Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Gate Crashing

I woke with a start, the air was dry like hot sand floated around in its midst. I was in a bed, I already knew that. What shocked me to the point of screaming that I was naked. I slowly turned my head to see Zach’s arm around my shoulder then up at the white walls of our hotel bedroom.

I exhaled sinking into relaxation as I smiled, remembering the previous night.

I eyed my clothes and Scarlett’s loaned lingerie scattered across the floor, then the complimentary fluffy bathrobe draped across the armchair in the corner of the room. As I gently slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Zach, I wondered if Tiarne and Luke were awake or if they’d even made it home yet. Anxious to not be butt naked for a second longer, I grabbed the robe and hurriedly slipped it on. Looking back I knew Zach was still fast asleep so I left the room to get some coffee.

“How was last night?” Tiarne asked as she jumped out from behind the kitchen bench.

“Tiarne, what the hell were you doing hiding behind there!” I said jumpily.

She smirked. “Seems you two left something behind last night…” She held up Zach’s shirt and a pair or frilly black panties, dancing around with them.

I went as red as a tomato. “Fuck off okay.” I grumbled, hitting the clothes away and reaching for the coffee pot.

“Aren’t you at least going to tell me how things went?”

I turned around and grimaced at her. “I don’t want to discuss these things right now alright?”

“Fine, fine…”

At least she dropped it unlike Scarlett who would’ve pressed it for the rest of the morning. “So how was your night?”

She smiled. “So much fun, you should’ve come. We found the best eighteen and over club not far from here.”

“I had better things to do.” I said with a wink.

She laughed loudly. “Of course you did…”

“So where’s Luke?”

“Still asleep...”

I nodded pouring two cups of coffee. “I’ll talk to you in a bit.” I hugged Tiarne truly happy to be spending time with her after all this time. “I’m glad you’re here…”

“Yeah, me too...” She agreed, looking up with a smile.

I took the two coffee mugs and went back to the bedroom where Zach was still asleep. I put a mug on the table beside him then slowly got back into bed. Without warning he rolled onto his side, eyes popping open. “Morning,”

“Hey.” I replied, turning onto my side smiling.

He wrapped his arms around me and embraced me tightly. Nestling his face in my hair he spoke. “How about we all go down the beach today?”

After yesterday afternoon, running around in the water with Tiarne I was eager to go back again. “Sounds good…” I whispered back.

~

Dressed in my bikini for the first time in quite a while, I felt amazing. The sun scorched my pinking skin even as I rubbed tones and tones of sunscreen on. Zach and the other boys were already in the water, going crazy. I laughed watching them pushing and shoving as they waded further out.

“Let’s get out there.” I encouraged, grabbing the arms of anyone I could find. The girls and I rushed to the waters’ edge, dodging the other beach goers till we reached the boys who were up to their chests in water.

I swayed back and forth, just going with the flow of the ocean.

Suddenly two arms wrapped around me from behind. It was Zach.

“You know I love you yeah?” He asked, kissing my cheek.

I breathed a laugh. “Yes, and you know I love you back…?” He laughed too and hugged me tighter. Nothing more needed to be said so I remained quiet.

The next two days were spent on the beach, walking down the board walks, window shopping, soaking up the sun and floating in the water that was always there for us without fail. Unfortunately we’d had to leave the amazing sea side hotel and settle for a motel further into the city near the port and close to the almost empty side of the LA River.

But despite that, I could honestly say Zach and I hadn’t been closer. All this time together without Liam problems has given us a chance to see one another in a different light, a brighter more joyful light.

So here we all were. Fourth day in California and things were going perfectly. As usual we were all walking along the sand thinking out loud to one another about what to do today and what we would do tonight. As I listened to the others calling out random ideas like shopping, jet skiing and fishing, I doubted the possibility this holiday could remain as perfect as it was.

Knowing my luck there was something bad not far behind. There’s times when I truly believe no one has worse luck than my friends and I. Sometimes I think those supposedly coincidental moments are really just my bad luck springing up on me, trying to remind me that nothing perfect lasts.

My California holiday and that of my boyfriend and closest friends were about to deteriorate into nothing.

We went back to the hotel to change, we’d decided upon fishing for the day. I guess I knew deep down that something was up when Jeremy’s name popped up on caller ID. He’d promised to call if anything on Liam came up while we were away.

“Jeremy?”

“Rhiannon I’m sorry to interrupt your holiday but I have bad news for you and your friends,” That was the moment I knew the holiday was over, I could feel it. The way he spoke, his tone was grave. “Could you put me on loudspeaker, and please get everyone together, this is something you all need to hear…”

“Okay…” I whispered feeling sick in my stomach. Why the fuck did bad luck have to catch up with me now?

“Zach could you go get the others from their rooms and tell them to come here…? It’s urgent.” He looked up at me puzzled but left immediately sensing my anxiety. They all gathered in our small hotel room and watched me curiously.

“I’m putting you on loudspeaker now.” I said to Jeremy before hitting loudspeaker and setting the phone down on the coffee table.

“Hello everybody, sorry to bother you on your holiday but this is urgent. Liam has left Hawaii…”

“Wait, is he back in Michigan?” Aaron asked.

“No, and this is the problem. My sources have informed me that he, his girlfriend and various members of his gang have arrived in Los Angeles.”

A growl was rumbling deeply in Aaron’s chest. “Are you fucking serious? That bastard ruins everything.”

“How did he know we were here?” Scarlett asked, frowning as if she refused to believe it was the truth.

“Just listen to me... I don’t think Liam is there for you, I don’t think he even knows you are there. Something else has motivated him to leave Hawaii and travel there instead. Firstly do any of you have any idea why he’d want to travel to Los Angeles?”

Aaron’s hands were balled into fists. “I don’t know and I don’t care. We were all starting to forget about that shit for a while and now this!”

“Aaron calm down.” Julia interjected, holding him back by placing her hand on his chest.
Then I remembered something mom had told me a long time ago, about Liam’s real dad…

“Your father got a call from Liam’s dad later that evening saying that he was leaving Liam with us and that he was going to Los Angeles, California. He was going to work at a boarding school over there as a teacher."

My eyes widened. “His dad lives and works here in L.A.” I swallowed trying to remember if mom had said anything more specific. “Yes… his real, biological father works at a boarding school here in Los Angeles…”

“Maybe he’s here to see his dad, maybe his dad is helping him hide from the police…” Jeremy said, thinking aloud.

I shook my head. “Liam hated and still does hate his dad, very much…” Everyone was looking at me with no sense of understanding. They hadn’t been there when mom had explained some of Liam’s past. “Well when I asked my mom about Liam’s past she told me that my family had been close friends with his, and that his parents were very wealthy. His mom committed suicide after looking-after Liam became too much. His dad couldn’t do it alone, he’d abused Liam… He left him on my parents’ doorstep when he was only eleven, that’s when my parents adopted him.”

“Is that why he kills wealthy American icons?” Aaron seemed bewildered by the idea.

I shrugged. “I’m not completely sure, but it seems like it… He hates his dad for the way he treated him and how he abandoned him, maybe he killed your families to make you feel what he felt…”

“That’s fucking bullshit, how could that freak do that to us, we did nothing to him! Yes he had a hard childhood but that’s no reason to take it out on families who’ve done nothing to hurt him in any way. That fucking sadistic, low life should die for what he’s done.” Aaron kicked the coffee table over in his anger.

I didn’t try to restrain him. Zach too looked infuriated, I knew he was struggling to hold back. They had every right to be upset, who could blame then anyway? Liam killed their innocent families with nothing to hold against them. That was low.

I picked up my cell and held it up again. “Jeremy what do we do?”

“I’m flying to Los Angeles tonight with my daughter, I want to be with you kids so I can help and provide any assistance possible.”

Everyone listening nodded to each other, pleased we’d have some sort of help. “Is there anything we can do before you get here?” I asked.

There was silence as Jeremy thought. “Well I’ll be arriving tonight at around ten so you have the whole day to investigate. I’ll see if I can find some information before I leave but if you kids can find out about his dad and where he might work that would be great.”

“Alright, we’ll see what we can do.”

We gave Jeremy our motel details and we’d be ready and waiting here when he arrived.
“We’re going to need a phone book.” I said, now completely focused on Liam - yet again. I’d been so close to forgetting him for the week but I couldn’t turn a blind eye now. Liam was up to something here in L.A. and I wasn’t going to let him hurt any more people.

Zach grabbed my wrist and pulled me aside. “You don’t have to do this you know, it’s our holiday…”

“I know Zach… but this is bigger than our holiday, this is our chance to get Liam and help people.” I stared into his hazel eyes apologetically. I didn’t want this to ruin our holiday but we couldn’t avoid it.

Marcus and Luke went in search of a phone book downstairs and came back with a few selections. Everybody helped out, searching the phone books and lists of businesses under the name Georgia Stafford.

I wondered if Liam would react if I called him Liam Stafford, would he remember?

“I think I’ve found him!” Mitch exclaimed. Everybody crowded around him and peered onto the page.

George Stafford’s name was printed there clearly.

I guess it’s time to meet Liam’s daddy.

~

There is a school on the outskirts of L.A. It is a boarding school of high class where students from all over the country and from Canada, Australia and Europe flock to study. Liam’s real father was once quite wealthy, I guess it wasn’t a huge surprise to see he’d found a job at such a prestigious boarding school.

There were two campuses separated by a vast garden and a hedge maze, a senior and a junior campus, both huge Victorian buildings with modern extensions hidden at their sides.

Let’s just say McGinnis Academy was huge and located on the rolling hills overlooking the ocean in the distance. Forget the palm trees and sand, McGinnis Academy was surrounded by tall pine trees and its own ocean, of perfect green grass.

Marcus drove us into the parking lot beside the senior campus. As our unfamiliar car stopped the eyes of the surrounding students all fell upon us.

Zach helped me out of the SUV - Scar and I had rented two motorcycles that were waiting to be ridden back at the motel, but the others insisted we come in the car so as to blend in more with the ‘McGinnis Academy’s style’. “Where do we start?” Zach asked, scanning the area.

“Why don’t we all split up and ask around, someone’s bound to know him.” We all split up in pairs to search the senior campus. Zach and I headed straight for the main office.

“Can I help you two?” A lady sitting behind a computer at the reception desk asked. She wasn’t very tall and quite fat with short blonde hair, bright red lipstick and lavender colored eye shadow on. A pair of glasses rested on her nose.

“We’re looking for a teacher who works here, George Stafford… I think he is an English teacher?”

Her fingers strummed along the keyboard a few times before she looked up from behind her glasses. “Ah yes Mr. Stafford is currently teaching a class in building B.”

I nodded a bit confused as to why she didn’t give us a room number but I pulled Zach away from the desk. “Don’t worry, I’ll probably recognize him.” We searched the main building for building B but ended up heading out the back and across the garden past many curious eyes as the bell rang and kids began filing out of each building. “There’s building B.” I said pointing to another Victorian style building not far away, with a large sign reading ‘B’. We crossed the school grounds quickly, trying to get past the hoards of kids quickly.

“What room?” Zach asked, eyes flickering to the room numbers above each door once we’d entered the building.

“The lady didn’t tell me any room number, let’s just go down the hall and check each room.” Quietly, we checked each room down the corridor. When we found no one who shared any resemblance to Liam we tried the second floor.

The first room on the second floor we checked, we found a young teacher – a lady with beautiful red hair. But coming to the second room I was almost permanently stunned. He wasn’t very young, but not very old either, forty or so I guessed. His hair was literally the same color as Liam’s and he shared the light blue eyes Liam also had, yet what shocked me most was his face shape and features. Nose curved on the same angle, cheekbones the same height. This man only had more creases in his skin.

I stood in the doorway of the classroom frozen, a few kids passed Zach and I then finally the classroom was empty.

The man looked up from placing some papers into a bag. “Did you need something guys…?” He asked, sliding the last of his papers into the pocket of his bag.

“Are you Georgia Stafford?” I spoke so softly I was sure he hadn’t heard me.

Zach took my hand and towed me into the classroom. “Sorry she’s just tired… She asked if you’re George Stafford.”

His eyes became guarded. “Yes I am… What is this about?”

“You’re my adopted brothers’ dad and I just wanted to let you know he is most likely here in Los Angeles to kill you.” I could’ve said - if I was going to be blatantly honest – but I was trying not to hurt people. What could I say though? There was a long awkward silence as my brain and heart had a heated argument over whether to tell him who I was or be harsh and ask him straight up if he remembered Liam.

I had a strong heart.

“My name is Rhiannon Barker.” I said slowly, watching as his eyes widened for a second. Zach stiffened, unsure of what I was up to.

“What can I help you with Miss Baker?” He kept his head down as he slung his bag strap over his shoulder, tapping his foot impatiently at me. “I am just a little busy and I’d quite like to get lunch before my next class so could we make this quick?”

So that’s where Liam’s hostility came from…

“Do you know who I am…?” I asked.

He scoffed. “You just said your name was Rhiannon Barker.”

I shook my head, sick of people giving me this crap, treating me like I was an idiot, oblivious to my own actions. I laughed flatly. “Don’t lie to my face Mr. Stafford. You know my parents.”

He glared at me. “Listen here girl. It has taken me years to build up a new life for myself, to earn myself a good reputation and I’ve worked so hard to get a great job like this. Don’t bring up my and don’t you dare ruin it.” He pushed past Zach and headed for the door.

My body tingled in irritation so I let my legs do what they wanted to do. Follow him. “What is your problem? You leave your only son on my parents’ doorsteps, leaving him hurt and abandoned, not to mention you never had the decency to call him or write to him, at least you could’ve apologized to him and given him a simple explanation!” I shouted down the hallway as he walked even faster out building B’s door. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t standing up for Liam but no one could deny that Liam had a good reason to hate his dad.

George kept turning his head back - as he walked quickly through the school grounds -checking to see if we’d stopped following him.

“Maybe we should just leave him alone?” Zach said, putting a restraining hand on my arm.

I shook out of his grip. “I need to do this Zach.” I stalked after George as he tried to escape into a cluster of trees near a large football field, like the one at my own school. “Can you please stop and listen to me! I’m not here to ruin your new life, I need your help, please.”

Suddenly George stopped. It took him a long time to build up the courage and turn around, but he finally did. “Fine, if you promise to leave me alone after this. I’ll give you five minutes, no more.”

I smiled slightly but got straight to it. “Why did you abandon Liam?”

He sighed, dropping his bag on the ground. “I know what I did was harsh, but I’d been a business man my whole life and when Linda died I needed a fresh start desperately.” He put one arm on the trunk of the tree beside him, steadying himself.

“I’m his sister you know? All the years I lived with Liam he never once spoke about you, when I found out he was adopted I asked but he got upset every time. You never tried to contact him either… Didn’t you think he deserved an explanation?” Sympathy for Liam was seeping in. I clenched my fists.

A husky whimper escaped Georges’ lips. “Don’t do this to me, don’t hold that against me. This may sound cruel but we didn’t plan to have him, and it was so god damn hard trying to raise that boy on top of my career, as well as Linda’s.” His scrunched his face in pain. “I tried bloody hard to keep it together when Linda was gone but I couldn’t and I’m glad your family adopted Liam. I’m sure he’s a good boy now, unlike what he would’ve become if I’d raised him.”

Oh the irony.

I laughed to the sky then looked back at Zach who was shaking his head with a smirk. He was thinking what I was thinking.

“You’re so wrong in many ways.” I held his gaze firmly. “You basically ruined his world when you abandoned him…”

His hands became fists. “Stop using that word, ‘abandoned’… I did not abandon him.”
“Wrong again.” I said, eyes narrowing. “I would tell you what he’s like now, what he’s become but I’m going to save you the torture because I’m sure if you heard it you would agree with me when I say that this could’ve been prevented if you hadn’t been so fucking selfish.”

His face flashed red. “Stop fucking blaming me for this, just stop!” He shouted stepping towards me. Zach immediately stepped in and took a stance in front of me, his hand hovering in between himself and George.

I checked to see if anyone had heard, no one seemed to be looking. “George, Liam is a bad, bad person now. He was really hurt when you left him. He was hurt so bad the feeling was imbedded in his life forever.”

“Why are you telling me this?” George asked.

I bit my lip and looked to Zach who was staring at me with wide eyes. I was lost for words but I had to George him something. “Because Liam is looking for you,” No need to tell him why just yet. “…and he’s going to want answers when he finds you. Remember, I mean it when I say Liam is a bad person now.”

As a gust of wind blew in from the coast, so did a silence. George couldn’t take his eyes away from mine. He was confused, hurt, worried… “I can’t see Liam anymore Rhiannon, I have a family now and things are great. I can’t put this baggage on them.”

“We just came here to warn you, Liam is searching for you and I’m sure he will find you…” Zach put his hand on my waist and led me away from George.

“You won’t tell him I’m here will you?” He called out through the trees.

Zach and I turned around. I couldn’t do this to him, neither could Zach. “No, we won’t…”

He smiled at us. “Thank you.”

~

It was three o’clock in the afternoon. I sat on the floor against the foot of my motel room bed. The sun was hitting my back from through the window as I went through all the numbers on Williams’ – Or should I say Nathans’ – mobile phone. I was frustrated because I knew Jeremy and his ‘contacts’ had missed something. After going through all the text messages for the fourth time I gave up and went back to his contact list.

There were a lot of numbers, like any other person he had his parents’ numbers saved and of course his friends. I scrolled up and down a few times till I remembered something unexpectedly. I stared intently at the contact name ‘Darren’. There was something familiar about it… Then it hit me hard. Darren was Liam’s middle name!

“Shit!” I cursed loudly, jumping up and down on the bed a few times. It was exciting getting something right. I came hurdling off the bed, straight out the door and into to Scar’s room. “Girls look at this, I’ve found something!” I held up the phone and shoved the phone at Scarlett’s face. The others came and gathered around.

“Whoa chill, what is it?” She asked, trying to get a proper look at the screen.

I stopped jumping around and stood still, holding the phone steady. “I think I’ve found Liam’s mobile number, you see his middle name is Darren so I’m sure this number has to be his!” I grinned, pleased with myself. “Where are the boys? We should tell them.”

Scarlett was also smiling. “Good job Rhi, I bet we would’ve never found this if not for you.” Her expression became dim. “The boys have gone to meet Jeremy at the airport. I guess it’s up to us to check this out.”

“Should we call it?” I wondered.

“I have an idea, we call it – Liam will probably have the number listed at William so if you speak in a deep voice we might be able to trick him.”

I frowned. “I’m not sure he’s that stupid, but it’s worth a try...” All the girls and I converged at the table as I hit the ‘call’ button under the name Darren. I looked up at each girl nervously before bringing the phone to my ear. “It’s ringing,” I whispered. Each face became eager with anticipation.

“This better be important Nathan, I told you to only fucking call when it’s very important.” Crap, it really was Liam.

I put my hand over my mouth as my eyes widened. “It’s him.” I mouthed to the others.
“Where are you?” I said in a deep voice, trying to mimic William as best I could.

“You’re always fucking late Nathan, if you’re going to stick with us hurry up. We’re at Superfine Valero Gas Station, down S Alameda Street. We won’t wait longer than half an hour, get here fast or stay the hell away.”

“Uh, alright then…” I said huskily before hanging up. “Holy shit guys he fell for it, he told me exactly where him and his gang were. There’re at gas station down S Alameda Street, we have to hurry. We only have half an hour till he leaves!” I shoved the phone into my jacket pocket.

Scarlett already had a phone book open, searching for the gas station. “Found it!” She said before writing the address on her arm.

I slipped into my leather jacket and ripped the address page out as well. “You guys stay here and tell the boys where we are when they get back.” I called back to the others as I yanked Scarlett out of there.

Liam was an idiot, plus he knew who William really was - Nathan Fowler – and was stupid enough to trust him, a man who killed his who brother, and I still couldn’t believe Liam had fallen for my fake voice.

Scarlett headed for the SUV but I was not going to ride in that thing anymore. “No Scar, let’s take the bikes!” I said jumping straight onto mine with the key and kicking it to a start.

“Go, go, go!” She shouted, getting onto hers. The bike screeched and roared beneath me, exhaust coughing out the tail pipe. We reached a stop light. “Scarlett how far away is it?”

“I’m not sure, maybe around twenty minutes so we’d better hurry.”

The light turned green and we shot forward once again. Motorbikes were much more convenient. We could weave through the other cars and get past red lights quicker. There was however a problem. How the hell would we defend ourselves if one thing led to another? We hadn’t expected Liam to be in L.A. so we hadn’t equipped ourselves with the weapons necessary. I was starting to regret jumping right into such uncertainty.

“Red light,” I shouted as Scarlett and I sped across the intersection and past the red light in the nick of time.

“It’s just up there!” Scarlett pointed up at a sigh in the distance reading ‘Valero’ in big bold letters. I sped up and yet again just passing a red light. We both stopped at the driveway beside the gas station and got off our bikes.

“Five minutes to spare…” I said, checking the time on my phone. I prayed that they hadn’t left yet.

“Who’s going to go look?” Scar whispered.

I swallowed. “I’ll go…” I kicked the bike peg down and took slow, even steps towards the Valero sign, it would provide cover. Stiffly, I peeked out from behind the sign. There were quite a few cars there, it was hard to tell which one was theirs but then I spotted a bleached head of hair – Ailee. I jumped back behind the sigh and signaled to Scarlett. “I see Ailee, they’re still there.” I hissed. Scarlett waved her hand, gesturing me to take another look.

This time I saw Liam and Flynn ducking into the front seat as Ailee and some people I didn’t know got into the back seat of the van. It was a big white van with tinted windows, looked to be a rental. The van started to back out the driveway and onto the road, they turned towards the direction we were in.

I ran back over to my bike and got on. “When they pass duck, then we follow them okay.” I said turning my head away from the road as the van passed. I kicked the peg away and followed them down the street. Liam kept driving unaware we were a car or two behind them. We all took a turn up and onto the freeway. Now there were no cars between us, just their van and our bikes meters away - now was the time I wished we’d worn helmets to hide our faces. The freeway was busy, not congested but busy. Cars were zooming by at great speeds, like slides in a movie each vehicle was there for a flash before disappearing.

The white van took a sharp turn left and we followed.

When things were going so smoothly you wouldn’t expect a gunshot to miss you by inches.

As I turned my head for a brief second just to check where Scarlett was the sound of a gunshot rippled my way.

“Fuck,” My bike veered to the side. “They know!” I screamed back at Scarlett who swerved rapidly past a large truck. I grasped the handle bars tighter and dodged a sedan, looking back just in time to see the driver shake his fist at me. Now on the left of the van I could see one of the windows open,

I tried to speed up and see who was inside but the barrel of a gun suddenly met me square in the eye. I screamed and swerved again, almost running into a truck. My bike careened further and further, I tried to put my leg out and stop the bike from falling on its side but I was going too fast. I hit the brake, the bike screeching painfully as it skidded across the freeway lanes narrowly missing oncoming traffic. My foot hit the ground and the bike toppled over underneath me, crashing into the freeway barrier. Car horns were blaring as I was flung from the seat and into the middle of two lanes. Feeling battered and hauled myself from the ground staring down as my red knees and scraped leather jacket

“What the hell are you doing kid, get off the road!” A man shouted, from his car window, smashing his fist into his car horn repeatedly. I looked down the freeway, Liam and his gang were getting away.

To my other side Scarlett was approaching, she hit the brakes, her bike also falling to the side. “Rhiannon go!” She shouted, jumping off the bike and rolling to the edge of the freeway. The bike skidded across the lanes and almost knocked me back over. It was still running though. “I’ll call for help!” She said, waving her hand dismissively.

I got on, leaving the other ruined bike and Scarlett behind. Stuck in traffic, the white van was just up ahead. I caught up in no time, weaving through the cars till was just beside the van. The window was still open and I could see Liam at the wheel.

“What are you doing in L.A. Liam?” I shouted into the van now furious that I’d almost killed myself just to ask him a question.

He looked to his side stunned. Flynn in the passenger seat pointed his gun at me. “Don’t Flynn, people will fucking see, keep it low!” Liam said hitting Flynn’s hand lower so the gun couldn’t be seen by other drivers. “I could ask you the same thing. Why are you here, did you follow me?”

“No, we were here on holiday till you gate-crashed.” The driver behind me beeped her horn. I knew the traffic was moving again so I’d need to be quick. “Liam I know why you’re here and I’m begging you, don’t do it, just leave things alone like you have all your life, please!”

His eyes narrowed to slits as his body tensed. “You don’t have a fucking clue…” He said, growling. “Don’t get involved this time sis, I really do mean it.” Liam whispered something in Flynn’s ear. One precise shot to the front wheel of my bike left the tyre completely deflated. The traffic suddenly disappeared as if it’d never been there.

I could’ve soldered on and followed them with a bum wheel but I decided not to risk it. I knew someone would’ve called the police and the LAPD would arrive soon to sort me out, I needed to get out of there as quickly as I could.

Carefully I rode the bike – slowly – to the nearest off ramp and stopped on the side of the road, dumping the bike on the nature strip just before collapsing beside it. I felt like my insides had melted and I was about to throw it all up. I got my phone and called Scarlett, the boys were back from the airport and were going to pick her up then come for me.

Not only had I ruined two rental motorcycles, I’d lost my brother and now we’d never find him in a city as big as Los Angeles.

Pathetic Rhiannon, pathetic as usual…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really happy with the freeway chase scene, tell me what you think? Should I add anything. I do like the rest of the chapter though. I also am thinking of a name change for Tiarne, instead of Tiarne (Pronounced, Tee-ar-n) what if I changed it to Tarney? Feedback on that possible change would be good too :)

Comment and Subscribe if you likey!

Thanks, MemoriesdonoJustice. Aka, Rose.