Hello Brooklyn

Chapter 003

Brooklyn stared at Alex and Jack who were glaring at each other over a chess board. She was moderately surprised that these air-head boys knew how to play chess, "What will be your next move?" Jack asked, making his voice dark and supposedly 'scary'.

"I'm pondering that also," Alex said, glaring back into Jack's eyes.

They somehow managed to drag the game out for two hours. With only their kings left, they refused to give up.

She sighed, lightly slapping herself as she held her head up with her hand, "No one's going to win," she said, "Someone just quit."

"No!" they both cried.

She jumped at their outburst then shook her head. Alex stared at his piece and moved it forward one. Jack rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he debated which way to move. It was pointless thinking, since it was nearly impossible for either to win.

After five minutes of thought, Brooklyn stood up and knocked over Alex's ice-cold game piece, "I declare that Jack wins!" she said, grabbing the board and folding it under her arm.

"Hey!" Alex cried.

"Yes!" Jack said hopping up and doing a victory dance, "I win, you lose!" he sang pointing at Alex.

"That doesn't count!" Alex cried.

"Yes it does," both Jack and Brooklyn said.

Alex crossed his arms and pouted, "I like this girl," Jack said, pulling the girl under his arm.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Did you put deoderant on today?" she asked, coughing and trying to wave the foul air away.

"Nope, I forgot."

Alex laughed, "That's my best friend," She knew he was laughing at her more than his friend's forgetfulness.

Brooklyn struggled to free herself from his armpit, finally free, she stood huffily, pulling the bottom of her shirt down and then fixed her hair that had turned into a mess, "I'll go get some deodorant," Jack cried, running up the stairs to "Alex's" bathroom.

"Dude, where's all your stuff? It's all girly!" Jack yelled from the second floor.

"I didn't get a chance to get to the store," Alex shouted back.

Brooklyn rolled her eyes, crossing her arms, "Idiots."

"What was that?" Alex asked.

"Nothing," she said innocently, looking at her nails.

Jack walked down with her perfume bottle, spraying himself full of the strong scented liquid, "Don't you have work or something?" she asked the immature boy.

He looked at the clock, "Work-schmerk," Jack muttered, "I called in sick. It's Tuesday!"

"What's Tuesday?" she asked.

"Alex," Jack turned to his friend with an appalled expression, "You didn't tell her that it's our annual sleep-over day?"

"Wait, wait... How old are you two?" Brooklyn asked pointing back and forth between the guys.

"Um, twenty-one," Jack stated in a duh tone.

She wrinkled her brow in moderate disbelief that two adult men had annual sleep-overs yet. She gave up slumber parties when she was what? Fifteen?

"Aren't you hungry buddy?" Jack asked Alex, "You haven't eaten anything all day."

"Uh, no. I ate a huge breakfast. I'm stuffed."

Jack nodded, "I'll go get my stuff," he announced before walking out the front door.

Brooklyn crossed her arms and looked at Alex expectantly, "If you weren't dead, I would kill you right now," she stated before walking up the stairs, angry with having boys she barely knew stay in her home and also giving the boys time to themselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Autumn wrote this chapter! :D
I've been getting comments from people telling me how much they like this story, but don't forget to comment Autumn on her profile and compliment her on her awesome writing skills too!
We love the feedback we're getting. It's amazing!

comment/subscribe :)