No Need to Run

Chapter1

Kathy's P.O.V

Scribble proposed to me yesterday. I was so happy that I couldn't even answer. Payton had to for me. "She says yes." I vigorously nodded my head, and I could barely keep from fainting when he put the ring on my finger. It had three diamonds on it, and engraved along the side were the words " I'd die without you" Once I came to my senses, I jumped into his lap and pulled him into in kiss. After dinner, we danced for a bit, then went to our separate beds.

Scribble's P.O.V

I wasn't nearly as nervous about asking Kathy to marry me as I was when I asked her to go out with me 13 years earlier. I was a little surprised when she couldn't answer me, but I knew it was because she was so happy. After we ate dinner, we danced a bit. Then, going to our rooms, I started thinking "Once we're married, we won't have to go in different directions to get to our room. We'll be together at last."

The next morning at breakfast, Kathy's watch beeped. She looked up at me questioningly, and I shrugged my shoulders. Kandy looked up and asked "What's that Aunt Kathy?" Kathy replied with "My watch is broken. I'm going to fix it." Payton followed her, and they went upstairs.

Payton's P.O.V

When Kathy's watch beeped, I couldn't figure out why. We had all left the agency a few years ago. No one else, exept Scribble, could call her watch. She had never taken that thing off, it was waterproof, and couldn't be used to track her. It had probably left a permanent mark from being there so long. But she refused to take it off. It had been made by Scribble.

We went to Kathy's room, and answered the watch call. On the hollographic screen was our old boss.
"Hey girls. I know you left the agency a while ago, but there's one case we need help on. And your team is the best for it." He said.
"No way. We left over a year ago. I have a ten year old who doesn't even know that I was ever a spy, and I can't let her know now, she would hate my guts!" That was my reaction. Kathy's was slightly different.
"It depends on what you want us to do, we have been gone for over a year."
Our boss was confused.
"Look, I need to talk to the others, and if we decide yes, I'll have to tell my daughter about my past. We'll call you back tomorrow."
"Girl's you can't wait until tomorrow. We have a feeling that some of the enemies involved are going to try and stop you."
"Oh No! We have to get downstairs! Call you right back." Kathy and I ran down the stairs to see everyone staring at us.
"Where's Kandy?" Was the first thing that Payton said. We ran to the bathroom to see a note on the door. 'If you ever want to see Kandy again, do NOT accept the mission. We will kill her if you do.'