Status: I am writing as we speak. I've had writers block and struggled to refine the story for so long. I'm back though and a new chapter should be up by the end of the week

Pitch Black Heaven

Camping Where You Don't Belong

-ZACH'S POV (MR JERK)-

"Hey Harrison, is Rhiannon in today?" I asked Harrison who looked quite harassed from a long night of doing something i had no idea of.

"Nah, I haven't seen her since yesterday morning at the shops." He mumbled as he wiped down the bench.

Shit, I thought. I swallowed loudly. "Uh... do you know where she is now." I questioned, my throat dry.

"Oh... she mentioned she was going on a camping trip with her school for the weekend. She said she was doing it to miss some school dance..." His face showed no interest in the subject. I sighed with relief letting my body ease up.

"So where were they going camping?" I tried to sound nonchalant, it was a pretty poor attempt.

"Near Lake Michigan I think. There's a flyer over there." He pointed to a cork board hanging on the wall by the bathroom door, it was clusters with papers advertising events. The camping trip was easy to find, it was pinned right on top.

"Thanks Harrison!" I called, running out of the cafe.

"Hey! Don't you want your coffee!" He yelled causing many heads to turn. I didn't respond, I jumped into my car and raced out of the car park. Something caught my eyes, a boy watched me like a hawk as I exited the car park. In my rear view mirror I saw him chase on after me.

Oh, so it was a chase he wanted?

***

-RHIANNON'S POV-

Camping, I love camping. I love the outdoors. Yeah I know I'm weird. Is it weird for a labeled rich bitch to actually like camping? Well I do.

"Rhi it’s not too late to turn back, go home, and go to the dance." Tiarne noted as she struggled to drag her suitcase along the footpath. She seemed out of breath though she had only dragged it from the car towards the bus parked in front of the gym.

"Nope, I'm not going back. You can go..." I offered. She pouted and crossed her arms.

"Please Rhi, don't do this, you could be dancing with the guy of your dreams tonight but no you want to go camping!" She shuddered at the word.

I raised my eyebrows amused by her efforts to persuade me. "Tiarne don't be a baby, I'm going camping whether you come or not." She glowered at me. I smiled at her pleadingly. “If you go along with this I promise we’ll go to prom.” I negotiated, my eyes begging.

"Fine…" She grumbled dragging her suitcase over the sidewalk. “You’d better come to prom or I’ll shoot you.”

We walked towards the bus, it seemed there was a larger group than I was expecting. I would have though most people would have gone to the dance but there was at least twenty people gathered in their small groups by the bus. Tiarne and I went to join them.

"Okay everyone, listen up. Make sure you get your name ticked off before you get on the bus, let’s go!" Miss Jenkins yelled.

"You owe me big time." Tiarne muttered dryly.

We all converged around the small wooden stage by the campfire some teachers were putting together. It was getting dark and the sky streaked purple and orange.

"Okay, okay quiet down guys quiet down." The group hushed to a silence and fixed their eye on Mr Jenkins who stood with a microphone on the stage. "Welcome to our Lake Michigan camping trip and thanks for coming." He greeted us welcomingly. "Now lets get straight into it. Everyone needs to get into they're tent groups, four to a tent, no mixed sex groups." He announced. "Everyone come up and grab at tent, its your job to set it up. Boys to my right and girls to my left." He gestured to each side with a wave of his hand.

"Oh, and everyone only has forty minutes to set up and get settled in before you must meet back here for dinner and a midnight walk. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear." Miss Regal added, stealing the microphone from Mr Jenkins.

"So... uh... who do you want to pair up with?" Tiarne asked me coming up to me.

"Hi girls." The sound of footsteps approached us. We both turned. "Hi, I'm Erin and this is Sophie. Would you guys like to pair up?" She proposed. Erin was very pretty. She was quite tall with a thin frame, her fawn colored hair bounced to her shoulders in loose curls. She had honey colored eyes and a light tan. Her friend Sophie was however different. He hair was jet black and her eyes were almost electric blue - contacts probably - she was shorter with tanned skin had a sparkling Monroe piercing.

"Sure." Tiarne agreed with a smile.

They smiled back. "We already got the tent, so you guys can choose a spot to set up." I didn't really care where we set up, I just wanted to sit by the campfire and think. Most of the girls side already had tents strung across the ground as frustrated groups fiddled with the instructions trying to solve the puzzle they called a tent.

"Uh... over there I guess." I pointed to a small portion right beside the trees on the edge of the clearing not yet taken.

"Damn right by the trees." Erin laughed lightly and we walked towards our spot.

"So does anyone here actually know how to set up this thing?" Sophie asked as Erin pulled the tent out of the bag. A smile twitched on the edge of my lips. I wasn't going to brag but I had been on many camping trips and had set up tents so many times I could probably do it without looking.

"Yeah actually I do." I interjected shyly. They all looked at me.

"So... do you need our help?" I didn't want to sound cocky but I really didn't.

"Oh you guys can go if you like."

Erin and Sophie both hesitated. "Are you sure?" She pressed.

I smiled. "Really I'm fine. Go." I pushed, nodding to the campfire.

"Wow, thanks. See you at dinner." They waved at walked off.

"Well I'm staying." Tiarne murmured adjusting herself on the ground beside the tent.

"Fine by me." I mumbled and got to work. The tent we had was quite big, I could already see it was from the looks of the other tents growing around me. I didn't even have to look at the instructions, it was simple. I felt so at ease setting it up, it was such a regular task for me. My family loved going on camping trips, but as lame as it sounds its really fun. I always brought alone a friend, last year I brought Hannah and she loved it.

I heard Tiarne get to her feet. "Do you want me to get you some dinner?" She asked as she brushed the dirt of her bum.

"Yes please." I smiled a thanks and she strolled off towards the group converging around the campfire to collect their food. I side stepped to the side of the tent and secured the water proof cover over the tent. I stood with my back to the forest as I pushed a peg into the dirt.

Without any warning I felt myself out of breath as a hand cupped over my mouth and pulled me into the cover of the trees. I tried to scream but no sound escaped my captors hands. I tried to pry away the hands from my mouth but they didn't leave.

"Rhi I'm sorry just don't scream." I recognized that voice though it was quick and raspy. "Promise you wont scream?" He pleaded, I just nodded. Even in the darkness I saw him flash a grin. As he removed his hand from over my mouth I gasped for air. "Sorry... I didn't mean to be so rough." He apologized.

"Zach what the hell are you doing here, are you freaking stalking me?!" I panted leaning away. We were sitting on the damp floor of the forest not far from my tent, I could feel the moisture soaking into my jeans.

"I had to come see you, when I didn't find you at the cafe I thought something had happened then I asked your friend Harrison where you had gone and he told me I'd find you here." He simpered. I tried to hide my instant pleasure at his sudden appearance. My pleasure didn't last long, I saw his bandaged thigh and felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Are you okay." My voice dropped to a whisper as I reached out to touch the bandage.

"I'm fine." He whispered in reply. He remained still as my fingers - that now looked unhealthily white in the darkness - touched the bandage.

"I'm so sorry!" I wailed throwing myself a him, my arms wrapped around his freezing body. He seemed shocked, with stiff arms he hugged me back. I felt so responsible for his injury.

"For what? I'm fine." He soothed. His calming voice did nothing to drain the horror from my body, memories of that horrible afternoon in the forest made camping out here seem horrifying.

"I feel responsible for what happened to you." I whimpered.

He breathed a laughed. "Here I'll show you something." He pulled my arms of his body and with certain fingers he pulled up his shit and pointed to a scar just about his hip. "That was the first bullet graze I ever got, it was far worse than this one." He rolled up the sleeve of his jacket and revealed two scars on the top half of his arm. I gasped, I didn't like this. "Do you want to see more, I've taken a bullet to my other leg too." He grinned smug, it died down when he realized I wasn't as enthusiastic about it as he was. He rolled down his sleeve embarrassed. "Sorry..." He chuckled. "Your just so easy to talk to." He explained moving into a more comfortable position.

"Zach?" He looked up instantly.

"Will you tell me who you really are?" I prayed he would say yes and spill everything, it was idiotic of me to think he would just tell me everything.

"Well from what I've heard I'm Mr Jerk to you." There was an edge to his tone. I almost immediately felt stupid.

"Oh, you heard about that hey..." I blushed. He only laughed. "Sorry, but as impossible as it seems I used to hate you."

His jaw dropped mockingly. "Rhiannon. I'm horrified! How could you." He teased. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm sorry okay-"

"Rhi?! Where are you?!" Tiarne's faint calls wafted to where we were seated.

"Fuck, I have to go. Are you going to stay out here?" I asked. I looked down, hiding the eagerness in my eyes.

"Nah, I'll go sleep in my car so I can keep you safe." I blushed deep red, glad that it was too dark for him to notice.

"Okay." I mumbled as he turned.

"Oh and Rhi."

"Yes." I whispered.

"I don't mean to scare you but... Liam's sent out those men and well I think they've followed me here. So please be careful, just keep an eye out for them kay..." I nodded as a lump forced my voice down.

"Goodnight." He muttered and he stalked off into the dark.

"Goodnight." I whispered to the trees. They rustled, whispering warnings. With fear controlling my body I ambled back to camp.

Pitch Black Heaven - © MemoriesdonoJustice / Rose Tonis 2009
♠ ♠ ♠
Well thats chapter seven, hooray! Its not action packed but somethings coming up, tehehe. Pretty happy with it though its very short :l Ahh well, please keep reading and ratings its really making me so happy. And please bare with me, life's pretty hectic right now. Keep reading and rating, thanks guys sooo much. Bye!

Thanks, Rose. Aka MemoriesdonoJustice.