Coming Home to You; My American Boy

Thirty Eight

"C'mon Kimi!" I shouted "Are you dressed yet?"

"Yeh!" She called back.

"Well hurry up!" I said, nervously moving about where I was stood.

Zach stood behind me, his arms going round my waist. "Don't be so nervous!"

"It's hard," I sighed leaning my head back so it was resting on his shoulder "I mean it was my fault their son was a depressed alcoholic drug abuser!"

"They know what I did to you Cady."

I spun around in his arms. "What?"

"My parents, Zina and Matt were the only ones I told," he said adding "Apart from Brian of course. I wouldn't have been able to stand them thinking you were a bad person. I knew that no matter what the A7x guys wouldn't."

I leaned forward, connecting our lips "Thank you Zach."

*

Zach

"Stay here a second," I said as I shut the car off "My family don't know you're here and I want it to be a surprise."

Cady laughed at my excitement.

Practically jogging up the driveway I knocked on the door loudly.

"Zach!" My mom smiled as she opened the door, pulling me into a hug she added "When did you get back?"

Ignoring her question I smiled "I brought someone with me."

"If it's the guys tell th-" her sentence cut off as I moved aside so Cady and Kimi (who were stood outside the car) were in full view. Her jaw dropped.

"Hey Mrs. Baker," Cady smiled shyly as she picked Kimi up and made her way up the drive.

*

Cady

"I just can't believe you're here!" Mrs. Baker said, stroking Kimi's hair as though she was checking she was still real.

Kimi dropped her eyes away from the TV and her plate of cookies to give her grandmother her biggest smile.

"Where's Ich mom?" Zach asked in excitement.

"In the kitchen," she replied gesturing to the kitchen door.

Jumping to his feet in excitement Zach raced over to said door, swinging it open.

A whirlwind of black fur raced out leaping into Zach's arms. I laughed as the dog licked every inch of Zach's face.

"Cade, Kimz - this is my dog; Ichabod."

*

The door went 2 hours later and a 13 year old Zina wandered in.

Noting her confused expression I jumped to my feet "Hi," I smiled, extending my hand for her to shake "I don't know if you remember me-"

She cut me off with a laugh "Of course I do!" Pushing my hand aside she pulled me into a hug. "You're Cadence. I met you when I was 8 and your the girl Zach's been obsessing over for the past 5 years," she added once she's pulled away.

"Hey!" Zach called from where he was playing with Kimi and Icahabod.

A frown fell on Zina's face as she made her way over to the 3 "And who's this?" She smiled, sitting down next to Kimi.

"Z this is your niece; Kimi. Kimz this is Auntie Zina," Zach introduced as a grin appeared on both Zina and Kimi's faces.

"You like Hannah Montana then?" Zina smiled, gesturing to Kimi's tshirt.

"Uh-huh!"

"I've got her dvd upstairs - if I go get it, do you wanna watch it with me?"

Kimi's eyes lit up "Yes please!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sevenchaptersleft

Comments?

Samx