Just Imagine

Chapter Six

Total and complete silence.

“What Erin means ta say.” Said Jake looking over at her pale form wrapped in Kain’s arms. “Is that she’s part vampire.”

“H-How is that even possible?” Asked Seth as he was the first to get his voice back.

Meanwhile Paul and Leah were shaking slightly with anger, while the rest of the back (Except Sam and Jacob) had faces of pure shock. Jacob’s mouth was hung open before Jake explained what she meant and then his body seemed to sink into the chair his face still showing shock but now it also held defeat and denial.

Emily opened her mouth to say something but Erin pulled away from Kain’s arms and cut her off. “I’ll tell them.” Her voice was barley a whisper but they heard it.

Erin took a deep breath before letting it go. “Ma mother was a human, with the blackest hair that when the light hit it just right it seemed to glow. ‘er ice blue eyes though should ‘ave been cold were the warmest eyes Ah’ve ever known. Ma father was a half vampire, ‘is hair the reddest hair anybody ever saw and his eyes looked like they were made out of grayest storms but they always shined. They of course fell in love, but well, Ah first noticed the problem when ah was five.

........................................................................................................................

“What are we goin’ ta do, Aden?” Said the black haired woman as she and her husband sat in their dinning room, a short letter that normally would have seemed harmless sat on the table, as both husband and wife looked at it with fear and foreboding.

“Ah… Ah’m not sure, babe.” The man ran a hand through his fire like hair and sighed before letting his hand drop back on the table and take a hold of his wives hand and giving it a comforting squeeze.

“But ah know, Ah won’ let them ‘urt, none of ya. Not you or ma baby girl.” He said his storm eyes flashing as they glared at the letter.

Meanwhile a little girl with hair only a bit darker then the mans stood peaking at her parents from the doorway.

Her stormy blue eyes were crinkled with confusion and sleep. She looked at the letter before her eyes went wide and she put her back to the wall, her body seemed to disappear into said wall as her parents passed. After she was sure they were out of earshot her body appeared exactly were she was before and she whispered “Tahci-chan.” A black and white weasel slowly appeared in her arms the body building it’s self bit by bit. When it was done it stood up on it’s hind legs and gave the girls cheek a small lick and pressed it’s nose to hers. “Tachi-chan. Ah need ya ta get the paper, over there. See it? The one on the table. Ma kay?” The weasel let out a small squeak before jumping out of her arms and running to the dinning room table were the letter still sat.
.......................................................................................................................

Erin sat in her room, her little hands shaking as they held the letter she finished reading. Itachi had grabbed the letter before they both ran back to her bedroom where she proceeded to read the letter.


Dear Mr. And Mrs. Jashin,

It is with my dearest pleasure that I would like to tell you we have finally heard of your Childs birth. I’m a little upset that I didn’t learn of my niece before hand. Although you never were one for telling me your secrets, were you, Aden?Anyway, I have sent this letter ahead of me as a fair warning that I am coming to meet my little niece. Because this human mail is so slow I should arrive a day or two after I’ve sent it, depending if I find a good snack or not.

See You Soon,

Dugald; The Dark Stranger.

..........................................................................................................................

Erin knew that Dugald meant dark stranger in Gaelic so the man must have been her uncle on her father’s side. Itachi, seeing his masters sad and slightly scared look, took the letter out of her hands with his mouth, jumped off the bed and ran over to her trash can, before standing on his hind feet and letting the letter drop in the trash bin. The weasel nodded its little head before running back to Erin and nuzzling her neck.

Erin shook her head as Itachi gave her nose a little nip to get her out of her daze. “Gomen Tachi-Chan.” She said.

She hit a button on her radio that sat next to her on her nightstand before slipping under her covers and eventually falling asleep to Breaking Benjamin’s ‘Dance with the Devil’. Her last thought was that she would have to ask her parents about the letter in the morning.

......................................................................................................................

“Ah was woken up real early that mornin’. Ma parents said we ‘ad ta go an that they would explain it in the car.” Erin sighed keeping her head down and staring at a small spot on the carpet. It was almost deathly quiet and only made Erin more nervous.

“Ma uncle; Dugald Jashin. He’s a also a half blooded vampire, like ma father.” Erin paused, the next part would most likely be the hardest to talk about, but she had to. So talking another deep breath and closing her eyes she began again.

“There’s …there’s this sickness.” Erin bit her lip. “Well, some call it a sickness an others call it a gods gift. Ah call it a drug. You don’ ‘ave ta ‘ave it but once ya start ya can’ stop. It’s addictive …seductive. If one with low will power even ‘ad one drop it would most likely make ‘em go mad. The drug? …Blood.”

“Ya see, full vampires can only drink blood, but half or less the half, like me, vampires half ta eat food to live, but they don’ need blood. There are some half vampires that drink the blood jus’ for the ‘ell of it. The thing is when we drink blood more of our vampire side comes out. We get stronger, faster, colder, harder to hurt. But we lose ourselves. If a half vampire drank enough blood ‘e could be just as, if not stronger then a normal vampire. An if the half vampire ‘as a gift it only makes it worse. Ma father was one of the ones who never drank blood, ma uncle on the other ‘and lost ‘imself to it. Ya see ma uncle used ta be one of the nicest men ya could meet, just like ma father. …But one day ‘e got badly injured an ma grandfather made ‘im drink some blood to ‘elp heal himself. ‘E healed real quick, but the price ‘ad to be paid. Ma uncle wasn’ ‘imself no more. ‘E became curler and was on ‘is own a lot more.”

Erin’s eyes shone with un-shed tears. “By the en’ of the year ‘e was gone. Two more years later ah was born. Ah didn’ even know ah ‘ad an uncle till ah found the note and ma parents told me the story in the car. For 10 years me an ma family moved from place ta place neva stayin’ to long, because ‘e would send more letters to us. Then when ah turned 16 ma parents thought it would be ok ta settle down, just for a little bit cause ‘e hadn’ sent nothin’. …bout half way through the year ah was coming ‘ome from school.” Erin’s voice was nothin’ but a whisper now. “There ‘e was. Ma parents dead. The ‘ouse ready ta go into flames. An ta make it worse ‘e gave me this.” Said Erin brushing her bangs out of her eyes to show the pack her scared eye once more.
.........................................................................................................................

Paul and Leah were still now, wide-eyed like most of the pack. Emily was softly sobbing into Sam’s chest as he held her close. Jacob however was starting right at Erin’s blind eye. He hadn’t gotten that close a look at it before but now he could see the scar was almost perfectly straight and fairly thin, a scar that couldn’t have been done with some sort of butcher knife.

Jacob slowly stood up, a bone or two letting off a popping sound from him sitting down for so long. He slowly turned around and knowing everyone’s eyes were on him walked to the door before opening it, stepping out and softly shutting it still feeling the burning gaze of his imprint boring into the back of his head even though he was now at the forest.
........................................................................................................................

Erin winced as the door shut, even though it was shut softly it sounded like a bull had run into it. “Ah’ll go talk to ‘im.” True Erin wasn’t the closest person to Jacob but she felt as though she needed to talk to him, so standing on slightly shaky legs, Erin walked out the door and headed to the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOHOO!! All caught up with my fanfiction readers! I'm workin' on the next chapter so it should be doon soon! Hope ya enjoy^-^