Head First Into Love

001

I was already late to an important meeting when it happened. I had always been a klutz but it was always worse when I was rushing. The sidewalks were crowded, surprisingly less crowded than usual, but still crowded and full of foot traffic. The streets were busy as well, so hailing a cab was completely out of the question. My arms were full of paperwork and I had a coffee in my hand. People were bustling about, pushing and shoving without care. I looked up to see what the street name was at the corner when I slammed into someone walking in the opposite direction. The coffee flew from my hand onto the casual attire of the other person. My paperwork flew onto the sidewalk, where people were mindlessly stepping on it leaving muddy footprints and grime all over them. I looked up at the man franticly, his shirt was stained with lukewarm Starbucks Chai Tea, yet his expression was as if he was trying to sustain laughter. I was horrified, but he just bent down and helped me pick up my strewn papers.

“I’m so sorry; honestly, I didn’t mean to do that. I am such a klutz. Oh geez, your shirt, gosh, I really hope I didn’t burn you, oh please say I didn’t!” I scrambled, looking into his bright green eyes and almost melting.

“Its fine, I’m alright, it is no problem at all.” His southern drawl rang out as he handed me the papers he had collected.

“Oh gosh, that looks bad, oh, uh, here,” I stuttered, pulling out a five dollar bill, “that should pay for that to get washed, and of course some more of your clothes.” I tried handing him the money, but he refused to take it.

“No, it’s as much my fault as it is yours. I should have been watching where I was going, you should have too, but still, it’s no big deal. Keep your money, and let me pay for a new coffee, it’s the least I can do since I was the victim of your last one.” He smirked and pointed towards his tea covered shirt.

I smiled at his generosity, but shook my head, “I can’t, sorry, I am kind of actually sort of running late, maybe another time?” He nodded his head and as I stood up and began walking towards my destination I heard his quiet footsteps keeping pace with mine.

“I never caught your name, miss.”

“It’s Kat,” I smiled, turning into the doorway of the building I was employed at.

“Well, Kat, I’m Jackson, it’s been a pleasure to meet you, even if so informally.” He smiled back, and shook my hand. “I’ll see you around,” he finished, turning away. I’ll see you around. How unlikely, we live in Los Angeles for Christ sake, what are the chances of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story, so hope you like it. I'm sorry if this is a lot like rpattzlover2008's All I Want Is You story, but I tried to make it different, the plot will DEFINETLY be different.