Sequel: Secret Magic

Dark Magic

Chapter 3

Leslie Bridges was that girl in the neighborhood who always had to know everyone's business. She knocked on the Tribecet's front door with one hand while the other grasped the handle of a Radio Flyer red wagon. In the wagon were an assortment of hand made crafts. The door opened and Alice stepped out onto the front step.

"Hullo" Leslie said trying to peer into the open door. Alice stepped in front of her obstructing her view.
"Hi Leslie" Alice said running her fingers through her hair. She had been through this same routine three times already this week. "Can I help you?" Alice said growing impatient as Leslie continued to look past her into the living room where the Mr. and Mrs. were sitting drinking tea and watching the news.
"Um, well, would you like to be a homemade necklace?" the little girl said picking up a beaded necklace of mismatched sizes and colors.
"No Leslie not today" Alice sighed and turned to go back into her house. Leslie tugged on her braids.
"Wait, I saw a light in your window this morning around three o'clock. What was that?" she asked her eyes becoming bigger as Alice slowly turned around.
"How do you know that?" Alice said facing the little girl.
"Well you see I have trouble sleeping something to do with my sinuses and so I was awake walking around outside and I was looking into peoples windows and I saw you light come on" Leslie said sniffing and rubbing her nose.
"Huh, very interesting Leslie well I'm going to go back inside now goodbye" Alice said walking in and slamming the door shut on poor little Leslie's face.

"Who was that dear?" Mrs Tribecet asked.
"Oh you know just Leslie again" Alice said plopping down onto the plush couch. She looked around the room and realized that this was a pretty good life she had. She was very grateful. There was a thump from the kitchen that made the whole family jump.
"What the bloody hell was that!" Mr. Tribecet yelled. He got up and ran into the kitchen. "Um, Alice I think it's for you" he said walking back into the living room. Alice looked puzzled but walked into the kitchen. She found on the floor a snow white owl.
"Hello?" she said squating down to pick it up. It flutterred its wings and flew to the other side of the room. She then noticed a piece of parchment attached to the birds leg. She walked over to the refridgerator and grabbed some meat out. She cut a small chunk off and held it in her hand. When the bird came over she took the parchment off and read.

Dear Alice Potter,
My apologies about the owl he is a little sketchy as birds go. He will warm up though. I was just reminding you that you need to see me immediately after you arrive at Hogwarts meet up with Hagrid at the train when you get off and he'll lead you to my new office. I was rather becoming dull of the old one so I moved all of it to a new location. And when I say all of it I mean the whole room just to a different part.
Albus Dumbeldore

Alice picked up the bird and threw it out the window. It flew up into the gray sky and disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of dull I know. Filled with dialog but it's a filler chapter. Next will be better.

comment:subscribe

thank you