Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Disappearing Act

“Do you have to keep watching that…?” I asked quietly. Zach and I were cuddled up on the fold out sofa in his living room. He had the news on, my face all over it with the headlines reading ‘Local hero’. Then again on various channels there were reports of new killings – I guess while we’d been after Liam at the country club the rest of his gang had his other places too.

The death toll was now forty-two. I shivered.

“Sorry.” He said changing the channel. An old Elvis film came onto the screen.

I felt Zach’s eyes move from the movie to me in only seconds. I looked up at him. His eyes were full of concern.

I bit my lip. “This isn’t good I’m guessing?”

He shook his head. “Jeremy better hold up on his end of the deal, because if you’re name isn’t taken off that wanted list the cops are going to realize sooner or later that their ‘local hero’ is also wanted for threatening a civilian.”

“But I didn’t threa-” I butted in.

“I know you didn’t, they don’t.” He replied before his expression turned from concerned to serious. There was a long silence before Zach spoke. “I also need tell you something…”

My body tensed. “What about…?” I said my voice dropping to a whisper.

He shoved the blanket aside and jumped off the sofa. “It’s about William Fowler, your mom’s boyfriend.” He began to explain as his began shuffling through a pile of papers and folders on a table beside the TV.

“Fiancé,” I corrected.

Zach stiffened. “Well when you see this,” He held up a handful of papers. “You’re going to want to do everything to break them up.”

My heart began racing. “Show me.” I demanded eagerly.

He knelt beside the coffee table and spread out the handful of papers. I sat up and leaned forward assessing the various news articles and papers.

“Look here, William James Fowler went missing from his home on February third two years ago. Suspected abduction…” He tapped his finger to a picture beside the news article.

My eyebrows pulled together. “That isn’t the right William though?”

Zach nodded as we made eye contact. “I know, but wait till you see this.” He held up another article. “Nathan Fowler. Arrested for three counts of first degree murder,” My jaw dropped, my eyes widened. The eyes of ‘William’ glared back at me from the page. “Nathan Fowler disappeared the day before William James Fowler - his brother – disappeared. William Fowler was never seen again, dead or alive.”

“What does this mean…?” I said shakily.

“Someone was found dead, the real William Fowler. Your moms ‘William’ failed in his attempt to fake his death to escape his crimes.

My voice was lost in my throat for some time. Zach slid a news paper article and a photocopy of William Fowlers death certificate across the coffee table. I looked down. A big picture of the real William was slapped on the front page of the news paper I found it. “So you’re saying that Nathan Fowler the murderer killed his own brother in order to escape from the police?”

“He did a good job of killing him too, no pain, almost no evidence it was him. He was smart…” His eyes grew dark. “He was good…” Zach took a paper from another pile and handed it to me. “He’s involved with Liam. They’ve been doing each other ‘favors’ for quite a few years now.” My eyes scanned over the email, reading brief parts of Liam and William discussions over meeting places and small details of ‘jobs’.

My body shuddered involuntarily. “Mom...” I whispered. “I shouldn’t have left her alone.”

“I don’t mean to scare you but we have to get your mom out of that house, right now. Now that he thinks you’re gone for good, there’s nothing stopping him. Liam assigned William to a job that he began around the same time your mom and Will began dating. Liam and Will are working on this together.”

I already knew what he was implying. “I’ll ring mom.”

“Get dressed and meet me outside.” He said as he pulled on a jacket.

I took my phone from my bag and dialed home. It rang twice, four times, six, ten. No answer. Mom and dads’ voices played through the phone ‘Sorry we aren’t able to answer your call, please leave us a message and we’ll get back to you’. It stung my heart. Mom had forgotten to change the answering machine message. Yet I found it was comforting to hear my dads’ voice again.

There was a beep and I spoke quickly as I began pulling on a jumper. “Mom its Rhiannon, look I’m really sorry for leaving you but you need to listen to me. As soon as you get this message leave the house immediately! I mean it. Just do this for me please, I love you.” I hung up and raced out the door after Zach. His car was already starting up as I skidded along the gravel into my seat.

~

WILLIAM FOWLER - Point of View

A red light flickered in my peripheral vision. I looked across to the answering machine, one message.

“I’ll get dinner started.” Fiona said as she threw her coat over the sofa and drifted off to the kitchen.

“Okay darling.” I replied as I crept to the machine and hit the ‘play’ button. I quickly lowered the volume and listened closely. “Mom its Rhiannon, look I’m really sorry for leaving you but you need to listen to me. As soon as you get this message leave the house immediately! I mean it. Just do this for me please, I love you.”

My eyes narrowed. She knew.

“Any messages Will?”
I jumped slightly as Fiona’s voice from behind me. I hit delete and turned around.

“No Fee, I just checked.” I plastered on a fake smile, walked to her and pulled her into my arms. “Why don’t you finish dinner and I’ll set up things in here?” I suggested with a warm expression.

She nodded before getting on her tip toes to kiss me. My face turned sour with anger once she was gone. Her stupid daughter was probably on her way right now with god knows who. I needed to act quickly.

“Fee you know what, forget about cooking dinner, we’ll order take out. Just come in here.” I dimmed the lights and sat on the couch.

She popped her head through the door. “Are you sure?”

I nodded. “Come sit with me.” I patted the seat beside me and she came and sat. I took both her wrists gently. “Fiona I know you wanted to wait to get married, but what would you say if I wanted to get married right now?”

Her forehead creased. “Will… I love you but don’t you think that’s a bit sudden? Besides, I want to make things with Rhiannon right so she can be there to.”

I clenched my teeth together searching for patience. “But darling Rhiannon is grown up now, you shouldn’t let her influence you like this.” I said. My hands began tightening around her wrists. My heart was pounding and I couldn’t ignore the dagger pressed against my waist.

“I’m sorry Will but I don’t think it would be right to marry you right now, it seems like too much of a spur-of-the-moment thing…”

Rhiannon would be here any moment. The nerves were getting to me. My forehead felt warm and I could feel the moisture building. “But you have to stop listening to that daughter of yours. She controls you more than you control her.” My bottom lip jittered.

“Ouch, Will you’re hurting me.” I could feel her cringing, she tried to pull her arms away but I tightened my grip further. “Will you’re really hurting me, stop it!”

“Why can’t you just cooperate like everyone else did?” I shouted before releasing her wrists and shoving Fiona to the floor.

“William what are you doing?!” He held her hands up in fear.

“I need that money Fiona, I didn’t fucking kill my own brother to fail!” My voice boomed through the room.

“What on earth are you talking about, why are you doing this?” She asked. Fear was still strong in her eyes.

I pulled the dagger out and drew it from its case. Her blood curdling scream pierced the night. “Shut up, shut up!” I growled.

~

RHIANNON BARKER - Point of view

As we pulled up on the curb my eyes searched for mom but she wasn’t outside. Just as I got out of the car a loud scream came from the house. I ran straight across the lawn and started banging my fist violently against the door. “Mom, mom let me in!” I shouted. I searched for the key on top of the door frame but it was gone. I quickly grabbed a pot full of dry soil - one of moms failed gardening projects – and through it at the living room window.

As carefully as I could, I climbed through the glass and landed behind the three-seater. The room was dark and I could barely see a thing, but suddenly the lights flickered on and there was Will with mom tightly pressed against his body.

“Stay right there.” He pushed mom away from him. “Go stand with Rhiannon.” He waved his
gun over at me, mom cooperated.

“Did he hurt you?” I whispered as I hugged mom tightly. She shook her head before we both turned to Will.

“Liam won’t be happy… I didn’t seal the deal. You happy now…? I won’t get my fucking money anymore, and then I’ll be forced to live in bloody hell.” I wasn’t really sure what he was on about so I just stared at him contemplating what to do. “Do you have any idea how long it took me to build your brothers trust? That man put me through hell, made me do things I didn’t want to do. I did it all for the money and now I won’t even get it.”

I suddenly remember Zach. I knew he was probably planning something so I knew all I had to do was stall William. “Do things…? Like what?” I questioned.

“I’d had a bloody past, killed a few people. C’mon I wasn’t that heartless, I didn’t want to continue murdering innocent people I had nothing against.” He explained as he pinched the bridge of his nose, expression full of regret.

“Then why do it, why do you need the money so badly?”

“I’m wanted for four counts of murder – more now – I needed money to get out of the country, stay out of the public eye, but now…”

I started nodding as I began to understand. “…but now you’re in too deep.”

“Exactly,” He said in agreement. His eyes trailed to the ground, before he began fiddling with his gun. I could see how he was trying to regain focus. “It’s not too late to make things right…” He whispered as he looked up with a menacing look. “I kill you both it will save Liam allot of trouble.”

My eyes widened at his thoughts. “Wait William don’t do this, we’re his family he wouldn’t want this!” I begged as moms arm tightened around mine.

He started laughing, louder and louder. “But I have to, sorry… nothing personal.” His held is weapon up, ferocity in his eyes. I wrapped my arms around mom tightly and shut my eyes, squeezing them tightly together. I wasn’t afraid to die, I just didn’t want too.

There was a loud grunt and an echoing thud. My eyes popped open.

“Run!” Zach said his voice straining. He fought angrily to pull the gun from William’s hands they wrestled on the ground.

The trigger clicked. “Dive mom!” I screamed as I tackled her backwards onto the couch. The bullet hurdled into the wall above us.

“Get behind the couch!” Zach shouted. I could see the gun was slipping from Will’s hands but he just held on, trying to pull the trigger. I took mom by the arm and lead her behind the couch. Shots kept firing in our direction. Mom held her head in between her legs until there was a silence before a clattering of metal against the floorboards. I peeked over the sofa to see the gun out of Will’s hands.

I exhaled with relief. “Get off him!” I got off my ass and jumped over the couch to where Zach and Will were wrestling on the floor. There was an almost cracking sound as Zach threw a punch at Wills nose.

“Shit!” He groaned releasing his grip before his head smacked back into the floor from the impact.

Zach backed away in a crouch, his hand searching for a gun.

Williams hand suddenly wrapped around my ankle, I tried to kick it away but he wouldn’t let go. “Get off you freak!” Before Zach could take action a shadow came out from behind the couch.

Moms face said everything. William was already in her past.

“I told you…” I whispered my bottom lip shaking

Mom slowly bent down to pick up Williams’ gun that was at her feet. I reached out to take it from her but she pulled her hand away as she shook her head. “It’s my fault, I’ll deal with it.”

She held the gun up right in front of his chest. “Get the hell out of my house…” She began in a small voice, there was a short pause. Gaining confidence she stabbed the gun into his heart. “And stay the hell away from my family!”

William glared up at my mother before his eyes met mine. “You’re an idiot if you think you can take us on…” He got up from the floor, dusting himself off. We followed him at gunpoint to the door.

“You didn’t finish the job… Liam won’t need you anymore.” I said as I help my hand out in front of him, stopping him from leaving just yet.

He glared at me, as he reached for the handle I quickly slapped his hand away. “Give me your phone.” I ordered holding my hand out. He eyes were smoldering, he looked just about ready to butcher me. William plunged his hands into his pockets till he found his phone, it took a bit of persuasion from the gun jabbing into his back, but finally he shoved the phone into my hands before opening the door and running across our front yard. Zach ran to the sidewalk to watch him flee.

There was a bang behind me as mum threw the gun into the corner of the room, there seemed to be a soft chattering sound from her mouth, it was then that I realized she was shaking.

“I’m so sorry mom.” I wrapped my arms around her. Tears were streaming down her face. It felt so different to be the one comforting her. All my life my mom had been the one watching out for me and now I felt like it was my turn to look after her. With Liam’s growing gang walking the city no one felt safe anymore. In less than a fortnight forty-two people had been murdered, it was all over the news. The message was out. Stay in your homes or face death.

“Mom you can’t stay here anymore, not alone…” I said, feeling as if this news would break her heart. Of course at a time where everything seemed so unfamiliar, mom would want to be somewhere she knew well, some place she felt at home. “The neighbors will call the police, I’m sure someone heard the dispute…”

She sniffled loudly. “If I have to leave… I will.” She concurred with a rub over her puffy eyes.

“C’mon, let’s get your things packed and go.” I put my arm around mom and helped her onto her feet. She gathered all her important belongings, including a few photo albums, birth certificates, important documents, so much that I wondered if she’d stop before the whole house was packed in to her bag. Tucking in the last pairs of clothing mom finally zipped up her three bags, with the help of me and Zach we carried them all down the stairs, out the door and into the car.

“Don’t forget to lock the door.” Mom said throwing me the keys.

I caught them one handed and walked back to the front door and locked door. My eyes almost missed a thick envelope tucked behind the flower pots messily arranged beside the door. I turned around, my eyes darting everywhere in search of anyone who might have left it there. Slowly and cautiously I bent down and picked up the large manila envelope.

Written in lovely cursive writing were the words, ‘Rhiannon Balker’. I quickly dug my finger underneath the seal and ripped the envelope open. Inside was a thick pile of papers, I slid them out. On top of the pile was a small note, also written in the same curly cursive writing.

This is for Rapture, keep this information safe.
Jeremy Blackwood.

I only had to glance at the first paper to know what they were all in reference to. A criminal profile of Liam took up the first page, a sketch of what he was presumed to look like in the top left corner. It looked a lot like Liam, though the artist had drawn his jaw a little too wide, his eyes only slightly too close together, his lips weren’t just right either, but it still resembled him well.

“Are you coming Rhi?!” Zach called, slamming the boot shut.

I turned and smiled at him. “Yeah I’m coming, and you’ll never guess what Jeremy left us!”

Zach looked puzzled for a moment but he soon caught on. “Holy shit, really? Well let’s find your mom a safe place to stay so we can show the others!” Zach literally ran and dived into his seat. I yanked the key out of the locked door and sprinted across the front yard to the Camero.

Mom was sitting in the back seat, staring back at the house. I watched her full of regret, I hated how everything I did seemed to hurt her.

“Where should we take mom?” I asked Zach looking at the road over the dashboard.

Zach was silent in thought for a second. “Our best bet of keeping her save is a big hotel in the city. Liam would never track her down in a huge place like that.”

“Good idea.” I agreed. Mom didn’t say anything. I don’t even think she’d been listening.

~

We decided to show the files to Aaron first. Zach called Aaron and arranged to meet him at the City Library.

Zach and I both sat near the back of the fiction section on some couches waiting for Aaron to arrive. Neither of us had pulled together enough confidence to open the envelope and read our personal files yet. I could already feel the intensity Zach was feeling crowding us slowly. A figure approached us from between the book shelves towering to the ceiling.

“Zach, Rhiannon, what’s up?” He said greeting us with a slight smile as he sat on the chocolate brown couch opposite us. No words were required. I slowly took the manila envelope from my lap and held it out for Aaron to take. His eyes narrowed first to the envelope then at both Zach and I. “What is this?” He questioned hesitantly taking it.

“Remember Jeremy’s promise to us, to give us the information we’ve wanted for years?” Zach begun, Aaron signaled his understanding with only eye contact. “He didn’t lie, you’re holding that information in your hands right now…”

A spark of sudden interest twitched in his eyes. Without even looking down, he slid his hand under the envelope flap and pulled out the papers. He too read the little note in Jeremy’s cursive writing and read over the first page quickly. He cleared his throat before speaking. “I think we three should be the first to read our files. We’ll meet with the others tonight and give them theirs, agreed?”

“Agreed,” We said in unison.

Aarons shaking fingers shuffled through the pages, pulling out a chunk and handing it to Zach, then pulling out another for himself. I glanced over at Zach’s. A photo of his parents was on the first page along with their personal details.

“Your dad’s case…” Aaron said quietly holding forth a small pile.

My throat dried up like a lake in the middle of drought. I was suddenly scared of what I would find. A shiver ran through my bones, goose bumps rising on my skin. I felt like my brain was burning, I let the pile drop to the floor. “I c-can’t read it” I said stuttering. “… I don’t want to either.”

Both of them looked up questioningly. “Why…?” Zach asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. “My dad’s dead,” I shocked myself with how easily I could
now admit that. I continued. “I understand why you and everyone else would want to know more about your family’s cases, but personally I just want to leave my fathers’ memory alone…”

Aaron nodded sympathetically. Zach stared at me with understanding for a few seconds before both their eyes trailed back to their papers.

I patiently waited for them to finish reading, five minutes, ten, fifteen, and twenty… Suddenly Zach slapped his pile into the couch beside him. Aaron shoved his back onto the pile, took mine off the floor and slipped them back into the envelope.

“Is something wrong…?” I whispered, puzzling myself with why I felt the need to whisper. I had to confess, I was a little scared with both their reactions.

Zach handed his pile to Aaron who sealed the envelope and hugged it to his side tightly as he stood up. “No everything is fine…” He seconded that with a small crooked smile which made my heart tingle.

“I’m going to make some calls, call in some favors… I’ll try my best to convince some of the guys to come back…” There was a silent exchange between Zach and Aaron before Zach abruptly looked down, his mouth scrunched up unhappily. “I’m going to call Kimberly…”

Zach began talking over Aaron as he tried to continue. “No, no you’re not. You know that’s not an option.” I sat there completely left out. Yet again there were still things I didn’t know, things I wasn’t a part of. My heart sunk.

“Look Zach you can’t hide things like this. We need help, and I’m not compromising our chances of success because of your own pride…” I didn’t miss him glance my way for a split second.

Zach’s secret was bubbling on the end of his tongue. I could see there was something he was hiding. More stupid secrets… “It is not an option…” He repeated firmly, head down buy eyes fixed up at Aaron.

Aaron stuck his finger at Zach, leaning down to his level. “That is not your decision, I’m making the call.” He hissed harshly, his eyes burned with authority for a moment. Zach knew he couldn’t challenge, he sat silently. “If it’s going to be a problem sort things out before she gets here…”

Kimberly…? She…? Oh god.

I choked down my questions and accusations with a shaky swallow.

“We’ll all meet at your place tomorrow night, eight o’clock. Be ready by then.” No more was said. Aaron dropped the envelope into Zach’s lap. With a smile and a nod my way he left.

“Who’s Kimberly?” I asked, my insides wincing with fear of the answer.

He stood up and held his hand out with a blank expression. “I’ll tell you when we get home.” I took his hand and hugged myself to his body. I smiled widely, ‘When we get home’. We, home… He said it like it was our home. Enough said.

~

The car ride home was an awkward one. I knew he was waiting to tell me at home because he didn’t want to cause a scene. Did he really think I’d be that dramatic over whatever he was planning to tell me?

I closed my eyes and leaned against the window, my eyes feeling heavy from exhaustion. It wasn’t even five pm yet and I already felt like I was going to collapse. I only woke from my half consciousness when my ears were met with the sharp crunching of gravel beneath the car wheels. Zach gently shook my shoulder. My eyes fluttered open with some effort.

“Let’s go inside,” He said softly. He got out and walked around to my door and opened it for me as I yawned and rubbed my eyes sleepily. “Do you want me to carry to or can you walk.” I could see a cute little smirk cross his face.

“I’ll walk,” I got up and shut the car door behind me, taking Zach’s cold hand firmly. Once inside, I immediately grabbed my pillow off the sofa - still left in a mess from this morning – and sat down, stuffing the pillow on my lap. Zach turned on the heating and sat beside me, he didn’t turn to me, though I was looking attentively at him, waiting for him to explain everything.

“Did you date other guys before me?” Zach suddenly asked, turning abruptly to meet my expectancy.

I bit my lip, a tad bit startled before answering. “Well… yeah I did.” I confessed with a shrug.

“Kimberly, she’s my one and only ex girlfriend.”

My body slumped when he said girlfriend. “Oh… so that’s why you were all touchy when Aaron brought her up.” I said, nodding as I began to understand. I guess it had been stupid of me to think that Zach had never dated other girls before - another girl I should say - I mean I myself had, had a colorful dating history. Still a tiny drop of hurt pumped through my veins making my body seem all stiff and ridged.

“We dated for a few years, back when I lived in Washington most of the time, back when Rapture was still a very small group…” My eyes widened when he said they had dated for ‘years’.

I took a deep breath. I didn’t really like the subject much. “How long had you guys known each other…?”

His eyes were guarded when he looked to me with reluctance. I stared the answer out of him though I wondered if I actually wanted to know. “We’d been best friends since we were both little kids, I guess when we got older it became more than just friendship.”

Kimberly was Zach’s only former girlfriend, they’d be best friends. She’d been the one for him through the loss of his parents. I was jealous, and I couldn’t deny it. Though it was hurting me I wanted to know more. “What changed…?” I asked in a whisper. The sun was dipping behind the horizon, the trees casting long shadows over the house. The mood it set was so serene.

“She left Rapture - like Damien she wanted to give up on finding Liam - I didn’t, we fought over it so we ended it there…”

“Just like that…?”

“Just like that…” He echoed. “Well I didn’t expect to her stay, she was only with the gang because of me.”

“So she has no connection to Liam?” Zach shook his head. Another long hush came over us until I asked. “Do you miss her?”

To my surprise – and I’ll admit, pleasure – he laughed. “We had a good relationship, but we never really clicked properly…” I could tell he was watching my blank expression but I couldn’t pull myself together quickly enough to hide my distant to this Kimberly girl. “But now I’ve got you, and I couldn’t be happier with anyone else.” He ran his hand down my arm and pulled me close, kissing my head. As much as it seemed like Zach was completely over her I couldn’t help but wonder what Kimberly would think. Did she know Zach was with someone else now? Did she know about me? Did she think her and Zach still had something? I pondered over the thought as the long silence dragged on.

I decided to ask Zach. “Do you think she’ll be surprised to find out about you and me?”

Zach chuckled softly. “I made it clear we were over two years ago, I’m sure she wouldn’t be surprised to see after all this time that I’ve moved on…” He replied sensing my insecurity over it. “Don’t worry, you have absolutely no competition.”

I couldn’t help but smile fondly at him. He always knew just what to say to make my smile.
Craning my neck up I kissed his lips tenderly knowing the feeling that buzzed through my body was really love. Life would mean almost nothing without him.

“Your graduation is coming up really soon.” Zach said, still keeping his arm around my waist.

“I know what you’re going to say…” I groaned.

“Once we get some others to help out I’m sure it’ll be fine if you go back to school for the next week to get ready for graduation.”

I sighed. “Yeah I guess you’re right, I have to at least graduate, I worked hard and spent so many years at school I should at least finish…”

“I’ll drive you there tomorrow if you like?” Zach suggested with a smile.

“That’d be great.” I pecked him on the cheek. My stomach rumbling ruined the moment. I grimaced while Zach just laughed loudly.

He jumped off the couch. “I’m sorry I should really get us some dinner. Do you want to order take out?”

“Yeah sure,” I said, not fussed.

We settled on a simple box of pizza. Cuddled on the soda just flicking through the channels for a movie to watch, we ate contently. Things felt normal weirdly enough, this was the typical sort of thing a couple like us would do on a date night.

“I feel kind of bad…” He said, finishing off his mouth full.

I frowned. “Why?”

He looked embarrassed. “I should take you out somewhere all fancy, treat you to something better. I mean look at us… eating pizza from a box on my sofa. You deserve something more… I don’t know, romantic.”

I ogled at Zach, his cute messy hair, his beautiful hazel eyes and his perfect heart melting smile. “Zach this may sound cheesy but, even if we were eating noodles out of a cup in a dumpster I wouldn’t care, I just like being with you.” Zach ogled back down at me with a grin slowly spreading across his face. I could feel my cheeks going red like two shinny tomatoes. I looked down trying to hide my face.

He hugged me close. “I love you.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too.” I mumbled in reply, still too shy to meet his eyes. His finger took my chin and slowly tilted my head upwards as he kissed me again, this time with more intensity. I’m a girl, he’s a boy. I couldn’t help but get caught up in the moment...

Zach’s hand wrapped around my waist, I slowly took his face in my hands and straddled him still keeping up the fiery kiss neither one of us had broken. It seemed to go on forever as my hands ran through his already messy hair and his ran up and down my waist gently.

My lips were warm and sweet with the taste of his. My hands trailed down his chest, it wasn’t long before they found the hem of his shirt. I slipped it over his head, throwing it to the floor. I couldn’t think straight, my heart was racing at a million miles an hour as Zach’s lips found the side of my neck. He fell onto his back, taking me with him. I pulled off my shirt and immediately jumped back into our passionate kiss, but as Zach’s hands moved for my pants, and mine for his I suddenly stopped. Both our chests heaving, I stared into Zach’s eyes, his eyes smoldered back.

“I-I’m sorry…” I whispered, hopping of him. I couldn’t help but take a quick peek at his body. Who could blame me for doing what I did? I pulled my knees to my chest – feeling self conscious half naked - and sat quietly on the edge of the sofa.

Zach sat up, still trying to catch his breath. “For what…?” He breathed with a baffled look on his face. I didn’t say anything. “Look Rhi I would never force you to do anything if you don’t want to…”

I knew he was jumping to conclusions. “It’s not that I don’t want to, I just… I just didn’t picture it like this.” I said feeling stupid that I was even telling him this.

“Oh…” Zach actually looked like he understood. “It’s okay, you’re right. You deserve romance, I’m sorry.” He scooted over and wrapped one arm around me.

I laughed not only to lighten the mood, but because I wished he wasn’t sorry, because I wasn’t.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Teenagers these days.. with their sex and badass gun wielding ways, tsk tsk ;)

Thanks, Rose. Aka, MemoriesdonoJustice.