I Want to Help You

all you need is a bus

“im leaving you Nick. I cant stand living in this hell hole. Just look at it! this place isn’t even fit got a pig to live in” I screamed as I stormed around ourvery small house collecting my belongings into a big duffel bag. Nick just sat on his behind drinking his beer laughing at me.
“whatever, you’ll be back. you always come back”
“not this time” I screamed in his face. He put his beer down and grabbed me around the neck pushing me aginst the far wall.
“don’t you ever get in my face like that again. You hear me or our child wont get to live”
“our child wont be living with you or have anything to do with you”
“I cant wait for you to come back to me. on your knees, begging for me to take you back. I’ll get the camera ready, shall I?”
“you’ll be wasting the tape coz I wont be coming back” I spat. Nick dropped me making me fall to the floor.
“go then” he walked back to his chair and picked up his beer, taking a long sip from the bottle top. I was surprised by his coolness. Like nothing happened or nothing was about to happen. I picked up my ass and carriedon collecting the few I havebefore walking out the door and shutting it behind me. I dug around in my bag to find my keys, taking the house key off and pushing it thought the letterbox. I sighed heavily and looked over to the sunset, is shone orange on my face making me feel warm. I walked out the old ratty gate and down the street down to the bus station. LA was my dream and I didn’t want that dream to fade with sun. the ticket was 50 dollars out of my 1000 dollars I had saved up from my job at the Truck Stop. One the way to LA, which was about 3 hours away, I made a list of names for my baby which is due in 7 months. I didn’t find many so I moved onto the things the baby would need like a crib and toys.
“why would someone like you be going to LA?” the old lady who I was sat next to asked.
“oh umm…to follow my dreams. live in LA and find a good job so I can rise my baby” I said rubbing my tummy and smiling.
“how far along are you?” she asked pointed to my stomace.
“only 2 months”
“no father?” she frowned
“I’ve left him, he was no good for me” I said shaking my head
“that’s a girl. get out on your own, show those men you don’t need em” she said happily.
“why are you going to LA?” I asked back.
“oh I live out there”
“really?”
“oh yes, i’ve been visiting relatives in Texas”
“where in LA?”
“oh Burbank, in a 5 bedroom house that only I live in. do you have a plan when you reach LA?”
“No, im gonna find a cheep place to live in for a while, while I find a good job and then get my own place”
“well how about you come stay with me until you get on your feet?” she said shocking me to the core. No one has ever been so kind to me.
“no, oh no. I don’t want you feeling sorry for me or taking pitty on me”
“I could actually do with someone around. i need someone around to keep me sane and give me some company. I wont charge you rent or money for food, just help me around the house like keeping the pool clean and wash down the drive when it gets hot and also pick up food”
“really?” I was not sure, she could be some crazy old nutter.
“yes and you can get yourself a job and you can save up for a house or a flat”
“oh wow, I don’t know what to say. Thank you” I put my hand out for her to shake and she took it.
“Miss Anna Oats”
“thank you Anna. Im Grace Wills”
“nice to meet you Grace”
“you too and thank you again”
“your welcome. so tell me more about yourself”
“im from Vegas and worked at a mens clothing store where I met my ex Nick. We moved to Arazona 4 years ago, I then worked in a Diner for very low wage, got pregnant 2 months ago and then decided this morning I could take living in a dirty house and wanted to follow my dreams of living in LA and having the beach on my front door”
“well the beach is a small drive from my house”
“well I can get a bus”
“I have a car you can use”
“oh wow, thank you” for the rest of the jouney I slept with Anna making sure I wake up when she gets off.
♠ ♠ ♠
i've submitted this story 3 times now and the whole story gets delated. whats up with that!!!

comment+love= updates