Coming Home to You; My American Boy

Fourteen

"But, you will introduce me to him won't you?" Malory asked me for the 10th time.

I rolled my eyes "I'll introduce you to all of them if I ever get the chance," I promised as I stopped the car outside Lightning Strikes. It was Saturday morning and Britt was due home at 7pm from a Caribbean holiday. As Malory was going to be no help what so ever in decorating the house for Britt's 'Welcome Home' party (they didn't get on very well) I'd invited her to come along to the shop with me and Kimi for the day.

"Can I get a tattoo?" Malory asked as I was unbuckling Kimi from her car seat.

"Yeah, cause mom and dad'll love that won't they?!" I replied sarcastically.

"They might!" Malory pleaded her case as we opened the front doors "You never know until you try!"

"Try what?" Pixxie asked, her and Camarin were already in. As it was Adam and Orchid's day off I was on reception and they were the only artists.

"Mal wants a tattoo and thinks the parents won't mind," I explained.

"Tell you what M, I'll get my temp-tat paints out and do one for you," Camarin smiled, gesturing Malory over to her station.

"Can I design some tats mummy?" Kimi asked, tugging on my hand.

"Of course baby," I smiled handing her the paper and pen that were lying on the reception desk. "Stay in sight Kimz."

I saw her eyes roll as she took the paper off me. "Whatever makes you happy mum," she muttered.

Next to me Pixxie burst into a fit of giggles "Kimz is finally learning off her Auntie Pixxie!"

"Yeah cheers for that!" I laughed sarcastically. "Remind me to do the same when you have kids."

Pixxie's giggles worsened "1. Why would I remind you? And 2. I'm not having kids!" She pulled her tongue.

"I'll just teach your many cats bad habits when your a crazy cat lady living alone in a one bedroomed apartment," I said as I reached beneath the desk to get the appointment book.

"Oh you're so fucking hilarious Cady!" Pixxie laughed.

I grinned "I know!"

Zach

"Do you think Cady will have any appointment spaces today?" Val asked as we all congregated in her and M's apartment.

I shrugged "Ring and ask."

"Who is this person anyway?" Elliot asked, disgust lining her voice.

"She's Za-"

Before Val could say I butted in "An old friend," I explained, emphasizing the word 'friend'. It'd be hard enough explaining Kimi to Elliot. So I thought I'd put it off to another day.

Shadows glared at me for dismissing what Cady really was to me. We'd had a big band meeting while Elliot was late night shopping with a friend so everyone knew and understood my situation with Cady and Kimi...we never kept anything from each other.

"Why, what do you want baby?" Matt asked, hugging Val close to him, his arms around her waist.

I felt a sudden ache to do the same with my soulmate - the mother of my daughter, Cadence Geller. Instead I settled for Elliot.

I knew Cady still hated me. Though she'd allowed me to meet Kimi I knew the hate was still there.

"Something awesome," Val replied.

Eager to see her old friend again, Leana jumped to her feet "Let's go!"

The whole A7x family and Elliot in one shop with Cady and Kimi...

I shut my eyes for a second.

This could be a disaster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Samx