Coming Home to You; My American Boy

Twelve

Zach

"Who's she?" Elliot asked in disgust as she opened the front door to the apartment we were sharing while in the UK.

"Just go and open the spare room door," I huffed, a sleeping Cadence lay in my arms.

She'd been searching for Kimi for four hours straight and couldn't physically, or mentally, do anymore.

I lay her down on the bed, tucking Kimi's rabbit in next to her.

"I said who is she?!" Elliot demanded as a weird noise erupted from Cady's pocket.

Finding the culprit I flipped open Cady's phone.

10 missed calls - Mom
10 missed calls - Dad
20 missed calls - Malory
10 voice mail messages


I rang the voicemail straight away.

"Hey Cades its Mom. Just to let you know, I have Kimi - I found her playing outside the shop and took her to buy sweets. You aren't answering your phone so I thought you'd pick up the message. She'll be at mine. Love you."

The other 8 consisted of "Where are you??!!"

Then the last one.

"Hey mummy. I hope you is okay. I miss you. I looked on the TV for Daddy again...I didn't see him. I miss you mummy. I wuv you."

My heart jolted in my chest as a overwhelming amount of love came over my body.

Then came relief.

Our Kimi was okay.

Cady

It was raining, a chilly breeze whistled round my legs - moving my simple black dress slightly.

Tears flowed down my face as I watched the tiny coffin lowered into the tiny grave.

Then, I was shaking, my whole body thrashing back and forth.

So hard that...


My eyes shot open and I took a big gulp of air, sure that I had just witnessed my daughters funeral.

"Fuck, you're hard to wake," Zach laughed, a stupid grin stretching across his stupid face.

I slapped his hands away from where they were resting on my shoulders. I glared at him in disgust at how he could be so happy as our daughter was probably in the hands of some mass murdering monster.

"Kimi's at your mom's," he said, the grin stretching further across his face.

My heart almost stopped as the panic it had been running on seeped out of every pore in my body.

I quickly sat up, narrowly missing Zach's forehead.

"Are you serious?"

I almost cried with relief as he played my voicemail messages to me.

"Will you drive me?" I asked, jumping out of bed and flinging the wardrobe open.

Remembering this wasn't my house I shut it once again.

"What? Y-you are actually gunna let me meet her?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Samxx