Hello Brooklyn

Chapter 007

Brooklyn stared at her house from the backyard.

She was at a breaking point in her life and she knew it. She had witnessed her mother's mid-life crisis but Brooklyn was only twenty-one, far too young for one of those.

The blue-eyed girl wrapped her arms around her legs, pulling her long limbs to her chest and resting her head on her knees. She wondered how it was going inside.

Alex would be pissed at her, she was sure of it but she wasn't just going to sit back and possibly traumatize Jack anymore than necessary. She could be cold, but she couldn't do what Alex had been doing to Jack.

The light breeze ruffled her dark brown waves of hair and tickled her face. The day was coming to an end, chilling the air more and more as the sun sank lower behind the horizon.

She couldn't hear anything coming from inside so she assumed that everything was going as well as it possibly could.

After seemingly hours, Brooklyn heard the front door slam and a car start. She frowned, knowing that it was a bad sign. She stayed where she was on the lawn, rubbing her arms as she sorted through her thoughts.

"What are you doing?" The sudden voice startled her, making her jump.

She brought her eyes up to Alex's brown ones. "Thinking," she said simply.

"It's a little cold out here," he said, tucking his hands in the front of his jeans pockets. "Hell, I can't even feel and I can tell it's cold."

She shook her head, rising from the ground and walking toward the back door.

Brooklyn marched up to her room and shut the door behind her, locking Alex out hoping for some time to think over her sanity. She gasped when she turned and saw Alex standing before her with his arms crossed over his chest. "Out," she commanded, pointing to the door.

"What did I do? If anyone should be mad, it should be me," he said. "You're the one who made me tell Jack."

"I did you a favor and you know it. Now, get out," she said, making her way to her closet.

"A favor?" He scoffed his eyes following her as she moved. "A favor my ass. Jack is flipping out right now! He could be on his way to a bar for all I know! I told you I didn't want him to relapse."

She shook her head at his excuse and pulled out a set of her pajamas. "Shut up, Alex. Get out," she said, more calmly than before.

"No."

Brooklyn grit her teeth in frustration. "Get. Out," she said slowly, trying not to let her temper flare out of control.

"Why? I didn't do a damn thing wrong. This was my room before it was your's," Alex said defensively.

"I don't care. You're dead now. This is my house now and if I want you out, you have to leave."

"No I don't!"

"Yes, you do," she said firmly.

"Who are you going to call? The police would be no help, obviously. The ghost busters?" Alex asked, suddenly appearing in front of her.

She scowled and spun on her heel, making her way to her en-suite bathroom. He cut her off though, guarding the bathroom door. "I'm not going to leave you alone until you tell me why a stick was suddenly shoved up your ass."

"I want to be alone so I can sort through everything. I'm talking to a dead guy for Christ's sake! I should be locked up somewhere!" she cried before walking through him and slamming the bathroom door.

Alex sighed, running his hand down his face. He looked to the closed door and decided to give Brooklyn some space for once.

He walked over to her bed and flopped down.

Who would have thought that being dead would cause so much drama?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, there might be some mistakes :( I'm kinda in a rush right now but here's another chapter.
Comment/Subcribe.
Thanks a thousand Sour Patch Kids for the comments!!
Alyshia and Autumn