Sequel: Secret Magic

Dark Magic

Chapter 18

It was the night of the Yule Ball and the air was electric. Everyone was linked arm in arm with their dates walking into the Great Hall. The hall had been decorated to fit the wintery wonderland outside.

Alice walked down with Hermione who looked spectacular in her dress.
"So I saw you and Draco fight the other day during Hagrids class, what was that about?" Hermione asked raising one eyebrow. Alice shook her head and looked at the ceiling.
"Oh it was nothing just, you know how Draco is. And I remember you punching him on the the way to... I mean I heard about you punching him" Alice caught herself. She couldn't let them know that she had been there when they went. She had aided them during when Professor Lupin cornered them in the woods. She was there for all of it but she couldn't let them know that.

Hermione gave her a quizzical look and continued walking. There was a little silence until Wood came running up behind them looking dashing in his black suit.
"Alice" he said wrapping his arm around her waist. Alice smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. Hermione gave her a smile then walked down the stairs alone as Alice and Wood walked off to the Great Hall.
"Shall we dance?" Oliver asked leading her to the dance floor.
"Yes, yes we shall" Alice replied smiling.

Draco studied himself in the mirror. He was wearing an all black suit and he hated it. His father had picked it out for him and thought that black was a symbol of power and would stand out against their pure blood, or some shit like that. Daco sighed and walked down stairs seeing Pansy dressed in a red dress. She looks like the devil, Draco thought to himself.
"Alright let's go I guess" Draco said half hoping that she would sense his unwillingness and give up but no.
"Ok, lets go" Pansy giggled linking arms with Draco. She was practically hanging on him by the time they got to the Great Hall.

Oliver Wood was so happy, smiling and laughing while dancing so gracefully. Alice couldn't help but feel the same way.
"Have you taken ballroom dancing before?" Alice asked as Wood executed a perfect dip. He just smiled.
"Maybe one or two" he said laughing. They were dancing the night away, Alice didn't even notice Draco walk in. Wood spun her around and her eyes met Malfoys, her breath caught in her chest. There was no way that there was going to be a happy ending for either of them.

Draco watched as Alice and Wood danced, laughing and smiling holding each other. He was hurt, very hurt. Pansy pushed herself up against him when she realized he was staring at Alice and Wood.
"Come on Draco, look at her she clearly doesn't want anything to do with you" Pansy said turning his head with her hand.
"I that supposed to make me feel any better?" Draco asked letting go of Pansy.
"Look Pansy your cute, but really shallow" he said walking away. He left the Great Hall, he left Pansy all alone to stand in the middle of the dance floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright part 2 up next
tell me what you think

comment:subscribe

♥