” I spat.

He locked his fingers together and nodded. “I’m sure we’ll become very close Rhiannon, you just need to take time to accept me.” With that said he left my room, closing the door gently behind him.

A growl was erupting in my throat. I grabbed my pillow and hurled it at the door. I quickly shoved my face into my other pillow to muffle my violent screams.

~

My eyes fluttered open. I’d fallen asleep. I felt dizzy so I pushed myself up from my bed slowly. I could hear the TV still on downstairs, and the light seeping through the cracks around my door. I slipped off my bed and landed on the floor, I groggily got to my feet and ambled down the hall and down the stairs.

“Mum?” I whispered, taking each step with care. There were voices coming from the kitchen. I peeked in through the door. Mum and Will were sitting on the stools by the bench, the tiny TV going unwatched as they talked in hushed voices.

“So Rhiannon has a boyfriend right?” William asked mom topping up her glass of wine.

Mum took a sip, nodding. “Yeah, she’s dating Zach Benson. He’s a lovely boy but...” Mum stopped there.

“But…?” Will prodded, running his finger in circles around the rim of his wine glass.

“But I’m just worried that Rhiannon’s getting into trouble because of him, sometime she doesn’t come home for days on end, and she doesn’t even call to tell me she’s okay. Then suddenly Zach’s car is in the driveway and she turns up at the front door. I just worry about her.” Mum explained, placing one hands under her chin.

Will’s concerned expression looked so put on. “Oh, that’s not good. I’d be very worried too, makes you wonder where they have been going doesn’t it…” He muttered nonchalantly.

Mum shrugged. “Yeah I guess it does…” She paused for a while, just thinking to herself. “Well I trust her and Zach is a great boy, he looks after her.”

I smiled wishing I could wrap my arms around mum and thank her for being so understanding. Then William just had ruin things.

“Don’t you think you should enforce a little more control with her, what if she gets into trouble?”

My jaw dropped.

“I guess you’re right, but how? She always finds a way around rules.” Mum seemed more amused with that fact than annoyed.

“Well if you like I could help you out with that? I’ll just explain things to her, ask her to be more mindful of her safety.

Mum simpered. “That would be lovely Will, thank you.” She kissed his cheek. “I’m off to bed, come up whenever you’re ready. Goodnight.”

I quickly scampered back up the stairs and jumped under the covers. I felt something hard digging into my ribs, I pulled it out to find my phone reading ‘1 New Message’.

You were asleep. I didn’t want to wake you. Don’t worry about the meeting.
Remember, go to school tomorrow.
Zach.

I smiled at the text and just about passed out at that very moment.

~

“Didn’t you just miss gym?” Tiarne laughed sarcastically as we both got changed in the locker rooms. Let’s get one thing straight, I hate gym. I’ve never been able to play a sport without falling over in my life and I cringed when I saw it on my timetable for today. I tied my shoe laces and Tiarne and I both walked out to join the class who were gearing up to play Basket Ball.

“Balker and Everton hurry up.” Coach Gerry shouted, waving us over. We jogged to the back of the horde of students. “We’re going to play some Basket Ball today. I’m going to split you up into four teams, two teams of boys and two teams of girls.”

Coach started calling out names and I found myself in the team with the super athletic people. At least that meant I wouldn’t have to do much work. My mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of loosing dad to William. My whole body was aching in a weird way. I felt like I could break down at any moment. I myself didn’t realize how hard I was trying to keep my mask up.

All of a sudden I was thrust into a full on game of basketball where the raging athletes of our gym class looked almost brutal as they fought to gain possession of the ball. The ball flew right into my stomach and I fell backwards onto my ass.

“Crap!” I yelped attempting to get up. The ball bounced onto the other court.

Tiarne ran over and helped me up. “You okay?” She asked.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I breathed trying to catch the breath that had been knocked out of me.

“Rhiannon, go get the other ball then I think you should sit on the sidelines for a bit.” Coach barked at me. I bit my lip regretting obeying Zach and coming to school today. I dragged my feet across the court and dodged the boy’s basketball team running around wildly yet so they still seemed to look coordinated.

There the ball was, stuck under one of the stadium seats. I bent over to pull it out.

“Rhi?” A voice queried.

My head snapped up. “Spencer!” I said cheerfully.

“Hey… What are you doing?”

I was confused but then I remember the basketball. “I’m just getting the basketball, it’s suck.” I pointed my finger at the ball still lodged under the seat.

He laughed and dislodged it with a bang of his fist. He rolled it onto his hand and spun in on one finger in front of me.

“How do you do that?” I wondered grabbing it off him.

“It’s easy. At least I can bounce a ball without tripping over.” He mocked, chuckling when my mouth became a little O. We both laughed softly till it became quiet. “Where have you been Rhi?” He asked looking up with his bright eyes, his head still tilted to the ground. “You haven’t been to school for ages… every time you come back you seem to have some sort of injury. I’m worried about you.”

I didn’t know what to say. I just gazed into his eyes for a long time. It was pretty sweet of him to care about me even though we hadn’t spoken very often. “I’ve been caught up in some things…” I hung my head low. It was a struggle to keep the barrier up as it was. My head was pounding and my hands were sweating.

He nodded very slowly as if he was expecting more. “Are you okay?” He bent down from the knees trying to see my eyes.

My bottom lip began to tremble as he tried to catch my sight. I brought my hands to my face quickly and the waterworks began. My whole body shook as I began crying.

Spencer placed his hands on my shoulders. “Hey, don’t cry.” He pleaded pulling me into a hug, holding me there tightly. I felt like a four year old again. “Come on, let’s go outside.” One arm still holding me to him he lead my out the back door of the gym and out towards the football fields. We stopped at some benches and sat down.

I didn’t want to burden him with my problems, but even thought I honestly wanted to stop crying, I couldn’t. He made no protest to my sobbing, he just held me tightly rubbing his hand up and down my arm soothingly. After at least ten minutes I sniffled loudly and wiped my eyes, taking a smudge of black with it.

“Are you alright.” He asked in a soft, gentle voice. The corners of his mouth were turned up slightly.

“Sorry.” I whispered, grabbing the hem of my gym shirt to wipe my eyes.

“Don’t apologize, its okay.” The moment became slightly awkward when he didn’t remove his arm from around me. “So would you like to tell me what’s wrong?” He quirked a brow.

I looked at Spencer. I’d know this boy nearly my whole life but only now did I realize what a nice guy he was, I wished I’d gotten to know him a long time ago. I wished I could tell him everything, I wanted to tell him everything but I knew I couldn’t. “I can’t…” I could see Spencer’s face drop. I didn’t want him to feel like I didn’t trust him, because I did. Was it weird that I trusted a boy I barely knew? “I just miss my dad… Mum’s got a new boyfriend and I’m just sick of everything.” That was true, but it wasn’t even half of my problems.

Spencer finally pulled his arm away. “I understand completely… Dad died last year, mum remarried a few months ago.” He sympathized, not meeting my eyes. “I hate my step dad, he’s an asshole. He acts like he loves us kids but then when mums not around he pretends were his slaves… or like we’re not even there.”

I suddenly felt like someone understood what I was going through. I couldn’t help but smile. Tiarne burst through the doors, head darting in all directions till she found the item of her search, me.

“I’m okay…” I assured her before she could ask the question I knew she would. She didn’t look convinced. I glowered and rose to meet her.. “Don’t worry about me… I’ll meet you by my car after gym class.” I told her, shoving her back to the gym door. Tiarne cared for me more than herself sometimes.

Once she was out of sight Spencer turned my back to himself. “I have to go.” Spencer informed me with an unhappy expression. “I have to get back to training, but I’ll see you again right? You aren’t going to disappear for a long time are you?” His eyes were eager yet pleading. I wanted to say I would see him again soon but with my new hectic life I had no idea when I would see him again.

“Yes, I’ll see you again…” I crossed my fingers behind my back with much regret. I hae lying, especially to him.

His smile dismissed all my worries. “Well goodbye then.”

I walked away, my head racing with many questions.

~

I walked to my bed and laid on my back, staring up at the ceiling from my bed. All I could think about was Zach. I wondered when he’d arrive. I’d stayed hiding in my room why mom and Will played kiss and cuddle downstairs.

I swore my head was red hot from all the fury – you could probably cook a head on it - but thoughts of Zach seemed to help me calm down.

I’m fairly sure I stayed lying on my bed, just staring at the roof, for over an hour. I didn’t need company, music or even anything in particular to look at. A raspy tapping brought me back down from my own little world.

“Rhiannon, can I come in?” Zach was already trying to pull the window open. I giggled and hurried over to open the latch. The window glided open easily and he ducked inside from the cold, it was already dark.

It felt like days since I’d last seen Zach, it made me realize how much time we spent together. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly, I refused to think of letting go. His arms slowly wrapped around my now cheerful figure.

“I missed you today.” He whispered in my ear, leaving it tingling with his lingering breath.

“I missed you too… School just bores me…” I got on my tiptoes and kissed him softly.
To this he responded with a loud laugh and swept me onto the bed. I giggled loudly. “Wait! Quite, mum and Will might have-”

Before I could finish my sentence the door was pushed open and hit the wall with a loud crash. Will followed by mum entered the room, Will with fists held high.

“Rhiannon what is going on?!” Mum shouted furiously. Zach jumped off the bed and backed over towards the window.

“Nothing, we weren’t going to-” I tried to speak but William was ready to but in.

“You, get the hell out of this house!” He bellowed at Zach who was actually shaking with fear. Wow, that was a first.

My face went red hot. “Don’t you dare speak to him like that! You not my father, I hate you!” I screamed, hitting my fists into my pillow.

William ignored me and advanced towards Zach looking ready to throw him out the window himself. I ran in between them. “Get away from him, get away!”

“Zach you should leave now! I forbid you to see Rhiannon from this day on, you will not visit her, you will not meet up with her, and I don’t ever want to see you around here again!”

I turned to mom hoping for some backup, how could she allow this dog to say this to my boyfriend? She bit her lip and shook her head before looking down. “Mum?! Mum, you can’t let him do this!” I was almost ready to run across and beg for mercy.

“I have to go Rhiannon.” He tried to leave over and touch my hand but William hit it away.

“Get out before I call the police!”

Zach glared at Will as he slowly slipped out the window. They could have at least let him use the door. “I love you Zach!” I called to him as I saw his dark shadow hit the floor. I only just made out his smile before he ran off and out of site.

William bounded out of the room passing mum who just stood in the doorway holding her face in her hands.

“Mum…” I whispered. “How… How could you do that to me?” My voice quivered, my throat felt dry. “Zach did nothing wrong, we weren’t going to-” I stopped as she begun to shake her heard.

“Rhiannon, this life of yours is getting out of control. I agree with Will, Zach is bad for you. I forbid you to see him. I’ll be buying lock for that window tomorrow.” She nodded her head at the still open window. “You can see him one last time tomorrow to explain things and tell him goodbye, then come straight home.”

She left me with nothing else.

My legs collapsed from under my just as the door shut and I sobbed into the floor. My whole body was shaking and trembling. I screamed and began thrashing violently.

William was a dead man. I would see to that.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe?

Thanks, Rose. Aka, MemoriesdonoJustice.