Carnival Travesty

Getting used to things

After the meeting with Mr. Tyme, Ray was seperated from the other girl and led into a small trailer. She was told to read her schedule which was placed on her bed. By bed they meant cheap, smelly hammock.

She sat down on the floor and sighed, running her fingers through her short dark hair before grabbing the paper from her "bed".

6:00 am- Clean Cage 17
8:30 am- Breakfast
9:00 am untill 10:00 am- Run Ticket booth
10:15 am - Report to Trailer 6 for training.
12:00-1:00 pm- LUNCH
*Resume Training untill dinner*
7:00 pm- Dinner

Training for what? Her so called ability? That frightened her a bit. What was he talking about? She didn't have any ability and she didn't know of anything special she could do besides tieing a cherry stem into a knot in her mouth, but surely that wasn't something to classify her as a freak?

She sighed again and placed the schedule on the hammock-side table. She then glanced around the room noticing old fashioned carnival poster in different languages from the 1800's to now. But it was easy to tell each poster had advertised the same carnival. Canival Travesty. It sounded strange and as she looked closer to the posters she realized how strange it really was.

One poster showed a man with scales under water with a giant hourglass beside him, with most of the sand creating a steep mountain on the bottom while the man sat calmy at the bottom of the tank. Underneath it read "FISH MAN! LIVES UNDERWATER FOR HOURS!"

Another showed a girl with orange and yeallow wings, hovering about a crowd. "COME SEE THE FAERIE! REAL WINGS! NO STRINGS!"

And yet another showed a man with short black hair sitting on the ground as countless object floated above his head. This she didnt bother to read. After all everything was fake. It was just poster illustrations. Right?

A loud knock jolted her out of her thoughts.

"Its dinner time. Come on out, I'll show you the way!" giggled a happy voice on the other side of the door.
Hesitantly, Ray opened the door and looked out to see a girl with long blonde hair and huge yellow and orange wings behind her. Blinking, Ray took a step back. Noticing Ray's movement the girl just smiled and said "Oh sweetie they're just like giant butterfly wings! they arent gonna bother you a bit!" she then giggled again and said "Come on! Or we're gonna be awful late!" She then reached inside the trailer before Ray had a chance to resist, or even speak, and whisked her off to a large dining area, that was crowded with, well, freaks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I saw Harry Potter today!! WHOOOOP! It was a early free screening on base!! Sadly, it didn't follow very well to the book. :'( still a shweet movie though!!