No Need to Run

Chapter 8

Kathy's P.O.V

All of the guys were in jail. For a very long time. Now it was time to chew out our boss for taking so long...

"Ok. So, WHAT THE HECK TOOK YOU SO LONG! WE WERE ALMOST CAUGHT AND YOU TOOK YOUR PRETTY LITTLE TIME TO COME AND GET US! WE SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BEEN HERE! WE QUIT YEARS AGO! PAYTON'S KID HATES US, WE HAD TO POSTPONE A WEDDING, AND GO TO SOME STRANGE PLACE AND BE BORED OUT OF OUR WITS FOR AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. As I finished I felt happier. Payton looked over at me and gave me a thumbs up. Our so called boss had a look of pure shock on his face. He just started spluttering.

"What's that? As apology you're going to send us on an all expenses paid trip to europe? And you're going to send us on a cruise afterwards? And you'll cover Kathy's and Scribble's wedding? Oh, you're so sweet!" Payton said in a fakely sweet voice. Everyone burst into laughter, until our 'boss' said "Ok." simple and sweet.

"I'll send you the stuff tomorrow. Have a good night." With that, he turned and left. I ran over and gave Payton a high five, and Scribble a big hug and a peck on the cheek.

Boss's P.O.V

After getting yelled at by Kathy I felt really bad. She had a point. And when Payton was making fun of me, I decided that I would do as she suggested. Why not? It's not like I didn't have enough money. Besides, we needed them in Europe anyway. I hoped that they wouldn't catch on...