Perfect Little Girl

Trinity

The school bell echoed through the school and Cho rushed to her form room to get her new timetable. After getting it and talking to a few people on the way, she went to cheerleading practice to find out who had made captain and what competitions they would be doing this year.

When Cho got there she saw Chase and Aya, waved and sat next to them.

“Hey has Elliot shown up yet?”

“Not yet but Trinity is driving me insane. She keeps doing back-flips and saying that she is going to get head cheerleader.” Said Chase shaking his head making his brown afro dance in the sun.

Chase had been on the team since before Cho and Aya had joined the team. He was such a fun loving guy and made everything so much better when things are sad and Cho had a funny feeling that him and Aya were dating. It was the way Aya sat around him and laughed, she never laughs Cho thought it was funny they were so different and yet that made them so perfect.

Elliot suddenly came out from the changing rooms smiling and shouted in her own way.
“Welcome back to the best team, club, squad on this whole campus. You all know it’s true and now I have left I want to put the best, most able girl or guy to carry on this legacy and that is why I have chosen, Trinity as the new captain of the Mad Dogs!”

Screams and groans filed the air. Screams from Trinity and her evil little friends and groans from Cho, Aya and Chase.

“God save us all.” Whispered Aya as Trinity stood up to make her acceptance speech, which she had obviously been practicing all night, no correction all freaking summer.

Cho felt disappointment spread through her like a virus. She thought that she was going to be picked as captain. She didn’t want to seem bigheaded but last year she had worked so hard to become captain and this was her last year at the school and even though she could still get a cheerleading scholarship but this would have been the cherry on the cake. Trinity was a good cheerleader granted but she was so far up her own…well lets just say Cho thought Elliot had made the wrong choice.

Somewhere outside her thought the bell rang through the grounds and Aya pulled her to her feet.

“Earth to Cho, come in Cho, can you hear me?”

“What? Oh yer high.” Coming out of a trance Cho smiled at her sister and pulled out her timetable to see what she had next period.

Social Studies.

Saying good-bye to Aya and Chase, Cho turned in the opposite direction to room 65A. There were two columns of five rows of tables and the class was already pretty full. Looking around to see if she new anyone her eyes spotted a guy she didn’t know sitting on his own at the back corner of the room. He had black hair and was wearing a light pink tight top and skinny jeans. Feeling a drawn to him Cho manoeuvred her way through the talking people, chairs and desks in her way. As she got closer to the boy she saw he had his lip pierced and a ring there, he was also hunched over drawing something making his hair fall over his eyes.

“Hi,” Cho said shyly, “can I sit here?” interacting the chair next to him.

“Sure,” he said dryly “it’s meant to be a free country right?”

Cho gave a weak smile to that and sat down next to him. They sat in silence as the noise of everyone wafted around them making no sense what so ever.

“Why are you sitting next to me.” He said impatiently looking at Cho intently. Turning to face him Cho was stunned to silence. His eyes, they were beautiful. Breath-taking. It was unreal. They were big and puppy dog like. Things that Cho had never seen before.

“Hello, weird girl in front of me. Are you there?”

Shaking her head. “Yer, sorry I keep droning out at the moment.”

“It’s okay, I’m Frank by the way and you are?”

“I’m Cho. Cho Ling. I haven’t seen you around before.”

“I’m new.”

He’s new he’s sweet. Thought Cho as she stared at him.

“Cool, made any friends yet? Not that I don’t think you wont have made any friends, like a loaner or anything, not that I’m saying you’re a loaner. It’s just you seem the type to not socialise. Or I may be completely wrong and your very social, maybe just not with me and I’m gonna shut up know and stop digging myself into a hole.” Cho garbled completely unaware of what she was saying and saying whatever came into her head.

There was an awkward silence in which Frank just stared at her, not saying a word. Suddenly he started to laugh, just inexplicably laughing. Cho just sat there, not knowing what to say. Just staring at this guy with a weird laugh.

“Um…why are you laughing.” Said Cho unsurely.

“No reason it’s just that was so funny. And to answer your earlier question. Yes I have made a friend, Mikey? You know him.”

“A bit he hangs out with Ray and Bob and that lot, right?”

“I think so. Why? Is that bad?”

“Not exactly they just don’t like me much.”

“Why your really nice. Mental but nice.” Frank smiled at me.

“Urr. Thanks I think. It’s just….”

At that moment the teacher walked in and the whole class fell silent. Cho mouthed to Frank
“Talk later.”

And the class spent the rest of the class talking about ‘Chav’ culture.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please comment :)