Status: Finished. Sequel in progress (Dear Anna, Count Me In)

The All Time Crime

The Truth

Everyone held their breath as Jack was untied, except for Anna. She was completely clueless as to what might be going through their minds.

First, Anna reached down to untie Jack’s feet. It seemed to take forever to the people waiting. Then, ever so slowly, she moved up to untie his hands. The rope fell off and everyone waited for Jack to pounce. But instead, he got up and started dancing.

Alex groaned. He knew Jack could be dumb sometimes, but this was beyond stupid. “Dude, this is your chance! Take her out!” he yelled.

Anna smiled and shook her head. “He wouldn’t do that.”

“Oh and why not?” Alex sniped.

“Because,” she said simply, “he likes me!” She drew out the word “like” as if she were teasing him.

Alex scoffed, but when he looked at Jack he saw a grin. Was he serious? How the fuck could he fall for someone that kidnapped them? Then again, he had helped her get them there in the first place.

As Alex was contemplating this, the song ended.

“Okay dancing times over!” Anna announced. She led Jack back to his spot and re-tied him. Then, just before she got up to leave, she kissed him. It was just a simple peck on the lips, but it caused Jack to grin like an idiot.

Alex waited until Anna had left the room before he turned to confront Jack. “Dude, what the fuck is your problem?” he practically screamed.

Jack still had that goofy grin on his face when he answered, “I think I’m in love.”

“Great,” Alex muttered, thumping his head against the chair behind him. “Do you remember the last time you were ‘in love’?”

Jack shook his head. “Nope, this time’s different,” he insisted. “She’s like, a neon angel! I can’t take my eyes off of her!”

Alex sighed. He wasn’t in the mood to attempt to reason with his best friend. Gabe, Zack, and Rian just watched Jack dumbfounded.

Meanwhile, Anna stood on the other side of the door listening. She smiled a sly smile before heading to the kitchen to make dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait for an update, my parents are out of town, so I've been having fun. Haha, anyways I hope you like, and choose to share through comments!

Btw, thank my sis DevilsReject for this chapter, she made me update.