No Need to Run

Chapter 10

Payton's P.O.V

If the 'boss' thought that we were going to cooperate, then he was wrong. We decided not to leave the hotel. It proved quite boring, but I worked on apologising to Kandy.

"Come on Kandy! I'm sorry. We all are. You're being ridiculus!"
"I'm being RIDICULUS! I'M NOT THE ONE WHO PLAYED PRETEND FOR 10 YEARS!"
"Ok, Wrong thing to say. Kandy come on. We had to. It was for your own protection!"
"MY OWN PROTECTION! I COULD HAVE FOUGHT OFF NINJA MONKEYS FROM SPACE WITH ALL THE TRAINING YOU PUT ME THROUGH!!! JUST GO AWAY!" I was surprised that all of this was coming from a ten year old, but she had a point. I decided to leave her alone for a bit, and I went to bake cookies. That always worked on her.

I heard a commotion outside the front door to our room. I opened it a crack to see some people from the agency arresting a group of guys. We had been used as bait. I had to tell the others.

"WE WERE USED AS BAIT!!!!" Kathy, of course.
"OK. HE'S GONE WAY TOO FAR THIS TIME!" Scribble, sharing his wife to be's anger. Kathy immediately dialed for 'boss' on her watch.
"Great to see you, but we no longer need your help. We captured them."
"NO LONGER NEED OUR HELP! YOU FREAKIN USED US AS BAIT! HOW DARE YOU!" This time it was Sammy yelling. I could see Kandy with her door open a crack, listening in on the yell fest.
"Ok, I know, you're mad. But the rest of the holiday is for real. No missions at all." In anger Kathy nodded, then quickly hung up. She screamed into her fiance's shoulder.

I took the freshly baked cookies down to Kandy's room. She opened the door and gave me a hug. Before taking a cookie, she said "You guys were pretty mad."
"Yeah, well, we quit working a spies a little before you were born, and we shouldn't have gone on any missions, but he is really good with persuasion."
With that, she bit down on her cookie, a smile on her face.