Coming Home to You; My American Boy

Twenty Four

It took a while to get Kimi thinking serious and not talking about Hannah Montana.

"L-listen honey. Me and Zach have something we wanted to tell you," My heart skipped a beat at her worried expression "Remember when I used to tell you stories about your Daddy?" Tears were already rolling down my cheeks.

She nodded "You said he'd come visit sometime but he hasn't yet mum."

I glanced up at Zach his eyes filling up "He has baby and he's here right now. Zacky's your daddy sweetie."

"Zacky?" She asked, getting off the chair she'd been sat on. I nodded and she shuffled over to where me and Zach were seated and shyly stood infront of him. "Daddy?" She said looking up.

"Yeh baby, that's me," His tears finally fell at being called Daddy by his daughter after months of waiting.

She stared at him for a few seconds then a grin stretched across her face. "Daddy!!"

*

Wanting to spend as much time as possible with Kimi Zach slept on the sofa so he's be there when she woke up.

"Val rang - her and the girls are picking you up to go shopping in half an hour," he announced, strolling over to where I was stood in the kitchen.

"Wait, what?" I asked. "What about Kimi?"

He shrugged "Already sorted - me, Matt and Johnny are gunna take her to that museum she loves. They've been well eager to see it."

"Thanks Zach," I smiled hugging him awkwardly.

"No problem," He smiled adding "Its what dads do," With a hint of pride in his voice.