Smooth Criminals

Johnny

Image
We were all sitting in Chris' kitchen waiting for Michael to get back from wherever he was. I was sitting across from John with Donatello laying down underneath the table. Chris was sitting at the head of the table taking long drags from a cigar. John turned to me with a small smile.

"So, Alyssa," he said in his amazingly charming voice. "How do you intend on revealing yourself as,well, yourself to the public?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. It's just all happening so fast."

He smiled more. I noticed how amazing his cheekbones were. Wow. "Well, whatever you want to do, I'm sure Michael will look into it."

I tilted my head. "What is that supposed to mean?"

He leaned back in his chair. "Oh, come on, Alyssa. Anyone with eyes would know he fancies you."

I raised an eyebrow. I knew this too. Might as well play it smooth. "Well, what if Michael isn't the only one that fancies me?"

He gave me a crooked smile and leaned onto the table. "What would you do?"

I sighed. "Well, I suppose I would give a chance to all of those other lovely gentlemen that fancied me."

John lifted his chin. "Would you?"

I smiled. "I suppose it would only be fair."

He smiled and leaned back into his chair. Chris looked at me. "You are seriously the most coolest girl I have ever met."

I looked at him. "Are you trying to hit on me now?"

He raised his hands as in surrender. "I'm just sayin'."

I smiled and looked back over at John. "Alright, so, what should I know about you John?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Oh, so you don't know everything about us by listening to us on the radio." He relaxed his expression and just smiled. I smiled too. "Well, my name is John, but most people call me Johnny. Johnny Depp. I was born in Owensboro, Kentucky. I dropped out of school at 15 and turned to music. I'm older than Michael, which makes me more of a man." We both gave a small laugh. "And well, I met Michael when we both were just music lovers not even thinking about being criminals. Then, we became wanted for both our talents and we were on the run. And then, we got into the criminal business to survive. And now, Michael wants to try to redeem himself."

"By killing Gagliano," I stated.

Johnny nodded. "Yeah, he thinks that by killing the biggest known mob leader will do that."

I creased my forehead. "How will that help?"

"Well," he said, "Michael's had many encounters with him that have made them both enemies to each other. I also hate the man, for the record. But, to Michael, it will help because when he's dead no one that is a danger to us will be after us. Sure, the cops will, but we can get away from them. It's the mobsters we're worried about."

"So," I said, "by killing Gagliano, Michael will no longer be wanted by Gagliano's mob."

Johnny nodded. "Yep."

"What?" I asked. "Do you not agree with it?"

John pursed his lips. "I just don't think it will help. Yeah, the mob won't be after us any more, but we'll still be on the run from the police." He paused. "I know that deep down, Michael feels the same. He just doesn't want to seem like he doesn't know what he's doing. Somehow though, he'll find a way out of it."

I looked down at the table. "And I suppose, now that I'm part of the crew, I'll be running as well."

He grunted and looked up at me. "I suppose so. I now see why you wear the mask."

I gave a crooked smile. "Maybe with it, I'll be able to live a normal life afterward."

"Afterward?," he said. "Afterward will be when either Michael quits the business or when you decide to get out."

"You make Michael sound like the bad guy in this whole situation," I said.

John gave a crooked smile. "Michael's not a bad guy. He's one of the kindest men I've ever met. He just wants to please everyone. But now, he's finally realizing he wants to please himself. It's what he wants."

"What do you want, Johnny Depp?" I asked.

He smiled. "Right now, I'm too busy having a good time today to think about what will happen tomorrow."

I smiled. "Well, I suppose that's the only way to be optimistic in your situation."

"This is about to become your situation as well, honey," he said.

"You know what I want?" Chris said. We both looked at him. "I want alcohol. Your little convo has made me depressed." He got up and walked over to the old refrigerator. I looked down at the table and smiled. Chris made me smile.

John leaned on the table and looked in my eyes. I looked at him. He smiled. "Has anyone ever told you that you have the most beautiful face?"

I smiled. "Not recently."

"Well, that's a shame, because it's true. And a pretty little girl like you should know that you are amazing."

I laughed a little. "Johnny, how many times have people considered you charming and dangerous?"

He smiled and leaned back in his chair. "Not enough."

"Well, that's a shame, because it's true," I said.

We all heard the car door slam outside and looked out the window. Michael was back and he had black cloth slung over his shoulder with a pair of shoes in one hand. I looked back over at John. He gave me a charming look on his face.

"I'm going to let you give him a chance," Johnny said.

"And you don't think I would have in the first place?" I said smoothly.

He shrugged. "Once you get to know me, no one compares."

I smiled. "Well, for now, I'm going to get to know Michael."

"One moment in your life with us you will soon get to know me, then he won't stand a chance," Johnny said with a sly grin.

I smiled and stood up. "I'm counting on it."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to add more Johnny...so I did. I hope you enjoyed. :)