Moment

Surprise

May 4, 2007

“Hey I have a surprise for you,” Jack blurted out.

Callie looked up from her book and smiled at him. “Well what is it?” she asked excitedly.

Jack stood up and held his hand out for her. She took it and stood up waiting for him to do something. He smirked before taking something out of his back pocket. “Put this on,” he said holding it out.

“What are you going to do?” she asked mock fearfully.

Jack made a turning gesture with his hands and she sighed before turning around and letting him tie the blindfold around her eyes. He grabbed her hands and then picked her up into his arms and left the apartment.

Jack drove around town, taking random turns to confuse her before pulling into the parking lot of a semi-nice building. He hurried out of his side before opening her door and helping her step out and walk across the lot into the air conditioned building. He walked backwards to guide her into the elevator and then out onto the right floor.

“Jack where are we?” Callie smiled as Jack stopped them in front of a white door.

“One more second,” Jack said excitedly before opening the door and placing his hands on her hips. He guided her forward a few steps, told her to step down and then walked her a few more steps before stopping. “Okay, look,” he whispered in her ear untying the blindfold.

Callie took a moment before she opened her eyes then slowly she looked around at the empty apartment then gasped. They were standing in the middle of a large living area with a bay window and a balcony. Sunlight was flooding into the room illuminating the white washed walls. A beautiful stone fireplace was placed strategically against one wall. Two doors were near the fireplace leading to bedrooms. Callie turned to her other side and saw a cut out in the wall and the black kitchen cabinets and marble countertops from other side. There was a door next to the front door that was undoubtedly a closet door. The floor was covered with light hardwood boards that gleamed under the sunlight.

Jack was bouncing on the balls of his heels as he watched Callie admire the apartment. After she inspected the apartment from her spot in the middle of the living space, he giddily asked, “So what do you think?”

“It’s beautiful Jack,” she breathed.

Jack grinned like a little kid on Christmas. “I’m glad you said that.”

Callie turned around quickly before eyeing him. “Wait why? Whose is it?”

Jack smirked before getting down on one knee.

Callie looked down at him startled. “Whoa, what are you doing?” she stuttered.

“Callie Marie, will you move in with lil ‘ole me,” Jack asked with a bad southern accent.

Callie let out a deep breath and then laughed. “Oh Jack,” she breathed before looking around the apartment then back at him.

“We basically live together anyways,” Jack explained, “And it’s actually only a block away from your apartment so when I’m on tour, Nina, Taylor, and Elle won’t be far away.” He looked at her with his breath held as she took one more glance around then back at him.

She grinned before nodding her head and squealing, “I’d love too!”

“Yes!” Jack yelled punching his arm in the air and wrapping the other one around Callie’s waist. He pulled her into him and kissed her deeply, both of them smiling into it. He grabbed her hand and slipped a key into her palm before closing her fingers around it.

Callie broke from the kiss and looked down at the key. “Wait, does that mean you already bought it?”

Jack nodded sheepishly.

“Jack!” Callie scolded with an amused smile.

Jack grinned and picked her up and spun her around. “When do you want to move in?”

“Wait, how much is rent?” Callie asked suddenly.

“Don’t worry about it,” Jack replied.

“Jack. I will not let you pay full rent for this apartment. It has to be expensive, this place is too nice,” her voice becoming slightly worrisome.

Jack sighed, “Callie, don’t worry about it, it’s not that bad, I promise.”

Callie put her hands on her hips before replying, “Jack I’m not letting you pay full. You pay half; I pay half, that’s how it works.”

Jack threw his hands in the air and looked at her amused; he knew she wasn’t going to back down. “Fine,” he gave in.

“Okay,” Callie said before taking her shoes off and sliding across the floor in her socks. “C’mon!” she gestured to Jack.

After they slid around the apartment a few times and ended up in a heap on the floor laughing, Callie suggested, “We should throw your party here, before we leave for Warped.”

“Hell yeah,” Jack said snuggling into Callie.

“You’re pretty,” he stated kissing her on the lips.

“Ja-Jack,” she giggled as he pulled her on top of him.

“And you have nice boobs,” he said bluntly before kissing her collarbone.

“Thanks,” she said laughing.

“Hey,” Jack said after a moment of silence.

“Yeah?” Callie asked looking down at him with a smile.

“We have our own place,” Jack said grinning widely.

Callie grinned just as widely. “Yeah, we do,” and kissed him gently on the lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?