You Said You Were There for Me

Hello. I am Kenzie LeeAnn Whinn. I don't know how to describe a person who just doesnt know what they want in life. I can't process most ideas that others find really easy. My parents are very hardcore, except for my father who lives in Illinois with his new wife, Catherine. I live with my mom, Pattie. I wish I didn't. She didn't care how she made me feel, just would usually cast me out to the side. I ran away from home often, and she has pressured me to do everything I can to help her jobless soul. She's done many crimes to get the money she needs to keep the family together, including prostitution. I want to get away from it all, but no police cars have ever shown up in our front yard. I wish that one night she will get caught for all of the wrong she's done.

My father, Leo Whinn, divorced my mother in 2005. He left me, saying he'd send for me, but many times I'm just a shadow at the windowsill. My mother was never home, she was always at some creepers house, but I liked it that way. No one could bring me down or break my shield when I was alone. I had two friends here in Mississippi, one moving to Franklin, Tennesee. Her name was Hayley Williams. She was a wonderful singer and I couldn't believe that I could have such a good best friend, and to have her taken away from me so quickly. My other friend, Cassidy, has cancer and is going through extensive chemotherpy. She's said not to make it through the next two weeks. Both of my friends were taken away from me, and I can only wish the best for each.

I was sitting at home, as usual...only without Pattie being somewhere else, she was taking a bubble bath. I heard a door break down down the stairs, and I was told to pack my bags and arrange somewhere to be by an officer. I nodded and grabbed all the suitcases and stuffed everything in the bags. I couldn't help but smile to myself as they dragged my mother out of the bathroom, throwing a robe at her and pulling her out the door. An officer came up to me and handed me money for travel and gave me a hug, then left to help carry mom away.

I was offically alone now.
  1. Chapter 1
    The words every dad wants to hear.
  2. Chapter 2
    Getting sleep.