Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Lake St Clair

- ZACH'S POV (MR JERK) -

"So you know who this Rhiannon girl is?" Luke repeated for the hundredth time.

"Yes! I already said I did." I muttered cracking open my soda. Luke stared at me like I was an idiot.

"So... whats your plan?" He questioned.

I frowned. Plan? What plan? "I don't have one..." I spoke softly.

Arron was the next to speak. "Zach man, focus. Shes what will get us to Liam! Okay I have an idea. Your going to pretend to be her friend, then your going to take her to our hideout in the forest near the lake. Then we'll hold her hostage for Liam's head in a box!" He proposed.

I shook my head. "Arron, shes just a girl. I don't wanna hurt her-"

"Let me guess shes hot?" Marcus interrupted. I glowered at him, he shrugged. "Is she?" He wondered.

I didn't say anything for a moment. "Okay... yeah she is. But that had nothing to do with it. I don't want to..." I went to stand up but Marcus slammed me back down in my chair.

"Whoa Marcus relax." Luke cautioned holding him back.

"Jeez, fine I'll do it..." I barked giving up. "But I'll need a week or two to get her trust." I quickly declared.

"Okay guys clear out." We all nodded and said our goodbyes. Luke and I walked to our cars.

"You don't have to hurt her you know..." He breathed as we reached out cars.

I sighed. "I just don't think its right bringing in some innocent girl into our little war."

Luke nodded. "I agree with you dude but don't you want to get Liam or not?" His tone was sympathetic but his eyes told me he wanted Liam bad.

"Yeah I want him, he deserves to die." I admitted.

He smiled. "Just do the job." Was all he said before he got in his car, slamming the door behind him. At that very moment it seemed like all the cars sped off at the same time.

- RHIANNON'S POV -

"Are you going to see him then?" Tiarne asked as we strolled down the corridor.

"I don't know..." I mumbled shyly. I wasn't going to tell her I did want to see him, what would she think?

"Oh c'mon... I'll come with you." She offered. Well that did make it sound much more do-able.

"Fine, we'll go see him tomorrow after school." Tiarne beamed. Why was she so happy? I took my seat in class and sulked silently.

***

My head was whirling but Tiarne was jumping up and down in her seat with pleasure. I rolled my eyes. "Why are you so happy..." I grumbled.

"Oh Rhi don't be a spoil sport. He might have cute friends." She squealed with a massive grin spread across her chalky skinned face. "Oo, oo, park there!" She pointed to an empty parking spot by Lake St Claire. I slipped into the spot and we both got out, I locked the car behind me.

We walked to the footpath. "Man he could be anywhere!" I moaned at the sight of the lake. "I'm going home whether your with my or not!" I hollered.

She pursed her lips. "He's right over there."

"Oh... well... i guess..." I didn't move, I stood awkwardly in place.

"Would you like me to bring him here or would you prefer to be dragged over there?" I didn't like either option. She scowled and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along.

"No, I don't wanna go." I yelled like a child. She didn't flinch, she just kept on dragging. "Okay, okay I'm going!" I jerked my arm away from her and rubbed it. The skin had turned pink due to my constant pulling and prodding.

"Your just like a little kid." Tiarne mumbled. I reluctantly followed her across the path winding along the the western side of the lake. We were shaded by big branching trees than created a tunnel like feeling until we broke out onto a little opening right by the water. He was there. Mr Jerk turned instantly eyes fixed on me, I don't think he noticed Tiarne standing by me.

"Oh... hey... I thought you would take hours to find me..." He faulted. It was cute.

"Uh... yeah... so... uh..." I stuttered uncontrollably. He looks stunning, he had black Ray Ban Wayfarers on and his hair was wild and untamed with the wind blowing into it. His black hair stood out against his pasty white skin, it was shockingly beautiful.

Tiarne butted in. "Hi I'm Tiarne, you must be Mr Jer- I mean, Zach." I exhaled loudly through my mouth, closing my eyes in the process, my fingers pinched the bridge of my nose. How embarrassing. "So uh... who's you friend?" Tiarne added. That was the first time I actually noticed Mr Jerk had brought along a friend too. He had sandy blonde hair whirling around him in the breeze, he had brown eyes that turned a mild chocolate color every time the sun hit them.

"I'm Luke." He winked at her. My lip twitched upwards, okay Tiarne DO NO ditch me for Blondie over there.

"I'm Tiarne." She smiled flirtatiously back at him. Damn, it was too late. She was ditching me.

"You wanna go for a walk?" Luke offered, she nodded and ran over to him. She was ditching me now.

"Wait!" Both me and Mr Jerk said in unison. They already were running off. Great.

"So.. uh... do you wanna... uh..." He stammered, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Walk?" I cut him off. He nodded forcing a smile. I walked to his side, feeling very self conscious.

I thought it was time I asked him more about what he had against my brother. "Would you answer me one question." I asked as we sat under a huge weeping willow right on the edge of the lake, we were in some sort of open park.

He took a moment before he answered. "Yes I will..." His eyes remained guarded.

I nodded slightly. I kept my head down and fiddled with my fingers in the sunlight. "Why won't you help me find my brother?" I asked in a childlike voice, the kind a kid would use when they're trying to get their way. I waited patiently but he didn't speak, I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Hey! Okay, okay. Its not that I won't its more along the lines of I can't." His words left me puzzled, I had no clue what he meant.

I wiggled down onto my back and peered up at the fluffy white clouds floating in the blue sky through the branched of the rich green tree.

"Can't you just give me hints?" I asked, he wiggled onto his back as well.

He then cleared his throat and smiled and me, a set of white teeth came out and said hello. "I wish I could Rhiannon, but I can't." He sounded so sincere, I couldn't even spark up the slightest bit of fury.

"You don't have to call me Rhiannon you know... my friends just call me Rhi." I smiled at him. He didn't look at me but he smiled too, just staring at the water. Something flickered into his eyes, pain. I didn't like seeing it there.

"Okay, thanks Rhi." He laughed very quietly, it faded. His body went ridged beside me, the water reflected in his eyes, they flickered around sharply.

"What?!" My voice turned panicky.

"Rhi, I'm going to ask you to run with me." He murmured, getting onto his feet - pulling me up with him. "Just follow me and don't let go." He warned. Everything seemed to be going so fast, I couldn't keep up.

"Of what?!" I screeched.

He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Don't let go if you want to live." He muttered and pulled me to my feet.

"What the hell, whats going on!" I demanded.

He sighed. "Please just follow me." He begged. I hesitated, but he gave my hand a quick squeeze.

"I swear if this is some sort of flirting technique its not working!" I clamored, letting him drag me behind him. I was slow, obviously a burden on him.

He chuckled loudly. "Rhiannon." Did I mention I loved the way he said my name? "I'm about to get shot to death by some people." He informed me, I choked down the lump building in my throat. "-most likely sent by your brother-" He added with a smirk. "So we're going for a little run in the forest." He took a quick glance at my shoes - my black converses - and grinned. "Good, you'll need them for running." He tugged my arm harder signaling me to run.

"Crap!" I howled, jogging to keep up. His head spun around in all directions as he observed some guys his age spying on us, acting like normal citizens. One boy was on a skate board, I could see what looked like the end of the barrel of a gun poking out from under his belt. My eyes widened. Great, I was going to be in the middle of a shoot out.

"Zach they're here." Luke grumbled in a low, hushed voice. He was leading Tiarne in our direction.

"Do you know whats going on?!" Tiarne whined stumbling towards me.

"No, he wont tell me anything."

"Neither." She groaned.

"Okay girls heres how its going to be. We're going for a little run, separated though. You can never tell a soul about whats about to go down now." Liam told us. Tiarne grabbed my arm squeezing it hard enough to make me cringe.

"Lets go Miss Confused." Mr Jerk took my hand and towed me in the complete opposite direction Luke and Tiarne were going.

"Don't leave me Rhi!" Tiarne pleaded clawing her fingers into my arm, her fingers slipped and Luke pulled her away.

"No!" I barked at Mr Jerk, trying to pull my hand away. He spun me into his arms and pulled me in closer as if we were dance partners.

"Rhi. I need you to calm down. I need your help because I don't know about you, but I'd rather not loose my life today okay." His eyes burned into mine, I nodded helplessly. I held back tears, I often cried in tough situations. He pulled me towards the forest that grew bigger and bigger as we approached. "This is the time where we run." He jerked forward and I had to run after him. He didn't let go of my hand, this somehow made me feel so much more safer. The forest wall suddenly disappeared behind me and all around me was lush forest.

"Zach!" I howled as I tripped constantly. He turned squeezing his eyes tightly together. I didn't want to be the reason we got shot to death.

"Okay I'll carry you, but you owe me Tinkerbell." I began to literally choke on air.

"Carry me?!" I yelped, he nodded and turned.

"Get on my back." He ordered, I followed and clung to his back like a pet monkey. I giggled, he laughed along with me. "Surprisingly your very light." He instantly broke out into a sprint.

"Hey! Are you calling me fat?!" I yelled.

He chucked. "No way." I smiled to myself. We ran for a few minutes till I could hear his breathing quicken as he grew more and more tired.

"I can run if you like?" He dropped me and I bounced onto my feet. A stick cracked, I looked down but their wasn't any stick under my foot or Zach's.

"Sh." He put his finger of my lips taking my hand with care. I froze on the spot, not moving. "They're close by." He whispered so softly I barely heard him. My teeth chattered though I didn't feel in the slightest bit cold. "Rhi I need you to climb this tree." He didn't wait for a response, he grabbed my foot and pushed it up. I fell forward onto the tree and scrambled up it with all my strength. "Get as high and you can. I'll be back, I promise." He pulled something bright blue from his pocket - a ribbon - and tried to a tiny branch on the tree. "I won't go far." He swore and ran off.

I began to tremble, I was all alone in a forest with no idea how to get back home and there were as bunch of armed men running around the place. My thoughts we're interrupted by a ear splitting gunshot.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really happy with this chapter, I hope you guys like it too. Anyway please comment, subscribe, whatever floats your boat. It means the world to me. Thanks for reading, I love my readers heaps. Bye!

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.